Ostello Tramonti

The Hostelz.com Review

The perfect quiet spot for those wanting to visit the beautiful Cinque Terre on the cheap. It is a nice hostel with everything you need, helpful staff and provided everything you need.

The hostel is nicely located in the tiny ancient town of Biassa, surrounded by beautiful lush greenery. It's the perfect place to stay for those not wanting to Spend a fortune visiting the villages of Cinque Terre. It's a short bus ride from Le Spezia and the hostel offers a free shuttle, so it can be reached with ease. The town itself doesn't have much to offer, with only two restaurants available. The hostel however has its own restaurant and provides delicious food. The pre-booked shuttles to and from Riomaggiore makes everything super easy.

The rooms are spacious and have huge cupboard lockers for you to put all of your gear in. The beds were comfortable and everything was suitably clean. The hostel provides several private bathrooms and one shared, to make getting dressed in private a plus. The cleanliness seems to be better during the first part of the day, rather than the evenings.

The hostel has a load of common spaces, making this perfect for solo travelers worried about staying in the remote little town. You can choose from sitting and watching a DVD on the comfy couches or sitting and admiring the view during the day. If the weather permits, there is some outdoor seating to enjoy the serenity. Then you've got the restaurant with plenty of seating to hang around, eat and drink. There's also a few scattered couches with enough room for all hostel guests to interact. The hostel has a washing machine to use for cheap and towels for rental.

Summary

Despite the remote location, do not hesitate to give Ostello Tramonti a chance to impress. While some may be anxious about traveling to such a remote area, the organized hostel helps ease any anxiety. The organization of the shuttles used by the hostel is impressive.
Set in the beautiful surrounds of an old town, it conveniently still provides a traveler with everything they might need. The social aspect is fantastic and the restaurant adds to the social atmosphere while providing great options.
by Hannah
Lounge
Common area
Bathroom
Beds

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Ostello Tramonti" at Via Fabio Filzi 110.)

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Liguria, Italy
www.ostellotramonti.it
+39 01 87 758507
+39 0187758507

How is Ostello Tramonti rated on other websites?

Loved the drive to the 5Terre.
I thought the staff really try hard to provide quality service. This I do appreciate. I had an issue with getting picked up from riomaggiore which I wasn't happy about. They came down with a different car. I didn't think they were for my hostel. It would be a good idea if the driver calls out the names of people who are missing from his pick up list. I was told it was the brown van. This man came in a white car. When I asked the other people if they were going to the Biassa hostel as they headed for the car they said no but they did go there. So I thought it wasn't for me. If the guy called out names it would have avoided this issue. Otherwise it was very nice. A bit loud at night but I realize it's a lot of young people and I can deal with that. Breakfast was very good. Didn't try the dinners and wish I had.
Andrea
Age 52, USA
2015-08-19

Clean, friendly, accessible, affordable.
I only stayed one night, but the accommodations were comfortable and getting to Riomaggiore was easy with the help of the hostel, as well as with his directions on how to get there by foot in the morning.
Jessica
Age 22, USA
2015-03-01

Recommended out-of-town accommodation
Very helpful staff! Convenient shuttle service ensured hiking opportunities in the Cinque Terre. Considerate roommates and friendly hostel community. Would recommended this hostel!
Lynn
Age 40, USA
2014-07-14

Perfect for budget travelers to see le cinque terre
It is a small hostel, in a small town with not much to do. But it's exactly what you want and need if you don't have a heap if money to blow and you want to see le cinque terre. The guys Andrea and Diego are great, really friendly and happy to help. The beds are comfy, the bathrooms clean and there's always tonnes of hot water, all you really need after a day of trekking through the highlands.
Catherine
Age 25, Australian
2014-03-15

Great place, mediocre location
The room was great. Very clean, comfortable bed, wifi access, lots of travelers. My complaint was the distance from cinque tierre. We had to pay one euro for the hostel to drive us to the towns (which was only a 10 minute drive) and the hostel had limited shuttles so you had to plan your whole day around the shuttles. I would have preferred to get a hostel in one of the towns and be able to come and go as I wanted. We found a hostel in riomaggiore that was the same price and right in town. Live and learn.
Craig
Age 31, USA
2013-06-19

Excellent place to stay at Cinque Terre
Ostello Tramonti was the perfect place to stay when I visited Cinque Terre for several days. It's not in one of the five towns, but rather up in the mountains in its own little village -- a scene I would never have found myself in if it weren't for staying at this hostel. It gave me a view into local life with easy access to likely what you're going to Cinque Terre to see -- the coast and five coastal towns. From the hostel, we were given rides down and back each day, so most of my time was spent running around and between the villages, but the time I did spend at the hostel was always good. Andrea ... he is an excellent hostel manager and guy to meet. I'll be back no doubt.
Mallory
Age 23, United States
2013-05-31

Great hostel and great staff
This place is awesome. You get an awesome view of la spezia from the dining area in the hotel. The sheets were super clean and the owners are so nice. Great and cheap shuttle service to the sea.
brunella mariotti
Age 51, italy
2013-04-10

Bedbugs
Beginning october 2012. I stayed for 2 nights and left with bedbugs, which cost me a lot of money to get rid off and a day in my travel calendar to treat for the bedbugs. No understanding from the staff on the hostel.
Bodil