Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel, London

Bayswater
6.7

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

HostelsClub Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel rated on booking websites?

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

Well ... that happened

The beds were too small, everything was filthy, the showers were awful, and don't even get me started on the breakfast. But it was cheap. So I guess that's ok.

Caro
2017-09-17
Age 22 | Germany

Decent hostel. Not the worst.

Found the staff not very attentive or friendly. Lots of stairs (no lift) makes lugging bags to room hard. Room was hot and cramp, no room to put bags on the ground without them blocking the path. They have lockers under the bunks which you pay for (1.50? A night?) but there was no way my bag would fit in there. Overall it's a decent place to stay, good location.

Anon
2014-07-26
NZ

Good location/cheap, thats about all

I would have hoped that things would be better, alas in 2012 i had many issues. First off though the location is very good, especially for the price. If you dont mind a harsh hostel for cheap stay here. Things to be wary of, 3 bed private is not 3 bed private -- its a bunk with a double on the bottom. It was quite funny, for me who snagged the top bunk, but not so for my mates. Then there is the stairs up there. The hostel was very disorganised and it seemed to lead to constant arguing between staff and clientele which was very off putting. After 1 hour you are charged for wireless, its ok though just go to starbucks nearby. I really hope they get act together it has the potential to be a good hostel.

#
Jet
2012-12-16
australia

Smart Hyde Park Inn is located in a trendy area of London.

It is located on Inverness Terrace, about a two minute walk from Bayswater station and a four-minute walk from Queensway station (both of which are good stations to go to depending on your route. It is also located near many bus stops that run all night.

Rooms and Bedrooms

The eighteen-bed coed room is what you pay for. It is located in the basement next to the kitchen, where breakfast is served. Also, check out is at 10 a.m. so it gets very noisy at this time. Also, the cleaning staff talk noisily during the day. This is a place to sleep at night, don't expect to sleep during the day.

The washrooms seem like toilets and sinks installed into wherever there is room, like a closet or underneath the stairs. They are clean but sketchy. The showers are the same. There is little room to change and the hooks in some of the shower rooms are broken off. The doors have a key card to enter, but sometimes did not close properly. For an extra charge there is the option of a storage locker (using a key) in the bedrooms, and these are big enough to hold a backpack. The room gets hot and damp in the summer and the pillows are old and stained, and also very thin. This is a cheap hostel and you get what you pay for.

Luggage storage is provided before you check in for free, but after you check in there is a fee. The hostel has a lot of backpackers looking for cheap accommodation. Because it is a budget hostel with very cheap rooms, a lot of the people staying there are backpackers on very tight budgets, which adds colour to the place but may be a little sketchy for the more upscale hosteler. The breakfast in the morning is toast with some jams and butter, and cereal. Nothing more. It will give you something to eat but it is not worth a lot since you can't really get full on bread.

Internet is provided in the front common room, but it is on high chairs that provide no place to rest feet and there is a charge to use them. If you need to use the internet a lot it might be better to find a hostel with free internet. There is also no way to print things if you need to print tickets or boarding passes.

Summary

This is a budget hostel, and you get exactly what you pay for. It is a safe place to sleep for the night -- not a comfortable place -- and you will have to put up with loud noises in the morning during breakfast if you stay in the eighteen-bed dorm.

Chris Blake
2009-05-31
Canada

The best place i have ever been

Is the best place you can go. The best hotel, the best room, everything is cool, and the staff were very friendly. Huge sauna and swimming pool for the hot english summer. I recommend this hotel.

arthur conan doyle
2009-02-09
de somewhere

Handy but greedy!

Good things first -- it is really close to tube station, has late night food stores and all other facilities just around the corner, really practical. Rooms are ok. Bathrooms are ok, except they are not in the same floor as your room. There is a funny divisions of floors and doors, so you feel like you are in a labyrinth of twenty floors and fifty secret doors, and that can be a pain. if you wanna go pee late at night, when it's cold! But then again, if it is summer, you won't be cold. On the contrary, you will be roasting inside! Seriously, it is the most unpleasant sensation ever. The worst thing, as mentioned before, is the fact that for everything little tiny thing you have to pay or leave a deposit. It is not about the money, but it's extremely annoying having to take your wallet along just to use a pan in the kitchen or getting an socket adapter, a key, or anything you can imagine. Staff is very often in a very cranky mood too. I also hated that the only common area had this huge TV, so no one would really talk and interact with each other, just stare at the screen almost drooling. Not laid back and conversation inviting at all.

Tereza
2008-03-10
Brasil

I stayed in this hostel for two nights in March 2007. I booked a double room with shared facilities, as there was no room with private facilities available online. But when I arrived I got a triple room with facilities. The room, toilet, shower were all clean. I haven't had breakfast there because I preferred to get coffee at Starbucks and drink it in the park. I'd definitely stay there again, as very it's conveniently located.

Wendy
2007-04-17
Netherlands

I had never had such a negative experience in a hostel. The position is ok, near the tube station and easy to reach, it is quite cheap and you can also leave your luggage after the check out and they keep it safe (you have to pay for that though, which doesn't happen often). It is also quite clean. But there was only one tiny bathroom with tiny sink for twelve people! And with other people coming from other floors to the same bathroom as well. I had booked for two nights but when I went back to the hostel the second night, I found out that somebody else was sleeping in my bed, because the staff had given that away without checking if it was actually already taken! So I had to wake people up in the room and after an hour one of them was offered by the staff to have a bed somewhere else, and so I finally had another bed (I had to prepare it again though). If you want to lock your things you have to pay for the key (1.50 a night)! I had to pay everything when I booked and I didn't even had an email confirming the booking, only the booking code. To sum up, I can promise you that I am not that demanding, but I would never go to that hostel or recommend it to somebody else!

Luisa
2006-06-06

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews from the Web

facilities are really old, they need improve their celanning, location si perfect.

jjaguilar_24683
2022-07-31

Facilities were fine. The bathroom was slightly old and dirty and the bed was very clean. My biggest issue was the overall vibe of this hostel. This is not a backpackers hostel in any way. Absolutely no social events. I switched to a different hostel after two nights which has been much better.

aberubin23506067
2022-07-30

Showers were scalding hot - no way to take a cold shower. (This was the worst part overall). Lots of showers had broken faucets. Our room was so hot and had no proper ventilation - there were fans but they couldnt reach the window to bring in cool air. Otherwise a decent location - right next to bayswater station and the beautiful Hyde park. Not a social hostel.

madulwin
2022-07-28

Staff was nice when asked a question. We stayed in a 9 bed female dorm. The beds had little curtains for extra privacy which was very nice. The room got really hot though and you couldnt open the window except for a small crack. The private bathroom was very disappointing since it was about 2 square meters big and every time someone took a shower the whole toilet was wet and the whole bathroom flooded. There are shared showers and toilets on the corridor though. Location is really nice with a Underground station 4 minute walk away.

alexandraschuster016134
2022-07-19

The location is fantastic and the staff are very friendly.

When we had problems with our trip due to train cancellations, they helped us find a solution.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Thanks for making our trip to London such a success !!

alisonwisdom189
2022-07-16

Great place to stay right near Hyde Park and Kensington Castle. The staff (Claudia) was friendly and helpful. Shared ensuite dorms have 3 levels of bunks. There's a pull out for bag storage on the bottom. There's a front storage for bags for people who check out, but still want to see the city. Close to a few resturants and a grocery store. The area seems very safe (not dodgy) and it's in a pretty area with many colonial apartments on the street. Some of the rooms have a terrace, which is nice.

texasboy_214813
2022-07-13

It was okay,great location, value for money was okay. One night we had 15C in the room the next day 30C. I would be happy if they would warn us, workers will work in out room while we were there and on the floor was a giant trashbag with some clothes around, as I left my stuff for 15 minutes on a bench beside those stuff when i came back all was gone, also my clothes. But i would still recommend it since it was cheap.

trampuseva234680
2022-07-12

Pros: curtains, locker, and individual plugs in each bed. Portable air-conditioning in the room was enough, I had heard some rooms didn't have one though. Reliable wi-fi

Contras: small beds, poor breakfast (virtually no vegan options), presence of large groups of young noisy teenagers (I guess it's a hostel, what else did I expect)

vitorschietti1950
2022-07-12

Very good value. Excellent location. Room (a private) nautically compact but fine. Only cavil -- overstuffed fridges in kitchen.

2022-07-11

El hostel esta muy bueno en relacin calidad precio y ubicacin.

kattiacarpio
2022-07-09

Rooms were really small and it was really hot. Some lockers were hard to get to. The check out was quite early and showers were cramped as well. It was too expensive for what it was worth (but we did book last minute so that may explain the price).

RoxanneGiasson
2022-07-01

Basic but excellent value, we booked a form for a group of friends and I was not disappointed! Beds were really comfy and the place felt safe, I would decimation use again.

fun_pillows9625
2022-06-24

No frills

Very basic breakfast

Nothing special

Suited my needs

Location for parks and transport excellent

Gabethebabe
2022-06-23

There was a really bad feet smell in my dorm that soaked into all my clothes that I brought there. Rooms and bathrooms are not very well ventilated.

There are privacy curtains, power outlets for each bed, and storage lockers (bring your own lock). There's a nice outdoor space, a kitchen area, and indoor dining. Breakfast smelled delicious but I couldn't eat it (if you're gluten intolerant, don't buy it. Go to the grocery stores down the street.) Location is excellent. People kept to themselves.

robynadodd2034
2022-06-16

The bathrooms and showers were in very poor condition and smelled very bad. The mattresses also appeared to not have been cleaned.

ayzWfSYowI7GI8QM
2022-06-16

Its a cheap place to sleep in a brilliant location, but dont expect it to be a hotel. All hostels are great places to meet really interesting people, this is no different. The desk staff were great, but the cleaning/kitchen staff have to be amongst the most surly, sour faced crew Ive ever seen in a hospitality environment. Its a bit grubby, but its ok. Id still go again for the location and price, but as I said, dont expect a hotel.

david9759
2022-05-31

Great location close to Hyde Park, but subpar overall. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and left me sore for days and the room was very hot. The bathroom was tiny and you could barely move in the shower. Kitchen was nice but not very clean. Id only recommend for the location

maiyalk5881
2022-05-20

My one night stay went very well. I would recommend a stay here. Important to note the age restriction for dorm rooms if looking to book a bed in one of those rooms. Notices forbade and discouraged the drinking of alcohol and in the shared rooms and common room areas after 11pm . This was reassuring. The place was quiet at bed time. The shower water was hot. The help yourself breakfast was ready from 7.30am . Security was effective. It seemed a safe place to stay .

davidstephenwilson3683
2022-05-18

Th location of this hostel is honestly so good! So close to two train stations and walking distance to Hyde park and Kensington gardens. The hostel felt super secure but the bathrooms were a little grotty but overall I really enjoy my stay!

tabithaa
2022-05-12

The Staff are rude .

falcao_viseu9948
2022-05-12

Smart Hyde Park Inn has also been voted the best located hostel in London so come and stay with us and your journey to London will start with an experience that you won't forget - for all the right reasons of course. The hostel is located in London's buzzing Bayswater and is set in a stunning grade I listed building. Hyde Park Inn is a clean, safe and secure place to stay with 24 hour access to the hostel facilities and your room.

At the Hyde Park Inn we have anything from single rooms right up to 12 bed dorms. All the rooms have washing facilities en-suite. There are many bath and shower rooms on all levels of the building with unlimited piping hot water. Could you ask for more???

Yes....Hyde Park Inn's staff are highly trained, so they know what you are looking for and they are there to assist you during your stay. They will be delighted to assist you with arranging any activities of your choice, as well as club, sports, theatre tickets and sight-seeing tours. Let Hyde Park Inn ensure you never forget your stay in London.

Chill out in our games and pool room which you have access to these facilities are available 24 hours a day. Watch all your favourite TV programmes as well as Sky Sports and a selection of movies every night in our TV room.

Just outside the door of Hyde Park Inn lies all the fun and happening places that London has to offer. London is an all year round tourist centre, with a few of its attractions closing or significantly reducing their opening hours in winter.

* FREE breakfast for everyone
* FREE bed linen for everyone
* 24hour internet access (on Payment)
* No Lockout/No Curfew
* FREE Kitchen Facilities
* Luggage Storage
* FREE Tourist Information
* Telephone/Fax Facilities
* 24 hour laundry
* 24 hour snacks and drinks available
* Fantastic, friendly staff on hand 24 hours a day

• From Bayswater Station Underground/Tube (Circle/District Line) Cross the road and walk down Inverness Place, there in front of you at the junction is Hyde Park Inn. 1 minute Walk from Bayswater Station.
• You can also come from Queensway Underground/Tube Station (Central Line) From Queensway Station turn left and walk down Bayswater Road, cross the road and take the first right into Inverness Place. At the end of the road is Hyde Park Inn. 2 minute walk from Queensway Station.

Address: 48-50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, Greater London, England

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel London (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +44 207 229 0000

ATM

Currency Exchange

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel