Lamrock Lodge on Bondi Beach

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Lamrock Lodge on Bondi Beach" at 19 Lamrock Avenue.)

19 Lamrock Avenue, Bondi Beach, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.891266, 151.271537 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.lamrocklodge.com
+61 (2) 9130-5063
+61 2 93009582

How is Lamrock Lodge on Bondi Beach rated on other websites?

Ok for a short stay
Stayed here for 10 nights in the peak of summer and that was enough. No air con in the 4 bed dorm I was in and one tiny wall fan to try and circulate the heat -- not ideal. The room was pretty cramped as they seemed to try and squeeze as much furniture in there as possible; table, chair, wardrobe, sink, and cupboard. There was little room for 4 rucksacks and bags, so less furniture and more space would have been better. No en-suite, but I never had to queue to use the communal showers or toilets. Not the cleanest I have been in, but by no means the worst and they seemed to be cleaned out daily. Location is great, 2 min walk to Campbell Parade and Bondi beach, so you can't moan about that. Always people sat outside the Hostel, chatting, however you do have to go inside or move on as these seats close at 9pm to consider the neighbours. It won't be the best, but it won't be the worst place you stay.
Liz
(UK)
2011-07-27

Good location, thats about it
hostel is a couple of mins from the beach which is handy, apart from that i can't think of anything else good to say about the place. the room was fair, never cleaned although we stayed there for over a week. the bathroom was filthy and the floor was always covered in dirt. the kitchen was manky and the walls are paper thin. are there any good hostels in bondi???
brian
(ireland)
2007-11-13
  This is not a good place to stay. The rooms stink and are very dirty. I did not have a sink or a microwave as it said on their website. Ok, the location i pretty good, and it's pretty sheep. But it's NOT worth it. DON'T GO THERE!!!!
Frida
2007-02-09
  This hostel is an absolute disgrace! We had booked a double room after looking at their website but we were VERY disappointed when we got there. The room was tiny, VERY dirty and also it stank as did the corridors. On the website it states that all the rooms have been newly decorated.. this was not the case. Having stayed in many hostels around the world on our travels I would say this was one of the worst and would definitely not recommend it.
Gillian
2005-12-03
  I have stayed here many times over the last few years, and I can say that yes, sometimes when they don't have a double they will give you a twin room (sometimes with bunk but not dorm) until one becomes available. But I know for a fact that each and every room (including dorms) have cable TV, sink, fridge and microwave. Where else can you get a single room so close to the beach with all these facilities for around $20 AUD?? Nowhere!! I found the staff to be very reasonable even when people are acting drunk and loud. So, check it out for yourself. You don't have to pay to take a look at the rooms and make your own decisions.
Amiel
2005-10-25
  This hostel is the pits. The reception offered an airport pick up and then said it was too late (5:45 p.m.). They offered to pay half the taxi cost on arrival and did not when we asked. The reception man was not at all friendly. We had booked a double room and double checked this with a follow up phone call, but we actually were given a dorm with two bunks and the room STANK, of what I never hung around to work out. It had NO TV, microwave or kitchenette despite the false advertising. I spoke to the man on reception, who just said, "Yes, but the room is all yours," in a slimy, greasy voice. He rang the manager who I then spoke to and she said "If you're not happy then leave." This is what we did but on our first night in Sydney and pitch dark I was not in the slightest impressed. Avoid this place like the plague, you have been warned!!!
Craig