St. Christopher's Greenwich, London

Greenwich
6.9

St. Christopher's Greenwich is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is St. Christopher's Greenwich rated on booking websites?

St. Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

Great value, ok location, ok facilities, good atmosphere

I found the internal layout rather confusing (so many doors and staircases with 90 degree turns, felt a bit like a maze game!). But that may just be me. Friendly pub environment downstairs.

Chris
2014-05-03

Good value for such small amount of your money!

Cheap, clean and safe place to stay. perfect location if you're planning to see some event in the nearby O2 arena. rich breakfast. safety lockers under the beds. hot showers, very clean toilets with always enough of toilet paper. above average WiFi. friendly staff. free maps of Greenwich and London. hip-hop parties every Friday. 24/7 light above the room doors. worn out windows and wooden floor (parquet) so quite challenging to achieve the sleep mode. cold rooms in the winter and noisy moving. Been there twice for 4 or 5 days, I shall return.

Jan
2014-01-18
Age 26 | Slovenia (Europe)

Noise downstairs but stop at 2am and room is very clean

I feel very good and breakfast is really nice, I arrived late at 1 am, feeling luck be able to check in because they are busy with a bar, I don't mind sleep late on that day, so it's good for me.

Shanshan
2013-01-08

I have stayed here twice. It's quite good. My only complaint after my latest visit was that a lot of the furniture was broken, i.e. the couch in TV room and the toilet seats. There is also nowhere to sit in the dorms because the top bunks are too low to allow you to sit on the bottom bunks. I love the location (and the price) of this hostel. It has a good atmosphere and friendly staff. I would recommend this place, but it could do with a little TLC [tender loving care]. And some kind of kitchen facilities (a kettle and microwave at least) would be good.

T. and B.
2005-01-28

This is an okay hostel, although they need to make it very clear on the website that check-in is only AFTER 2 p.m. I didn't see this point made very clearly on this website or other ones. The hostel is average, a bit loud at night as it's above a bar, but take earplugs and you'll be fine. It was basic but clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is not that far out of central London. I would go back!

2004-10-21

I stayed here last weekend. And it's easy to get to even though it's a little way out of central London and is literally just outside the train station. What the website doesn't tell you is that check-in isn't until after 2 p.m. But luckily someone helpful was there to take my luggage until I returned later that night. It's average but value for the money. Please note it's above a pub/bar so take your earplugs if you want to get any sleep! I would use this place again.

2004-09-28

This hostel was amazing compared to most of the other ones that I stayed at. This truly is a youth hostel, not like many of the hostels where you share rooms with 40-year-old men who live there full time. It was very clean, the staff were friendly, and it was cheap. My only complaint was that it was rather far from central London, and I was forced to take the tube. I would definitely stay here again.

2004-08-17

Clean, safe, and priced well. It's a bit out of the way, though.

2004-07-10

St. Christopher's Greenwich Reviews from the Web

Era pulito e confortevole, il personale era eccezionale e disponibile. Il bar al piano di sotto offre sconti sia per le bevande che per il cibo. fantastico con molti schermi e sport dal vivo. le docce erano pulite e con una buona pressione.

auGXP56X14ZkPWCG
2022-08-03

Really good hostel, with a great bar downstairs. Discounts on food and drinks. There was an event going on the atmosphere was great with a dj and complimentary drinks. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little bit small and toilets need an improvement. Beds are comfy and clear. Showers were clean and good pressure.

aQK4uzdg0eUZP97U
2022-07-31

Simply one of the worst hostels I've had to stay at. The staff where extremely rude, the room was ridiculously hot with the smallest window known to man. Was like sleeping in a sauna. The toilets where a mess and broken. I ordered a simple chicken burger on my first night, 1 hour later I had to go and chase it up. When it finally got made it was pretty much thrown onto my table, with no apology at all. Never going back to this hostel or any of their others due to this experience.

tom_burns1
2022-07-29

The hostel world booking was never received. I had to sleep outside for the night.

I want a refund

- toilets

- rooms are too small

aZjQFqIfLAA9lqg1
2022-07-26

Staff is friendly, breakfast is good for value, location is perfect right next to the train station. Everything was good but really need a maintenance for the TOILETS as they are always blocked.

asopM2a7tmHzlNqB
2022-07-25

I stayed here last month it was horrible no staff no breakfast no toilet paper , its hard to believe that how this place changed in a month. Special thank you to the manager and the morning staff even though they seemed new staff they were trying to make the extra effort and the manager by their site whenever needed.

Cleanliness has improved, breakfast is back. Only problem is the heat and the ventilation in the room and sometimes you have local people especially in 12 bed-dorms as the prices are super c

gultenerdemli8496
2022-07-23

Good vibe and pretty okay rooms. The toilets and showers are a mess. A guy offered me weed.

a8yD9s38zAVJhSfZ
2022-07-04

Arrived at 8am and asked could we leave our bags in, we were told no were not allowed. Came back after dragging around bags all day to see that he let other travellers leave their bags behind the bar. Already dissapointed we then asked could we rent towls for the shower (says on the website you can rent towels) and we were told that they dont have towels and to go buy one. Half the shower doors dont lock cause their broken and half the toilets were clogged + no toilet paper both mornings.

aJsrO72gB7d0ZLSU
2022-07-02

bathrooms were kind of dirty but it wasn't horrible. its a good place to stay for a night

a7mdnfiid3f2Nbf3
2022-06-29

I think this is the worst hostel I've stayed at in London. I'm happy that the bed at least was clean, because if not I would have found another place.

The place just seems more dirty than my avarage hostel experience in London. The toilets were always out of order and there was barely any toilet paper. The showers were more gross than my avarage experience.

The hangout area was in the basement and did not invite to stay at all, so it was the least social hostel experience I've had.

Marija9538743
2022-06-26

Friendly staff in a good hostel, located in a great part of London. The complimentary breakfast did offset the higher-than-expected cost. Would still recommend it.

stuart73
2022-06-24

Just don't stay here. When I first arrived there was already confusion with rooms and beds, it was getting late and I just needed clean bedding which I had asked for twice, finally got it but no pillow case. Nothing was clean toilet didn't have a toilet seat and there's black mold in the showers. Small rooms with one tiny window on the roof. Very loud because of the bar downstairs not even earplugs will help the pounding.

keeshaeliason687
2022-06-24

The staff here are very untrained and not extremely helpful. There were multiple mess ups with both my bookings and the bookings of other guests I spoke to. The restrooms were often pretty dirty and should be kept up with more. There is absolutely no social atmosphere at this hostel. Having stayed at multiple St. Christophers properties in the past, I expected better.

jaiden766734
2022-06-20

siamo arrivati troppo tardi e, senza dirci nulla od avvisarci in un qualsiasi modo, alle ore 2 di venerd notte ci hanno lasciato senza camera perch l'avevano prenotata per altre persone.

per sembrava un bell'ostello.

a2ThH59V4i3sRH3t
2022-06-17

We had a great stay! The only issue was that the rooms were SO hot.

aprildineen6507
2022-06-16

This hostel was lacking personnel and competent people. When I arrived no one could check me in. No one even risponded to my message saying I would have arrived the day after because of the delayed and canceled flights. So, as soon as I got there after not wasting my time for someone who could tell me something, I returned in the afternoon and was told to come back at 5, because they needed managers to EXPLAIN how to check people in. Got back there at 11 pm once again and was told it was full.

Gianluckaec6936
2022-06-09

The young guy working at breakfast on 6 June was arrogant and there things missing in the buffet for a long time but he had to finish his breakfast first before he went to get them... Asked 3 times for a mug before I got it. Also there was no water in the water tank for ages he just didn't care and people were getting annoyed.

leviathan1606
2022-06-06

Bruno at the check in desk is the man but the breakfast was an hour late and didnt have a great selection at all. Showers were great but the toilets werent well maintained.

martinlohmann6972
2022-06-04

Lovely area. Room had no window & was very warm.

piperjonesevans9690
2022-06-02

If you are planning to visit London but do not want to contend with all the hustle and
bustle, Greenwich is a haven only a short train ride from the city centre. Historic Greenwich has a wealth of hidden treasures. There is so much to see – make it a day trip on its own and see the Cutty Sark, the Maritime Museum and the Naval College not to mention the exciting and colourful market.
The accommodation is above – but separate to – a traditional pub that offers great food and excellent coffee. Beds are available in 2, 6 and 8 person bedrooms.
This St. Christopher's has 50 beds, a Coffee Shop and it's own theatre, which produces cutting edge Fringe Theatre productions. The pub has a late licence at weekends and the usual laundry facilities. The site is located next to Greenwich mainline station. There are many historical features in Greenwich with plenty of curiosity shops and a thriving market.
As a value for money proposition – as well as offering a great opportunity to explore Greenwich - for families, groups or individuals you really can't beat it.

• FROM HEATHROW Underground to Canon Street or London Bridge and then over ground train to Greenwich. The hostel is next to the station on the left.
• FROM WATERLOO Jubilee line to London Bridge. Over ground train to Greenwich
• FROM VICTORIA (inc coach station) catch the circle and district line to Cannon street and the over ground train to Greenwich.
• FROM STANSTEAD train to London Liverpool street, central line to Cannon street and then over ground train to Greenwich.
• FROM GATWICK Thames link train into London Bridge and then connecting over ground train to Greenwich.
• BY TUBE Get to Bank Station on the Jubilee, Central or Northern line switch to the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) and take a train to Greenwich this stops directly outside St. Christopher's.

Address: 189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, Greater London, England

St. Christopher's Greenwich is listed on the following booking sites:

St. Christopher's Greenwich is part of the hostel chain St Christopher's Inns Backpackers Hostels

Find all St Christopher's Inns Backpackers Hostels here

Website St. Christopher's Greenwich London (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +44 208 858 3591 +44 207 407 1856

Evening Entertainment

Karaoke

Live Music/Performance

Nightclub

Walking Tours

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate St. Christopher's Greenwich