Alexandrie Hostel, Montreal

Gay Village
9.1

Alexandrie Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Alexandrie Hostel

How is Alexandrie Hostel rated on booking websites?

Alexandrie Hostel Reviews

Amazing

I love this Hostel! At breakfast you get the best pancakes ever. The Staff is really nice. You can have much fun with them. It's near the city so you don't have to take the bus and it's clean. I wish I could stay longer.

Lucie
2015-08-27
Age 18 | Germany

Wonderful staff, great location, and cozy environment

I stayed there for four nights and it was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The staff is super helpful, funny, and welcome you with big smile. I always believe the happy staff brings the happy stay. This is what you get here in Alexandrie hostel. I love the open space where kitchen, dining area, and living room all in one space, which gives more interaction between travelers. Very cozy, laidback, and comfortable and the staff always put on some great music. The location is about 5-10mins walk to metro station, dallor shop, IGA, coffee chop. Couldn't be any more convenient. Overall, i enjoy ever single day of my stay there. Definitely will go back again. Highly recommend!

May
2015-03-26
Age 35 | Taiwan

Relaxed free-spirit atmosphere, perfect for wanderers

I've never stayed in a hostel before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the room was amazing and the staff were wonderful. there are plenty of "common areas", terraces and balconies for relaxing, socializing, whatever. the next time I'm in Montreal I'm definitely staying here again.

Kevin
2014-11-04
Age 41 | Canadian

Great location, nice hostel, would recommend

Awesome location, nice staff, very basic breakfast. I stayed for one night in a private room; it was very quiet, clean and affordable. I arrived early in the morning and the room wasn't ready, but I was able to leave my luggage in a secure area. I would stay there again and would definitely recommend.

Iz
2014-03-06
Canada

A Great Hostel: I'll be doing it again!

We were much older than the usual Hostel clientle, however, needs must and it was the only affordable accommodation left. We were positively surprised by how clean, spacious and generous it was. We stayed in a private bedroom effectively in a private apartment, with a shared bathroom, kitchen and lounge between 2 bedrooms. In many ways, better than a hotel because there was a washing machine and dryer (free) in the kitchen which allowed us to catch up on holiday washing. Downstairs is a shared area and it's a great place to find out great days out ideas, best places to shop and so on. If you do nothing else, at least go down for the free breakfast. If all hosteling was like this, I would never stay in a hotel again!

Stu
2012-06-20
United Kingdom

Interesting stay, definitely worth a visit,

Stayed at Alexandrie for two nights in a private room in October 2011 with my boyfriend. Unfortunately it was a good few hours before we were able to check in to our room (we arrived in Montreal at 7.30am and couldn't check in until 3.30pm) -- not ideal considering we had spent all night on a greyhound bus and all morning carrying our backpacks. The staff on reception were a little unhelpful and didn't give us a specific check in time (however this may have been lost in translation). When we eventually checked in and paid we were shown around the hostel and given a lot of information about the hostel and Montreal before being taken upstairs. Our room was a shared apartment with a private double room, shared bathroom, kitchen, living area and balcony. We were pleasantly surprised with the apartment space, especially at the price we paid. Didn't expect to find such a homey place considering the appearance of the common space (open concrete, large pillars, fairly cold appearance). The accommodation, atmosphere and quirkiness of this place however easily make it one of the best places I've stayed.

Cassie J
2011-11-05
British

Above and Beyond

We stayed in a private room at this hostel. It was contained in an apartment on its own in the same building. It was well furnished with classy decorations and a really comfortable bed. Sounded weird at first but then we loved it! The rest of the hostel was the same in the level of cleanliness and friendliness. The people at breakfast were friendly and the staff were amazing. Highly recommended and this hostel is going to be revisited by us. As far as we are concerned this is the best hostel we have ever stayed at. Good luck and don't miss this one.

Carl
2011-07-10
Canada

If you are looking for a laid-back hostel in a big city like Montreal then Alexandrie Hostel is a good place to stay. Its a fairly old building which looks a bit shabby from the outside and sleeps about fifty people.

The hostel is situated on the junction of Rue Amherst and Rue Robin in a poorer, gay area from Montreal. So if you are a guy and walk in alone at night time you may get some breathed kisses. To walk to downtown and old Montreal will take about thirty minutes. To climb Mont Royal will add additional fifteen minutes but this is worthwhile. From the top of the "Mountain" you will have a spectacular view over the city. The Berri-Uqam Metro station and the bus depot are about ten minutes away from the hostel (follow Boulevard de Maisonneuve to the east and you will hit Rue Amherst and then go north). Free parking is just around the corner but since Montreal has one of the highest crime rates in Canada, leave nothing visible in the car. Shops, bars, restaurants, and clubs are nearby and you can buy beer/wine in grocery stores on the other side of the street.

There are single, double, and quad rooms, as well as dorms (for six to eight). The dorms have lots of space and there is enough room for luggage. You will get free linen and sheets for the bed and a very good free breakfast in the morning (bread, toast, marmalade, honey, juice, fruits, coffee, tea, milk). The rooms, the kitchen, and the bathrooms are all clean and tidy but the outside looks a bit rundown and needs a general overhaul. There is a shortage of showers and you may have to wait in line in the morning. Security seems to be very good with locking doors for each room and the hostel itself.

There is a huge common area with couches, chairs, and tables, a TV, and a stereo system. You will find another huge common area in the basement where you can party without disturbing other guests at night time. The hostel has internet and free wireless with a good connection. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare your food. If you want to do your laundry you will have to wait until eight at night, which is a bit annoying.

Summary

This hostel is a good place to stay for a night or longer. The owner (who is bilingual) is very helpful and will point out the good spots in town. It looks a bit rundown but has a good atmosphere and the staff will introduce newcomers to the people hanging around. It is clean, tidy, and secure and in a good location to explore Montreal.

Stefan Franke
2009-06-10
Germany

Centrally located in downtown, economic because evreything include: breakfast, beding, internet, landry, no membeship, no hide fees.
Because walking ditance to all city's attractions, restaurant and bars you save on bus pass or taxi.

Video of Alexandrie Hostel

Here is a video of Alexandrie Hostel. The video gives you a better understanding of what you can expect.

Address: 1750 Rue Amherst, Gay Village, Montreal (Montréal), Quebec, Canada

Alexandrie Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Alexandrie Hostel Montréal (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +1 (514) 525-9420

Evening Entertainment

Swimming Pool

Videogames

Minimum Stay: 2 nights

Reception Hours: 8 AM to 23 Pm

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Alexandrie Hostel