Hostel Deco, Krakow

8.7

Hostel Deco is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld HostelsClub Booking.com

How is Hostel Deco rated on booking websites?

Hostel Deco Reviews

Would be excellent if it were not for provocative nearly nude photos

The staff was superior. They went out of their way to provide information and to make my stay as comfortable as possible, even placing me in a first floor room (there is no lift) with only one other woman. It is generally coed. The common rooms were exceptionally well decorated and inviting. The breakfast was superb. The only minus, are the provocative nearly nude photos in almost every room and on their business card. It gives the impression of a bordello. Because of this I could not return. In my business I can not be seen coming in and out of this place. I am sorry to say that I cannot recommend it either.

Lyn
2013-06-18

A place to stay without hesitation!

I stayed here in mid-April for four nights while awaiting a colleague to join me during his Easter break. Since I required en-suite private room (lowest level), there was none available for two persons on the ground floor. Not wanting to be separated for an additional week, I made other arrangements at a nearby apartment. I would have preferred to remain at the hostel because I found the staff to be most helpful and the driver, Marcin, a delight to deal with. His fees for visits to other cities (Zakopane) were very reasonable. He was on time for transfers to/from the airport. Moreover, his knowledge of the English language was most impressive. Cab fare to/from the hostel/main square averaged about ten zlotych ($3) at the then current rate of exchange. The distance to a tram stop (nn. 3 and 5), which head south to the main square, is about five minutes (depending on age and agility). I am seventy-four! The fares are very inexpensive. Ask for details at the hostel for a seven-days pass (or for fewer days). Students receive a discounted rate. The free breakfast was adequate. There is a grocery story about one block north with a variety of food items for snacks. No one ever absconded with a few goodies I stored in the refrigerator. Laundry service (wash and dry) was timely (first load free). Water was very hot for showering. Room heater worked well for some of the colder nights in April. If I were to return to Krakow again (my favorite city in Poland), without doubt I would stay at Deco hostel. I intend to recommend this hostel to others who may plan visits to Poland in the future.

Leonard Bogdan
2009-04-30
USA born

I had a blast!

This hostel really made my time in Krakow. The staff were super friendly and gave some great advice about clubs and the like. Really great common room and kitchen to meet great people. Clean rooms, the works. Thanks for the good times!

Stefan
2008-03-16
Australia

Going back if I can!

This hostel was wonderful! From the moment I walked in I was greeted by the friendliest of people. Not only were they friendly, but they spoke english! I got up to my room and it was as clean as any hotel I've stayed in. Breakfast was great with granola and sandwiches. After a day of walking around and looking at things I'd come back and talk to the staff. They are very easy to get along with and they will help you with anything. If you get get a chance to meet Kab, do so, he is a very sweet and fun guy to talk to! Next time I go back to Krakow I'm staying here again!

Jessica Davis
2008-02-17

To be recommended

I stayed there during four nights at the end of January. During this time it was not very frequented, but it's still winter! The staff are polite, helpful, and they were always listening to my problems. I've got informations about the city, nightlife, where to buy this and that and bus connections to town (thanks Keb!). Every time I could have a small talk and the kitchen is in the same stylish way like the rest of all the rooms. Very relaxed atmosphere. Please note -- If you want to stay in the city center you have to pay more, maybe without style! Why only four stars within rating? There should always be something to upgrade.

Alex
2008-02-07
Germany

More than you bargain for

Krakow is a gorgeous city with and we stayed at an evenly gorgeous hotel -- Deco. The building/interior is absolutely beautiful original art deco. the staff is very friendly and helpful, not to mention their excellent knowledge of the English language! They advertise white crisp linen and yes, they absolutely deliver. Bathroom was very clean, showers good too. We packed our breakfast sandwich to go as lunch, since you can have scrumptious (and cheap) large breakfasts anywhere in the city on the market square. Don't forget to rent a bike -- the best way to check out the lovely parks and little squares of Krakow.

Mirre Schaefer & Iwan Zeinstra
2007-10-18
Dutch

This was a wonderful hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen was very clean and available (we cooked some great meals). The room was clean and spacious. It had everything we needed and was only a ten-minute walk to the main square. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Madeline & Carlin
2007-02-22

I stayed at the Deco in late October.

First of all, Krakow is a beautifull city. So much history, architecture, culture. And even warm in end of October - people on the street actually in shorts!

The Deco Hostel was conveniently located not far (three tram stops) from the Central Station.

Nice athmosphere, friendly staf, good price/quality -level. In all, the prices in Krakow seem to be 10-20 % lower than in Warsow.

Stayed in a single room. Simple, but clean. I liked the wooden floors!

Excellent sleep between snow-white linen in comfortable bed.

Free internet!

I'll come back!

Tommi Pitkänen from Helsinki
2006-11-24

Give yourself a royal treat in the Royal City of Krakow and begin it all with a stylish hostel which we have created with you in mind.
The DECO HOSTEL, opened in June 2005, is located in a renovated ART DECO style building erected in the nineteen-thirties, and it is still redolent of the interwar period.

Located only a 15-minute walk away from the Market Square and the Main Railway Station, outside of the limited entry and parking zone for motor-cars, it is a convenient starting point for all those who plan to visit Krakow.

We offer double, four-bed and eight-bed rooms, with comfortable single and double beds, with spring mattresses and a daily change of bed linen. Everything is new, with a touch of art deco style.

The young multi-lingual staff will advise you on what is worth seeing (and what's not!) but the kind of things which are usually left unmentioned by a typical city-guide.

All of this at affordable prices.
As a newly-opened place we're offering special prices. Make the most of it!
Enjoy Krakow and find your own place.
See you there!

Address: ul. Mazowiecka 3A, Krakow (Kraków), Poland

Hostel Deco is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Hostel Deco Krakow www.hosteldeco.com
Phone Number: 0048126310745

Quiet Rest

Safe Deposit Box

Airport Pickup (70 PLN)

Bike Rental (30 PLN PER DAY)

Breakfast (15 PLN)

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): All Ages

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Min. Age without Parent: All Ages

Note: no high heels

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Hostel Deco