In the heart of Doolin at the bus stop, at the foot of the Cliffs of Moher, overlooking the village and out to sea. 100m to O'Connors Pub, 15 minutes walk to Aran Island Ferries. Explore the Burren, methalithic tombs, Doolin Cave, or get active and do one of the many get outdoor activities Doolin has to offer.
- Free Breakfast,
- Free Internet & Wifi, (Printing available) + USB Charging points around hostel.
- Free Parking,
- Full Equipped Self Catering Kitchens, Dining,
- Sitting room with stove fire, books, games, tv.
- Laundry and Drying Room (outdoor wash area for activity equipment)
- Cafe on site with "Grab'n'Go" Pantry full of home baking and local produce
- On site convenience store
- Bus Eireann bus stop at door and we are the ticket / information office.
- Seperate Group facilities, meals can be provided. (we do not accept stags & hen parties)
- Members of Burren Eco Tourism with awards from Green Hospitality Awards
- Tripadvisor award of excellence 2013
- Recommend by Rick Steves
- Special rates including pick up/drop off with local activity providers for caving, rock climbing, hiking, surfing, cycling, sea kayaking, horse riding.
- Please note there is no bank or ATM in Doolin.
- Two buildings our superior rooms are in our main building and most of our standard rooms are in our annex building opposite hostel. All hostel guests have access to all facilities in both buildings.
Operated by Anthony and Deirdre Moloney who have returned home to Doolin after many years of international hospitality management. To renovated and apply their experiences to the family business of 30 years. After major renovations Nov-Mar 2012 including new dormer windows, deluxe bedrooms, coffee shop and deli we aim to provide a comfortable relaxed friendly hostel, with excellent service and strive to continuely improve adding new services and products in the months and years to come with an environmental ethos.
Doolin hostel is the idea place to stay and explore Doolin and surrounding area with indepth local knowledge at hand to guide you to all the local attractions, hiking trails, biking routes etc. And is the home of Traditional Irish Music, with music nightly (Mar-Nov) and Thurs-Sun (Dec-Feb), With the famous Micho Russell Weekend the last week in February.
Outdoor enthuasists Doolin is the ideal place for hillwalking (Burren Way, Cliffs of Moher trail), Surfing (Crab Island, Lahinch, Fanore, Aileen(Experts only)), Cycling (Bike storage available), Kayaking, Horse riding. SCUBA, Caving, Cave Diving (green holes of Doolin), Kyte Surfing, Bouldering, Rent a bike (50 meters)
For those interested in History Doolin and its surround area is steeped in it from Methalic tombs (5000 years old), Castles, Ring Forts, Church Ruins etc. Doolin Heritage Trails, Monuments, Magical wells etc.
The Burrens stark beauty and fauna is something to behold with flowers from the Alps and the Artic sitting side by side. Starting in Doolin and working its way north a quick walk to Doolin Pier and you are in the middle of this Lunar landscape, walking north you have Galway Bay, Aran Islands, and the Atlantic Ocean on your left as you stumble and hob along the sheets of Limestone.
The nearest Hostel to Cliffs of Moher (+walking trail), O Connors Pub with live Irish Music Nightly, Doolin Ferries to Aran Islands & Cliffs of Moher Cruises. Ideal location for exploring the Burren, Hiking, Biking, Caving, Surfing, Horse riding etc.