8.5
+50 Traveller Couples

Albergo Antico Capon is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is Albergo Antico Capon rated on booking websites?

Overall
Cleanliness
Staff
Atmosphere
Security

Albergo Antico Capon Reviews

First-Time Hostel User Very Impressed!

This hostel is in Campo Santa Margerita -- a very cool place to stay, not too crowded but lively and fun! Accommodations are decent and staff is friendly. Location is central and neighborhood is beautiful without being tourist-crazy. Had a lot of fun!

Grace
2014-05-25

Great but I think I was lucky

Apparently some people are lucky and get to stay at the advertised location, and others are sent to other unadvertised locations. I thought I'd take the risk for the advertised price (this is Venice after all) and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I shared a great room with three other females that was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The Campo Santa Margherita has fruit markets during the day, and a cheap but delicious pizza joint open at night. There are a number of bars nearby, and it's easy to get to by public transport.

Lucy
2009-06-17
Australian

I took the chance on this place so most of you won't have to, I stayed here April 16th to18th, 2007. A very nice place with no bedbugs stayed in a four-person room for 22 Euro a night. In Venice you literally can't beat that. I had a friend stay on the mainland at a place for 19 Euro, so for the extra 3, be on the island, and in a great place for nightlife. It did get a little loud on some nights, but you are right in the university district and there are plenty of bars around. The internet rule is a little weird, but if you need to use internet for a long time, try Cafe Blu -- it is about three minutes' walk and just buy a drink and you can use the internet for free. (Free internet is unheard of in venice, so you might as well get the beer). great pizza place in the square Pizza Al Volo, you can get a pizza for 4 euro that is more than enough for dinner. I also found that since it is in the university district, things did tend to be a bit cheaper than the rest of the city. A good fifteen minutes' walk from Piazza San Marco, but it gives you a great look of the city just walking around. Only about ten Minutes from the train station. Bed was comfortable -- i repeat in April 2007, no bedbugs in this hostel. Only complaint is there was only one bathroom on the floor for about twelve guests when fully booked. I got by ok, just get up a little early or sleep a little late. They will hold your luggage for you on the day of your departure, and very nice staff. This place is worth its cost, really more a hotel than a hostel, with a great location, and no bedbugs -- don't be afraid of this place and stay somewhere else in Venice.

James T.
2007-04-21
U.S.A.

I stayed here for a few days in August 2006. I was placed in the building across the plaza from the main hostel building. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that me and my travel partner were booked into a double room, instead of a dorm, but then we had to pay the double room price. The room wasn't much to write home about as it was a converted kitchen, complete with sink, tile-covered floor and walls, and a broken refrigerator. The bathroom was in even worse condition. The shower barely worked and we resorted to using the detachable showerhead in the bathtub that shot out nothing but cold water. We also noticed a sizable mushroom growing out of the corner of the bathroom across from the toilet. Mosquitoes were a problem in the evenings, but that wasn't the hostel's fault (just keep your windows closed and suffer in the evening summer heat). At least the location couldn't be beat. The plaza nearby offers some cheap food and drinks.

Sho
2007-04-18
United States

I booked my two nights in Venice a month before arriving. It doesn't say anywhere, but this hostel is spread over a number of buildings around the square, and many are in crappy condition, but I expected this of Venice. However, when i got to my room I realised that all the beds were taken. I went back to the desk clerk and found out he had double booked my bed. He told me to come back in two hours and see if anything became available! I couldn't believe this. The room I had been originally put in was dirty, the bathroom -- well, I was afraid for even my shoes to enter. He did end up finding a place for me, and that room turned out to be much better. But be warned of this occurrence!

Haley
2007-04-10
Canada

We stayed there two nights. Fantastic location. But the first night, we were eaten by bedbugs. We told them and they changed our room where we were eaten too in our second and scratchy night in Venice. They've got a plague and the did nothing to compensate us for that.

Juliet
2006-12-15

Stayed in the residence opposite the hostel main building which was a surprise to me. The staff did their job and answered all queries when asked but nothing over and above the call of duty. The hotel/hostel is found in a lively square and provides a great base to explore the rest of Venice including not being too far away from bus station and boat stops. I shared a dorm room with three others and sheets were clean and extra blankets provided in the room. No wardrobe just a stand-up clothes rail to hang garments. Security fairly good and never worried about my luggage in the room whilst out. Vouchers obtained for coffee and cake in the money not worth bothering about but at least they gave them to me. I've been in hostels whose staff don't even provide you with them so no complaints there. Don't expect the Savoy. It's well priced, clean, safe, and quiet considering the square it's in. Furthermore, I liked the fact that there was not many tourists about, just locals, which is a real bonus.

D. Holland
2006-10-26

This place was by far the worst we stayed in, so I was surprised by all the positive reviews. We must have been really lucky with our other hostels. There were just so many bugs everywhere. We were put in the building across the square from the main building, and there was no hot water at all. just freezing cold showers, which you can get used to actually. but the worst was seeing cockroaches crawling on the beds. and being bitten by bed bugs everywhere. you think that this shouldn't really matter, but it really affects your stay there if you are itchy and uncomfortable. we definitely could not sleep at night because of all the bugs. but it is in a convenient location, and maybe if you stay in the main building it is different.

Lynn
2006-08-01

Address: Campo Santa Margherita, Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice (Venezia), Veneto, Italy

Albergo Antico Capon is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Albergo Antico Capon Venice (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +390415285292