Botanical Backpackers, Belfast

9.2

Botanical Backpackers is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Botanical Backpackers

How is Botanical Backpackers rated on booking websites?

Botanical Backpackers Reviews

Great location, great price, very homelike feel

very friendly helpful staff, good beds, lots of power points, coco the dog!!!!

Yaan
2015-03-11
Age 25 | Australian

This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful, and is also actively involved and engaged in the independent hostels organisation, so has lots of information about other good spots to stay.

Kate W
2007-04-25
Scotland

My sister was murdered on the sidewalk in front of Arnie's Hostel in May 2005. She was murdered by a local girl that Arnie allowed to come and go as she pleased even though he knew she was a danger and had been harassing my sister. Arnie then avoided the police to be interviewed even though he was lying to me telling me that he was trying to help. My sister's blood is on Arnie's hands as well as the girl, Sarah, who killed her. I would never allow anyone I know to stay at Arnie's Hostel!

Crystal Rowland
2006-12-30

I dont usually bother to do this sort of thing, but there were two hostels in Europe that I found on my adventures and that really impressed me, and this was one of them. Arnies was small but lovely and homely and made me feel less lonely and "all citied out" on my travels. The dogs were a great touch, and Arnie's information and assistance was most helpful. Apart from the black taxi tour, walking the dogs through the university grounds was a highlight of my trip to Belfast.

Emma
2006-05-31

It's the best hostel I've ever been! It even made me and my boyfriend decide to start our own hostel in Holland. The people who work there are very friendly and helpfull. We were with a group of 8 people and they really helped us to find interesting things to do. The cleanyness is ok. But what had the most charm, is the atmosphere. At one time, Herman (the friend of arnie who was running the place at the time) had his anniversuary at this time. He called everybody downstairs, and his friends came, and we had a great party and he gave us free drinks. Also when he was booked full, he rented his own bed and went to sleep in the livingroom. And after a while there came a father and a little boy and he let them sleep in the livingroom and he moved his own bed to the kitchen! Thats what i call hospitallity.

It's very small but it has its charm. So if you have the possibitilty,. Go there!!! (its also about the cheapest hostel in belfast)

Katinka
2006-01-29

I loved it. It was way better than any other hostel I was in during my trip. My first night I met two other Canadians and some very nice Yanks and I ended up staying three extra weeks because I felt so at home.

We miss you Arnie, Rosie and Snowie.

Josh
2005-10-23

I stayed here and to be honest it is the most disgusting place I have ever been to in my life, and that includes mud huts in Kenya. The two dogs probably have the cleanest bedding in the place. Our bed cover was covered in dried bloodstains and the sheets looked like they were last changed three weeks ago. The showers were revolting. Arnie made us a cup of tea on our arrival but I think he bought the milk when he changed the sheets.

John
2005-09-09

Although I only stayed for one night, I really got to like the place: Arnie is a great host with a wonderful sense of humor, and the whole place is very relaxed and friendly. And cheap! The rooms and the whole place are a bit small, but on the whole, having stayed at many hostels on a two-week Britain and Ireland tour, I enjoyed my stay at Arnie's the most.

Potgieter
2005-08-10

Arnie's is a small, friendly, independent hostel situated in the beautiful Queen's University area of Belfast, just 10-15 minutes walk from the city centre.

Arnie's is the ideal place to explore the culture, nightlife, shops and entertainment in Belfast.

* Small 22 bed hostel
* Victorian Town House
* No curfew or lockout
* from only £7 a night

* Free tea and coffee on arrival
* Kitchen
* Real coal fires and small garden
* Cab tours of Belfast available from the hostel
* Arnie's two Jack Russel dogs, Rosie and Snowie!

Address: 63 Fitzwilliam Street, Belfast, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Botanical Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub