Astor Kensington Hostel, London

Bayswater
8.1

Astor Kensington Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

How is Astor Kensington Hostel rated on booking websites?

Astor Kensington Hostel Reviews

Great stay!

We didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel, because we wanted to see and do so many things in London. However I can say that I enjoyed my stay in the Astor Queensway so much better than another hostel where I spend my trip to London 3 years ago. What I really appreciated were the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom, the good working showers and toilets and the very friendly staff. The only thing I maybe missed was a bar in the hostel. But I would definitely come back, because for London standards this hostel has a very good price/quality ratio!

Maike
2014-11-12
Age 27 | Belgium

Good experience

Very welcoming staff and clean rooms. The bathrooms were somewhat dirty, but that can't really be helped in an 8 person room. The street below was very noisy on weekday mornings -- just something to be aware of. Liked the location and the experience overall.

Lindsey
2014-09-15

Good

I really like this hostel. Near bayswater and queensway (two underground ), near tube have many market and food. Service is good, clear room.

Pishuang
2014-06-07
Age 35 | Taiwan

Dirty and noisy hostel

If you arrived in London in evening and left on early morning and it's better sleeping in the airport. Very dirty and stingy toilet and shower and you do not wish take shower.

patkam
2010-05-12
hong kong

Good

I really like this hostel. the location is amazing, staff is very friendly, breakfast was very good. Maybe they should work on a tidiness a little bit more but my whole impression of this hostel in quite good. I would recommend everyone!

Ajda
2007-10-03
slovenia

Good

Reasonably clean, with heaps of atmosphere and in a great neighbourhood! Lots of great places to eat and not too far from the station. Reasonably priced for London too and staff were really friendly. In retrospect we wish we'd stayed here for our entire stay.

Juanita
2007-09-14
Australian

It was ok, I guess

Planned to stay here for three nights but ended up only staying one. I had just come from a week working in Dublin with my own hotel room and had gotten sick, so that could be part of the reason I wasn't so happy. I arrived at 12:30 a.m. and immediately fell asleep -- or tried to. The room was incredibly hot, even with the window as open as it could be. Staff was friendly, en-suite bathroom ok (horrible shower though). After the one night I left and used some hotel points to stay at the Hilton, which I wanted to save for a special occasion, but I wasn't in the hostel mood on this trip I guess. For London it's a good price -- my bed in a six-bed en-suite room was about US$32 per night or so, but the room is so incredibly cramped that I just don't see myself staying here again.

Zach
2007-06-24
Namibia

It was nice overall. the carpeting and flooring seemed a bit shabby and has some tripping potential. The staff was great and the beds were comfy. The place was clean and the kitchen is nice and spacious. The subway line advertised as closest is closed and it was about a 20-30 minute walk to get there. There is another station closer on another line, other than the one advertised. Overall a decent place to stay.

Leanne
2007-05-10
Canada

Astor Kensington Hostel Reviews from the Web

Lots of fun and met great people!

ewelker112310
2022-07-28

Solid hostel, great value for money

zacsnicholson4954
2022-07-27

My stay at the hostel was great. It has a great location, just outside a gate to the Kensington Gardens. The staff is super friendly. Room for 8 was a little smaller than I expected, but with nice bathroom (toilet & shower). It's a good value for the money.

I'd say it's great for solo travelers, because there is something going on every day (like yoga at Hyde Park, afternoon tea, beer pong, etc.), you can also join everyone for a dinner every day.

veronikasebestova15121379
2022-07-27

This hostel has the best vibes, staff, etc. it is 2 blocks from the metro. There are fun activities and free dinners planned regularly. Staff is awesome. Facilities are awesome and its totally secure 10/10

aNyTdtau6ZwzbW2q
2022-07-22

Great place to stay for a couple of days. All of my stuff was safe and sound which was a lot less worrying when I was out and about. Its a bit far from everything but just a short walk to the nearest tube station and easy to get around using public transport. Everyone was super nice. The only real flaw is that the bathrooms were somewhat dirty but it is a hostel so what can you expect.

aLx5k4KX69xm6kA9
2022-07-21

Staff are super friendly, and host some really fun activities which are great to make new friends while chilling at the hostel. Theyll take good care of you, and its a great location in London.

almac5sb00Q0enbH
2022-07-15

Honestly the staff is super friendly, unfortunately the rooms are pretty bad. I stayed there in July, and it was like a sauna. The 6 bed dorms are way too small for 6 people with luggage and other stuff, we had to be jumping across our things.

La_ley11723
2022-07-12

Overall this was a nice, simple hostel. It is hot in the rooms during the summer but the staff did provide fans to cool the room down a little bit. There is one thing that I am not happy with though, and that is the fact that I booked an all female room because that felt safer to me, but upon arrival, there was a man sleeping in the room anyway. I think this might have been a mistake, but I think it's important to pay attention to this. It made the experience a bit uncomfortable.

kayliefitters1445
2022-07-12

Great location and friendly staff. Not much of a social vibe at hostel and bathroom in mixed dorm was very basic and the sink kept clogging. Very basic stay, good for just w night or two if youre passing by

lilyvonmoger5887
2022-07-06

The rooms were big and clean. Kitchen was clean and the breakfast was okay. It was quiet at night so we could easily go to sleep. Staff was really friendly and always wanting to help us when needed. It was in a quiet neighbourhood close to Hyde Park.

In the hostel, there were lots of stairs and we had to pay to store our luggage for the day of our departure. I would recommend this hostel.

RoxanneGiasson
2022-07-02

The staff was very friendly. The hostel is so charming and very close to a few different metro and bus stops, so getting around to city was easy. The area around the hostel is safe and quiet. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm and was still very comfortable. There was no AC in the room and the fan they provided didnt work, but thankfully it wasnt hot outside during my stay and opening the window made it very comfortable to sleep. The shower area was a little cramped, but not terrible to get ready in. Would d

a36gkwH8p4UrQmH0
2022-06-29

Wonderful staff. Awesome to be able to have my bags locked up. Comfortable bunks. Very roomy storage under the bed. Soo great to have a bathroom attached to the sleeping room!! Staff was great when I informed them the bathroom light didn't work.

Would highly reccomend this Hostel, and would Definately stay here again!!

Gmichlaugh3665
2022-06-29

Very nice room and very clean

melanieloew97914
2022-06-27

Im not even done with my stay and I wanted to write this. This has been the worst hostel experience Ive had backpacking. I got to the hostel late at night and was placed on the top bunk. (3 high.. and beds were extremely rocky) The outlets at my bed didnt work. Therefore had to plug in my phone overnight on the ground by the door. When I got to the room it had looked like men had been living in this room for months.. it was a pig sty. Also people staying here were above the age limit of 40.

Shigh198538
2022-06-27

Excellent, affordable accommodation in a great location. Very friendly and helpful staff.

peelings708893
2022-06-25

Awesome location, yet window in the room was wide open the entire night. Didnt sure how to close it so it left me anxious of getting someone breaking into the room. But for the price and location, this is just a super minor flaw

anisafw7154
2022-06-24

Overall a good hostel, like most hostels there were no elevators and the staircase was a little narrow, so be careful if you have a lot of bags. The facilities were good, however, the room did feel quite stuffy at times. The location isnt bad, but I would definitely look in to what you want to do in London and see if this hostel is close to those attractions.

prunella3226949
2022-06-19

Great spot for a quick night's stay. They have luggage storage in case you need a place to store your bags in the case of arriving before the check-in time or staying after the check-out time. This location is easily accessible by the Underground. Arrive with some cash for the deposit and luggage storage. 20 pounds should be more than enough. If you stay here, definitely make the most out of the location as it is right near some great parks!

hogenauer6448
2022-06-17

Fantastic stay here, made many friends in my dorm. Staff were so nice and helpful. Great location, so close to everything. Not a party hostel so good for a decent night sleep

alyssahiroi987678
2022-06-17

overall really good!

a7gdPaZUiEFZwWSr
2022-06-14

Located a short walk from Notting Hill, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace (home of William, Kate and the Royal Babies!) it is easy to see why so many people fall in love with this neighbourhood. With three Underground Lines and countless 24hr buses, Astor Queensway is the perfect hub from which to explore London. A short walk around the neighbourhood will take you through the world famous Portobello Market, Kensington Gardens and London’s most expensive street! Hop on the tube or bus and within 10 minutes you’ll be in the heart of Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square!

Please note: VALID government issued ID required to stay with us, and ALL guests must be between 18-40 YEARS.

The moment you walk through our doors you become part of our family and we want you to have an incredible experience! We want every detail – from our super clean bathrooms and comfortable pillows to our unforgettable social events - to be perfect, giving you a London adventure that is 10 out of 10!

At our amazing hostel you will have full access to:

• Free Fast Wi-Fi throughout the building as well as Free PC Access.
• 24-hour reception for anything you may need (including late check-in/early check-out)
• CCTV Security monitoring
• Free security lockers for your valuables (laptops, cameras, phones, etc)
• Free luggage storage available before check-in and after checkout (same day)
• Laundry facilities available from 8am – 8pm. Hairdryers and ironing facilities free to use
• All you can eat Breakfast for only £1.00 (All proceeds go to charity)
• Wonderful fully equipped kitchens (large fridges available for food and drinks storage)
• Dining room and common area to enjoy a meal or meet fellow travellers
• Beautiful lounge area with comfy sofas and enormous projector screen for movies and sports!

Helpful Extras – (Hidden costs are a pain! If we can give it to you for free we will, if we cannot we will do it as cheap possible!):

• Free City Maps
• Tourist Information, walking tours and advice on local attractions and transport (24hrs)
• Daily events organized for our guests
• Hire padlocks and adaptors free of charge with a £5 deposit (you receive your money back upon return)
• Discounts at local restaurants and coffee shops
• Towel Hire for only £1
• Free printing facilities (boarding passes, tickets etc…)
• Clean, crisp linen on your bed ready to sleep on!

Winner of No.1 Small Hostel Group Worldwide, and a Lifetime Achievement Award for excellence in the Hostel Industry. We thrive on ensuring every guest leaves satisfied and if you have any problems along the way we are always there ready to help! For this and many other reasons staying at Astor Hostels is the top choice for anyone exploring London on a budget!

Please note: that we only accept bookings of up to 12 guests per reservation and we reserve the right to refuse any reservation that exceeds this restriction. Should you be interested in making a group booking of 12+ guests please contact our group bookings department (groupbookings@astorhostels.com) or directly via our website and we will be happy to help you with your inquiries.

• From Heathrow Airport by Underground (Tube/Metro):
• Take the Piccadilly Line (dark blue) to Earls Court Station and then change to the northbound District Line (dark green) via Edgware Road to Bayswater Station. From Bayswater Station, turn right and walk to the top of Queensway, then turn left and the second left after Queensway is Queensborough Terrace.
• From Heathrow Airport by A2 Airbus:
• Take the A2 Airbus from Heathrow and get off at Queensway in Bayswater. Walk east along Bayswater Road; Queensborough Terrace is the second street on the left after Queensway.
• From Gatwick Airport:
• Take the Gatwick Express train to Victoria Station. Change to the Underground system westbound Circle Line (yellow) to Bayswater Station. From Bayswater Station turn right and walk to the top of Queensway, then turn left and the second left after Queensway is Queensborough Terrace.
• From Waterloo Station:
• Take the westbound Jubilee Line (silver) to Bond Street and change to the westbound Central Line (red) and continue to Queensway Station. From Queensway walk east along Bayswater Road and the second street on the left is Queensborough Terrace.
• From Victoria Station:
• Take the westbound Circle Line (yellow) to Bayswater Station. From the station turn right and walk to the top of Queensway, then turn left and the second left after Queensway is Queensborough Terrace.

Address: 45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, Greater London, England

Towels (£1)

Walking Tours

Max. Age: 40

Maximum Stay: 14 nights

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Astor Kensington Hostel