Sleep Well Youth Hostel, Brussels

City Centre
7.8

Sleep Well Youth Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Sleep Well Youth Hostel rated on booking websites?

Sleep Well Youth Hostel Reviews

Great location, convenient and comfortable

Aug 2015 stay. This hostel is located practically in the city center, just a 5 minute walk to Grand Place! This made it very convenient to see all of the touristy things the first day here. Lots of shops/restaurants around, as well as the Gare du Nord Rail Station and 272 bus line that take you to BRU airport. Free breakfast! Free Wi-Fi (haven't seen a hostel that still charges for that). Pleasant staff (although service a little slow due to big groups staying there). The dorm rooms varied a bit in space/decor. Some rooms are very nice, while others feel cramped and plain. Either way, bathrooms were very clean fresh sheets on dorm beds every day, which is so nice after staying in some questionable hostels.

MaggieDot
2015-08-21
Age 26 | USA

Good

Everything is good except that wifi is charged.

YINGYING
2013-08-06

Alright.

I didn't mind this hostel at first, it's not a bad hostel, there are however some major flaws which smaller, stand alone hostels deal with so easily it sort of puts Sleep Well to shame. Firstly, it seems like they reserve almost everything for people who have paid to become hostel members, including the elevator, (you aren't allowed to go down 5 floors in an elevator), which i couldn't believe at first. There aren't any lockers or proper storage facilities. I couldn't even fit my backpack in the drawer under my bunk bed. Reception only ever had one person on and she was so busy most of the time she couldn't actually help you for fear of the queue getting any longer. Reception didn't have any padlocks left to rent, or even buy and was quite blunt about it so I couldn't use the drawer under my bunk for valuables on the first night anyway. The showers only have one push button, which you have to keep pressing and which also only flows hot water: (anyone who likes to take a cold shower to calm a raging hangover, too bad.) Despite being divided into separate male and female rooms, the cubicle doors also have no locks on them. Breakfast is extremely early, so you have to choose between breakfast and another few hour's sleep after a night out. Its also full of 14-17 year old school children who knock on your door just to say 'hi' then walk away.

o'd
2011-06-21
Ireland

Basic chain accommodation

It's a chain accommodation so you expect a certain standard, it's clean, the common room isn't the best and you have to bring you own padlocks to lock things away securely in your room. Apart from that it is a decent place to sleep, don't use the laundry room there, it leaks everywhere and the dryer just doesn't work. Oh and the location is pretty good, 5-10mins from North Station.

Chris
2010-08-08
Scotland

Decent place to stay

Sleep Well was my first hostel experience so I didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised with my accommodation. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was very nice and quite helpful. They even supply free maps. It's in a great location for the train station (Gare du Nord) and metro, as well as only a ten-minute walk to Grand Place. They have two computers/TV/lounge area, which was also pretty quiet. I didn't see many people around while I was there so if you expect a lot of socializing, this may not be the place for you. I'm twenty-eight, was traveling alone, and really just wanted a cheap alternative to a hotel so I opted for a single room. It was more spacious than I expected with a desk and shelving unit as well as a toilet and sink right in the room. That was a plus for me. On the down side, the water in the communal showers was burning hot. I could have sworn I had third degree burns on my head and down my back! I took a shower mid-day when I arrived so thankfully I was the only one in there. I switched to two other showers to see if it would help but it didn't so I went back to my room and finish washing my hair in the sink! I stayed in June -- there was no air conditioning and the windows barely cracked open. Thankfully it wasn't overly hot that day. The bed was a little hard and the pillow was quite lumpy so I had to use my little travel pillow. The lift up was quite slow and unfortunately the descending lift was broken. The locked luggage room was one flight below where the staff were and only had open cubicles. There was no way to secure or lock my belongings as to prevent someone from just walking off with them. That was probably the part I was the least pleased with. The free breakfast wasn't anything fancy (bread, butter, jam, nutella, cheese spread, and cereal) but it was definitely better than nothing. Overall, I'd have to say it wasn't a bad stay. I'd recommend Sleep Well to any single traveler not looking for a party hostel. Just beware of the burning showers!

Tennille
2008-08-08

Not great

All you need to know about a hostel is "they charge for Wi-Fi," always a major indicator of soullessness.

Jeff
2008-01-19

Stayed here in October 2006. I came in late in the day, around 6.30pm, and was lucky to get in an upgraded room for an affordable price, which was what they had left. It was a 3-bed room that had a bathroom in it, and I paid 25 euro/night. The room was great -- very clean, comfortable bed, the bathrooms were clean, and it had a TV. I shared it with 1 girl. However, I was kept up all night by very loud guys banging on doors and screaming at each other -- earplugs would not help. It went on continuously until after 3am. So I actually did not "sleep well." The common area was big and invited some socializing, there are 3 internet computers that work and are cheap to use, the front desk staff speak English and were friendly. It's conveniently located near the North train station and the de Bouchere metro stop. I definitely preferred this hostel to others, and recommend it for a Brussels stay, even though I experienced noisy fellow guests.

LL
2006-11-07

Here's why we stayed here -- the hostel around the corner was too rude to even talk to us. So we were thankful after a long wait in line at reception -- which is common, to have somewhere to stay. The hostel is not perfect but it is better than no bed. The rooms are key carded, so it is high security from the word go, in the lifts. The rooms are very bare, no expense has been added to make them lively, but that are sufficient. Linen is included, and the first nights price is 4E more to cover the sheets, and then cheaper for the following four nights. Yes they offer breakfast, and no, prima donnas and mummy's boys, it is not five courses complete with skim milk and bacon. But it cuts it, and it beats buying it. Strict rations on spreads, one strawberry jam, one rose hip jam, one nutella equivalent and a butter. There are also cornflakes, bread and cold toast, and a coffee/hot chocolate machine. They also do lunch and dinner, ask about it, for 7.5E it isn't so bad, soup, meal, dessert (like a small biscuit) and water. Cheap enough and easy. The showers are infuriating. I have lived with push button showers for 6 months, but these last ONLY when you press them in, and they shoot to the moon and everywhere in between, but hey, it's only one a day! Generally, it's good enough. Only one washer and dryer, which makes lines lengthy at times. There is a free luggage room. Internet time is purchased at 1.5E for half hour or 2.5E for an hour. I would recommend it, easy to get to, and near to anything you'd want.

Snosie
2006-06-25

Sleep Well Youth Hostel Reviews from the Web

It was a really nice hostel, they rooms where nice and you only have to share shower and toilet with the people inside the room. There are many social areas and the breakfast that is included is nice

asrdrcRXNuWjKEES
2022-08-05

The room was excruciatingly hot, so much so that I could barely sleep.

Also the security lockers where really small which didnt feel particularly safe.

But the location were rather good and I liked that the dorms rooms had their own bathroom.

JennyHtraveler
2022-08-03

A really good hostel that felt honestly like a hotel! The staff were so lovely & the facilities were top of the art! Only downfall I would say was that as it was a hotel vibe, no real interaction with other travellers!

kyarnihewett2109
2022-07-30

The hostel was super nice, the bed and the bathroom were clean. Unfortunately, the location wasn't the best because it was reachable just by feet, the closest bus stop was 10 min away. The neighborhood was very quite and I was lucky that I had only two roommates in my dormitory so I slept very well. Absolutely recommended!

Maxhu1506
2022-07-28

This place is really good for the price! The staff do speak English and are very friendly and helpful . Breakfast was included which is really nice. Everything was walking distance as well !

axZ1tKWf8K7pvzqU
2022-07-28

The place is ok, central location, decent breakfast included, modern amenities but no AC in rooms too hot and common area design means no social atmosphere. Staff service at times very poor receptionist one night was very rude I asked for a drink from the bar (1 minute job) located a step behind her and she refused telling me she was too busy even though quiet and nobody to check in. Also be careful of your possessions even in private rooms as closed to cleaning and an item disappeared???

philcooke308911
2022-07-26

Overall a decent stay, in a great location next to the centre and train station, although a very very dodgy walk to the train station at night times! Room was big and clean, staff were very helpful!

harrylings1260
2022-07-24

The location is perfect. Staff was not rude but they were not sympathetic as well. There was a girl at the reception that was not helping that much as we needed directions to the breakfast and we got lost and more people were lost as well because she was not approachable for queries. The new Night Porter was friendly.

Very nice thing you can leave your bags in a locker during your stay and, specially, breakfast is complimentary.

Concatto
2022-07-23

Lovely spacious rooms with private showers and toilet. Lovely communal space with computers and plug sockets. A nice outdoor space and on site bar. All staff were lovely and there was a good breakfast provided which was included in the price. Location was excellent- being only 10 minutes walk away from central and Nord station, as well as being close to metro station to easily get to the further parts of the city. Would highly recommend.

hannahrastrick3974
2022-07-22

Hostel is in a great location, not far from centre. It's clean, well maintained, Staff welcoming, smiling, they enjoy their job!

Some seating areas to relax, charge phone, use internet etc. A bar selling various drinks Inc. Alcohol.

Rooms clean, a bit stuffy, we had a fan in our room but my partners room didn't. Towels cost 1.00e.

Bed was okay, clean sheet and fleece, but the fleece was a bit itchy and old looking. Private toilet/shower. Breakfast ok. No toaster at breakfast made me sad. :(

heidikarin8741
2022-07-22

Very good over all. Felt safe and secure the whole time. Only weird thing was no hand soap in the rooms and no air conditioning but all things manageable. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was included which was great ! Overall would stay there again :)

miajaneorbinski
2022-07-21

The cleanliness was very subpar but the location was central.

adrianlarkspur4815
2022-07-19

Good all round. Only thing could have been better wouldve been A/C, or at least a fan in the room. But the likelihood of you being there on the hottest day of the year/decade too, is probably pretty slim.

viktoriablawson6359
2022-07-18

Amazing hostel! Would definitely reccomend! Very nice atmosphere, good breakfast, clean rooms and toilets.

brunastaretz
2022-07-15

Having breakfast included in the price is great. The place is good looking, but general room inventory for whatever reason gives out a vibe of not having been cleaned reciently. Location is perfect, but make sure to bring earplugs.

misa88k4551
2022-07-14

Such a fantastic hostel! Loved it. Super clean, great location and friendly people. Would be great to have some activities for guests

eveaustin997572
2022-07-11

I need a refund. I emailed and called continuously yesterday to inform reception Id be arriving after 10 (which is allowed if you give notice- nobody replied to my emails or calls which I left hours before check in so I was not sure if I was able to stay the night in Frankfurt, i then had to take a 7 hour train to another destination instead. Staff should work in their communication when dealing with tourists especially since we are in a unfamiliar country we need security. Id like s refund. Thanks.

aVfJJYitolYQsCEr
2022-07-11

The receptionist was so rude, she didnt help us. I arrived with another person and we ant to book a place for him too, but her actitud was rare and intolerant.

littleklauss7811
2022-07-11

Very clean and comfortable bedrooms. Breakfast was included, which was a really nice surprise. It was well located and overall a great experience!

raimundogalvez6725
2022-07-04

I had a very quiet, somewhat lonely stay up until a large group of children came to the hostel. Not sure if that was the preferred kind of liveliness.

Great facilities though. The rooms were small enough to be intimate, but you didnt feel carmped at all.

simongalster-hansen1944
2022-07-04

Located 10 minutes walk from the city center and North Station and 100m from the Rogier Metro Station and City 2 shopping center, Sleep Well is the ideal starting point to explore Brussels. All rooms are fully renovated and equipped with bathroom and toilet. Dormitories from 1 to 6 beds (lockout between 11 and 15h), or private superior room (flat screen TV + fridge, no lockout). Complimentary breakfast buffet and free wifi throughout the hotel. If you look for fun, you’ll find there a bar, a ping pong table and a foosball table. The hostel has a great interest in ecology and was rewarded for his efforts on the environment by the Green Key label and Ecodynamic label.

The hostel is located in the historical part of the city. only 5 min. from Grand Place or North station. Shopping mall, post office, supermarket, public transportation.

Address: Rue du Damier 23, City Centre, Brussels (Bruxelles/Brussel), Belgium

Elevator/Lift

Evening Entertainment

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Table Tennis

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Sleep Well Youth Hostel