Youth Hostel Anna

When you arrive in Santorini, chances are you will be picked up at the port by a staff person from the Youth Hostel Anna. Just watch for the Youth Hostel sign on the lefthand side as you get off of the ferry. It can be an overwhelming experience as there are many people waiting for the ferries to come in and trying to persuade you to stay at their hostel/pension.

The hostel is located in a central location in Perissa Beach, Santorini. It is only a ten-minute walk to the beach, an amazing bakery, a grocery store, many bars and restaurants, and travel agencies.

The hostel provides many services for travelers. At the hostel, you can rent a car, quad, or scooter; book excursions around the island; or book ferry tickets for future journeys. The staff at the hostel is very helpful. The lady who works the reception desk answered all of our questions and helped us make any arrangements that we needed.

The hostel itself is well maintained and clean. The dorm rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, which are modern bunks. Room cleaning takes place daily and is done very well. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day. There are lockers for bags in the dorm room, as well as air conditioning.

There is a restaurant/bar across the street where you get a discount on food while staying at the hostel (just show your locker key). The restaurant is open for business all day, every day. It's a great place to eat. There are no kitchen/laundry facilities at the hostel.

The water at the hostel is heated using solar power. If it is before sunrise or after sunset, there isn't a lot of hot water available. When we checked in, the receptionist told us this, so we scheduled our showers during the day. We never had a problem getting hot water during the day.

The staff is the best staff of any hostel that we dealt with during our trip. They are very helpful and organized. They can answer questions about Santorini as well as nearby areas (they gave us information about Rhodos, the next island to which we were traveling). This hostel is a good value for money, and we really enjoyed our stay.

August 2006

How is Youth Hostel Anna rated on other websites?
Youth Hostel Anna Reviews from the Web
4   For 6 euros, i'm impressed i had a late flight into Santorini, and just crashed here for the night. there was a contact number to call for reception (i was told to call from the restaurant across the street), which really was almost unnecessary because all i needed to know was what room/bed; people were up and i wasn't locked out or anything like that, but regardless, it was nice of reception to show up past 1 am to show me in. room was nice and cool, thank god because otherwise i would have baked. its right on the street so lots of people are up late. bus station to fira is just up the street, quite convenient. for 6 euros i'm quite impressed.  , United States ()
5  This hostel was great. We got off the boat and were picked up almost immediately and taken to the hostel, where the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was great, only a few minutes walk to a black beach, and if you rent a car from the hostel (at a very affordable price), you are only a few minutes drive from a red sand beach. The atmosphere is very happy and upbeat, and the Atlas restaurant, situated right across the street, has excellent food for a very good price. The 15% discount is only on food items, but it is worth it. The fact that the bartender (Dave) is a Canadian from Toronto also helped. We spent almost every night of our stay at Dave's having a great time drinking, conversing, and singing along to the eighty-seven thousand songs on his computer. All in all, Youth Hostel Anna and Atlas Cafe Bar and Restaurant are a class act which deserve the highest recommendation, and your business.  , Canada ()
4  Nice clean hostel with air con rooms. We stayed in a ten-bed dorm, and it was probably the best room in a hostel during our entire trip. Pity about some of our roommates, but that's not the hostels fault. Nice location close to Perissa beach, and lots of small supermarkets, bars, and restaurants for some great food and times. I would recommend staying here any time.  ()
3  I liked this place because it was clean and cheap. The location is ok if you want to hang out at the beach but far from Fira the main town in Santorini. The owner lady was gone a lot of the time so it is hard to catch her and ask her questions. I would probably stay in Fira if I were to go back.  ()
3  I stayed in the dorm rooms for 2 nights in August 2005, and they were pretty gross. They weren't very ventilated, and there was a power cut one night so entering a 30-person dorm room in the dark was quite hard. And the showers, although hot, were a bit smelly and dirty, as were the mattresses. But it was cheap, and the staff were very, very friendly, and the restaurant across the road, Atlas, has great food, on which you get a 15 percent discount if you're staying at Anna's. So if I was to recommend it, I'd say don't stay in the big dorm room, it's just not worth it.  ()
1  If you want to have a good vacation do not stay at Hostel Anna. To be honest, it's the worst hostel I've ever had. The hostel is terrible, and like a bandit. When we said we wanted to cancel one day of our stay, and get the money back (even three days in advance), the owner didn't listen to any reason (because we can't change our ferry tickets). He just said I don't care, I have your credit card number. And I heard many other people had the same experience, too. But at least, I found out there are so many other places you could stay much better than Hostel Anna at a lower cost.  ()
4  The owners of this hostel were so sweet and nice! They were so helpful and they went out of their way to make us feel at home. The Atlas restaurant across the street was great as well! I will definitely be back here some time in the future. Great for the price!  ()
5  Fabulous! The people are so kind. I met people from all around the world. It's a really good place to go for cheap, and the restaurant Atlas is so good with a really charismatic owner! I was there two years ago for the first time, and now I come back each summer! The beach is so original and beautiful! I hope to see you there.  ()