Linen House Hostel, Belfast

5.1

your hostels in Belfast

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is Linen House Hostel rated on booking websites?

Linen House Hostel Reviews

It's located in the centre of the city on one of the side streets. A unique combination lock on the front door that can be a little bit of a challenge after a long night but the night manager will let you in if you have any difficulty.

Some dorm rooms have an ensuite available. The pillows and mattresses were a little worn and thin but the rooms were very clean. Standard travel advice, carry your own sleeping bag and pillow case or pillow for a comfortable nights sleep.

The kitchen contains a few ovens and gas burners available and a separate dining area with a TV. A large common room at the entrance with a bicycle hanging over the front door as a unique door closer.
#
Hostelz

Never stay here

This building should be demolished. The stairs and floors are dangerous. There's bedbugs in the rooms. Bugs come out of the holes in the floors. My wife and I could not sleep all night!

Rick
2015-05-18
Age 32 | New Zealand

Terrible hostel but worth the price

though its the worst hostel ive ever stayed at, for that price id stay there again!

eilon

Kshitiz Gupta
2013-04-21
Age 27 | India

A good night's rest

This was a nice place to stay in Belfast and is located almost in the city center. It was very convenient and easy to find and the staff was friendly and helpful the entire stay. They have a laundry room located on the ground floor as well as the option to leave your bags for the day. My boyfriend and I did this so we could see a little more of Belfast before moving on; we didn't want to be stuck with our bags all day while site seeing. The reason I rated this hostel with 3 stars was because the bathroom showers were completely molded and are in need of an update. Other than this, the Linen House Hostel was a good place to stay.

Lacy
2012-08-20

Though its location could be called sketchy, Linenhouse Hostel provides all necessary facilities. Its most recommending features are its comfortable and spacious common spaces, whereas the dorms are cramped and the bathrooms dirty. It also has a pesky fee for left luggage. The nightly rates are more than worth any inconvenience, however, making it a worthy resting spot for any spendthrift.

Linenhouse Hostel is rather creepily situated down an alley, far removed from the bustling of Royal Road. If you can forgive this detail, however, you will be thankful for the free parking on the same alley (though security is questionable). Also, it is the only hostel north of the city center, giving you quicker access to Castlehouse Court (shopping), Shankhill Road (culture), and Whites Tavern (history).

Dorms can be mixed or single sex, with up to fourteen beds per dorm. There are also private rooms available, and there are very reasonable long-term bargains. The beds are comfortable, but because the rooms are long and narrow and there are no lockers, the aisles are perfect for tripping over suitcases in the dark. Each dorm has a bathroom, and there are extra bathrooms in the hallways, though the toilets and showers are separated. The showers are clean enough and are accessorized with floor mats, but the sinks lack hand soap and towels. You are left wiping your hands on your pants and hoping the germs swam away in the water.

The common spaces are quiet and roomy. The lobby has computers for rent, free Wi-Fi, and large couches. The dining room has a TV and ample sitting room, so everyone can comfortably enjoy a rugby match over breakfast. The kitchen has the basic utensils for cooking, most notably a lot of open space for people to move around each other.

Summary

Linenhouse Hostel is a bargain accommodation. It may be inconvenient in certain aspects, but it is a quiet place to rest during your Belfast adventures.

Anna Dourgarian
2012-02-07

ok, it's cheap, but it's dirty and the staff unfriendly. pay some more and get a nice bnb. never again!

Erikson
2008-11-22
Berlin,Germany

Hostel From Hell

Firstly when we arrived there was supposed to be two rooms that fit ten -- in each room booked there was only room for eighteen of us. Mc Leonard (one of the staff) who seemed incompetent and unfazed by the mix-up, seemed unwilling to help, then advised us that although we had paid for en-suites in each of the two rooms but none were now available as they had been allocated to other customers! no discount or refund was offered. The staff were unfriendly to say the least and although the rooms were basic one of the beds was broken and there were stains on duvets. After we returned to the Hostel after being out in Belfast we were told we were being noisy and that we should be quiet or the police would be phoned. After we were hurled sectarian abuse by a woman in the hostel (unsure if she was a member of staff) we were then greeted by the PSNI who then man-handled ten of us out into the streets were we remained until the morning, we were told that no refund from the deposit would be paid back after ten of us not even using one of the rooms and being forced to sleep in a phone box outside the hostel! I would not recommend this hostel unless you like to be tortured and verbally abused by the residents. We were later informed by the hostel that they wanted more money from each of us as they had to refund people for the noise after already receiving 180 pound in a deposit from us. Avoid at all costs.

Leonard
2008-10-15
N.Ireland

Nightmare. In spite of reserving room two weeks in advance, we arrived to be told they were overbooked and we'd have to go to another location. We were then given wrong directions across town which we only discovered after a long walk and two fraught phone calls to the Linen House . When we eventually found the alternative accommodation (by paying for a taxi back across town) the room was small and squalid and had a small double bed instead of the twin we reserved. When we rang the hostel again to be told we had been given the wrong room number and key. After another significant wait someone arrived and showed us in to a slightly larger squalid room. I complained about the way we were treated but received nothing but a hollow apology. I also sent my complaint to the 'owner' in writing because they would not even furnish me with the name of someone I could address my complaint to. I have not been afforded the courtesy of a reply.

Paul

2014-04-20

It was cheap

Rick Madden
2014-03-16

Just a 5 minute walk to the city center, and a 10 minute walk to the bus station was nice.

2014-03-16

I had an interview at The University of Ulster, and this hostel is literally 3 minutes away by foot. I had wondered whether for the price the hostel would be okay? But for the money, you get use of a communal kitchen, separate dining room/long room with TV, friendly staff and residents of the hostel (who I found gave great conversation!). My room was very basic and small, but it was all I needed as I was out exploring Belfast the minute I landed. Plus... One of the staff members, Dinko, let me into my room at 8am as it was unoccupied and he didn;t have to do that - after just getting off the ferry from LIverpool after just a few hours sleep, it was much appreciated. Plus, you can leave your bags at the hostel on the day you are leaving for cheap prices! I know it sounds like I am selling the place... but for the money, it is perfect and is geared for people like me who had not visited Belfast before (ie. Hostels are used to people walking in not knowing their erse from their elbow as far a the locality is concerned). There was no heating in the room, but I took my hot water bottle which made my bed positively toasty ;)

Craig Thomas
2014-03-13

Not too far from shopping and odyssey arena

2014-03-06

Great location and friendly staff!

2014-03-04

Staff were really friendly and gave loads of nice information.

2014-02-26

It is in a great spot, and staff was very helpful. The common areas are comfortable, we were able to make new friends there.

2014-02-11

They advertised awesome trips for travelers. Both tours we did - the Giant's Causeway day tour and Black Taxi tour - we found from posters in the hostel and talking to the staff about them.

2014-02-04

Clean, tidy, friendly staff and a good place to meet new people.

2014-01-09

Great location and safe parking.

2013-12-02

The best thing about this place is the location and price. They also serve breakfast for £ 2.

2013-12-01

Great location so close to the city centre. Nice and clean, bathrooms also clean. Absolutely nothing to complain about.The hostel is a historic building and has a friendly atmosphere. The rooms are well-kept. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Great value for money. I enjoyed my stay.

2013-11-21

I have stayed here before so I knew I would be safe here. I only stayed one night and left the next morning for a flight. It was perfect for what I needed.

Ciara Mc Entee
2013-11-15

2013-11-14

The Linen House hostel the largest independent hostel in Belfast. Full of character and very cosmopolitan where travellars from everywhere swap stories in a friendly atmosphere,the hostel offers small and large dorms, single, twin/double and 4 bed room, laundry, internet, parking, self cathering kitchen,group bookings available for small and large, left luggage facilities, bike storage, tours available as taxi Tour of Belfast and Giant's Causeway. The hostel is a Backpakers and Holidy makers.

Situated in Belfast's Cathedral Quarter beside the Belfast Central Library, City Centre.

Address: 18-20 Kent Street, Belfast, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Linen House Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld

Website Linen House Hostel Belfast www.belfasthostel.com
Phone Number: +44 (0) 28- 9058 6400

Reception Hours: 8 AM - Midnight (08:00-24:00)

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Linen House Hostel