Hostel Warmoes, Amsterdam

Red Light District
6.7

Hostel Warmoes is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Hostel Warmoes

How is Hostel Warmoes rated on booking websites?

Hostel Warmoes Reviews

Awful and awful

The only good thing about this place is the location. That is the only reason for one star. Otherwise, it would get a zero.

2017-09-27
Age 36 | Srbija

Terrible place

Not clean at all, saw mice in my room for 2 days. Way too expensive.

Jonathan Vazquez
2014-08-09
Age 20 | American

Horrible, dirty, disgusting, not worth a pence of your money

STAY AWAY!!!! This was by far the most disgusting accommodation I've ever been to. I cannot describe it better than people before me already did. There's mould on the wall, the sheets and blankets aren't clean at all. There's urine on the toilet after the staff cleaned it!!! Don't use the "bathroom" without shoes or if it is not avoidable!!The shower curtain is so dirty and covered in mould that you aren't able to pull it !! But hey if it' was not enough that there was mould and dirt and strange insects on the wall the most terrible fact was that two of our group got bedbugs after sleeping one night in there. Wonderful nice itching red insect bites all over the body that will keep you scratching all day and night!!! Oh and don't forget you'll bring them with you when you come home. There's a lot of work to do after your super relaxing holidays at this hostel by cleaning and washing every singel thing you had with you, and still hoping that these nice funny animals wont breed at your home than! But does thios interest the staff or at least the owner of this hostel? No not at all! They are going to yell at you and tell you you got it from Mc donalds if you dare to complain! Serious don't go there!!!!! They wont have cleaned the rooms after we told them there were bugs! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eva
2012-08-05
Germany

Unreasonable chargement for my cancellation

When I came to Amsterdam central station, I made the ticket reservation first. Unfortunately, there is no seat reservation for my Eurailpass for the day I planed to leave. So I had to change my schedule and left AMS one day earlier. Then I went to the hostel and talked with the staff there. I wanna cancel the reservation for the third night, but the staff told me it was not allowed unless I did that 72hr before or I called them before I arrived at AMS. I still need to pay the bed even I was not there. However, the confirmation letter from Hostel Croydon for my reservation showed that it was allowed to make cancellation 48hr before. But in fact, here even 60hr was "unreasonable" and I still need to pay their "opportunity cost".

Calvin
2012-07-03
Canada

Hell on Earth (The Hostel Edition)

1 star is too kind as this place deserves a rating in the negatives. This is, without question, the worst hostel experience I have ever had while on holiday in Europe. I wish to God I would have found reviews of this place before deciding to stay in this toilet. For starters, the staff was rude, dodgy, and far too interested in the injection of hard drugs to be bothered by the needs of guests. We stayed in room #8 after climbing a staircase designed for Olympic athletes that creaked like it was about to collapse at any second. The rooms themselves were utterly disgusting. dark carpet riddled with assorted stains, a bathroom that was flooded with piss, beds that were failing apart, wool sheets that had taken on a "crusty" texture, and a rank smell that makes me upset to my stomach to even think about. The showers made this odd (and loud) ping and "gurgle" sound that never seemed to stop and served as a warning to all those who would dare use it. I had been on the road three days and after I turned the handle on the shower a dark an semi-liquid substance began to slowly ooze out. I am not sure what that was but it sure as hell was not water. Even more comical (although it was not at the time) was the assorted graffiti warning people to get out now. Trust me and heed the advice, get your arse out of here before its too late. Unless you are looking to ruin your holiday DO NOT STAY HERE.

2011-03-03
Australia

HIDEOUS

This is the most unbelievably horrible dump you can imagine. Filthy floors, walls, bathroom. Ridiculous, dangerous stairs. Would have been easier to climb a rope to our room. We mistakenly reserved an 8-bed room instead of a 4-bed room. They made us pay for all 8 beds. Woke up with 4 roommates each night, but we were only refunded 40 euros. Rude, unhelpful staff.

Nan
2010-09-06

It was like faulty towers without the comedy

this place is the most awful place i have ever stayed in. there was graffiti on the wall out of the two rooms we looked at. this one was the best -- the other had no window. there was a hole were the window was. though the TV was not working. it smells to high heaven or hell. even the doors didnt lock or unlock properly. the door handle was almost falling out. the stairs are so steep i actually thought it was built by Paula Radcliffe. and you would probably die from whiplash if there was a fire. we were in room #9. #8 had no window and the carpet was so disgusting i thought about buying asbestos socks just to walk around.

Andrew Booton
2008-08-13
British/England

Can it be as bad as all the reviews say? Yes it can. After a weekend stay there I can tick a box next to every bad thing that has been written. Two bits of graffiti stand out. Room 1: "Your silly for trying to sleep in here." Room 5: "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." Enjoy your stay. (It's an experience.)

Rolo
2006-10-31

Hostel Warmoes Reviews from the Web

A very very small hostel where you can barely fit 2 people in the lobby let alone in the rooms that are so small and crowded with 8 people. You can barely be 2 people on the floor in the room, you just have to climb up on the bed if you need to let someone pass by to go out or go to the bathroom. No curtains for privacy and really terrible lockers. The rooms are extremely warm with only 1 small fan on the floor that has 8 people fighting for it. Only great thing about this place is the location

msh-996202
2022-07-30

Natalia is the best, she deserves a raise for her treat and cordiality to make our stay as good as it was! Always available with a smile

crisciclon226126
2022-07-28

Just a bed, amazing location. Staff doesnt know how to be quiet in the morning while changing beds though, small complaint on what was a pretty good stay.

joshhaegert
2022-07-26

This hostel is in the perfect location!! You can walk to all of the main attractions and you feel right in the centre of the city. I saw some bad reviews about the receptionists but we had a very much positive experience with everyone. The only negatives I have is that often the cleaners did not knock before coming in (we were sometimes changing!) and that the rooms could be a tiny bit cleaner. But overall I would recommend due to the fab location!!

lolacb
2022-07-26

Unbeatable location. Minimal hostel (only rooms and bathrooms, no common area), worth it if you just need a place to sleep & shower. Great value considering the location. Will hold your luggage for free on day of departure!

kennysexton48390
2022-07-19

Clean and good location

Jameseoverton3504
2022-07-14

A place to sleep. Nothing special by any means. Could be A LOT more clean and safe but it does the job for 1 day.

Liam757
2022-07-13

Good place to stay if you wanna stay in the centre. The location is perfect.

The room were pretty small for 8 people and the hostel did not have any common areas for interaction.

But if you want a cheap stay, just for sleeping, its a good option.

armayankgupta218765
2022-07-12

Very central location. Staff all friendly and facilities pretty clean. Wish I got all female dorm - location attracts some weird guests and didnt feel comfortable staying there as solo female traveler - but not hostels fault, just something to think about for location. Close to everything.

lottiedevereaux7067
2022-07-08

Very basic hostel. Good for sleeping. No communal/social areas to hang out.

as89KqxtTixnB3PI
2022-07-04

Very well located hostel with super nice staff. It is good to stay 1-3 nights. It doesn't have space to cook or socialize with others and the bathroom are not very well located, but in general was a good experience

angelacarboni7678
2022-07-02

This hostel is super. Without intending to be in the red light district, we were accommodated carefully. They responded to our need for a fan for sleeping. They watch the door very carefully and are very pleasant people. I hope to stay here again as it was a great hostel experience. Very quiet for sleeping.

stevelumbar3539
2022-06-28

Nice place and location.

Just want to send a big hug to August, the cleaner guy who was such a nice person with us.

renatomartins02081316
2022-06-17

Was only a kettle and microwave to use which we didn't and it was placed one step away from the check in desk and it was also high up on top of a cupboard or something. Definitely not the place to go if you want to make food or eat in. Also, the toilet is places in the middle of the room and everyone can hear whatever you do in there, so not much privacy on that front, but I didn't mind too much but others may not like that. Other than that, the location is 10/10 and staff were kind.

elliotedwards20017142
2022-06-05

Basically just a bed to sleep in, there's no common areas but good location and price

samridgers
2022-06-02

This hostels location was right in the middle of Amsterdam along a strip of shops and bars. The hostel is quite small with no common room or kitchen. The staff were very kind and stored our luggage after we checked out. The shower and bathroom facilities were amazing and at such a cheap price for the location.

thompsonerin3494190
2022-05-30

Really clean, but have no kitchen nor shared space to get to know other travellers. The staff is really nice tho! Narrowed stairs, careful with big luggages.

Jana0
2022-05-30

In a great spot in the city Center, but thats about it. A good and convenient spot to lay your head at night. Theres no common areas or anything, one night a random person slept in one of our beds, random people walking in and out at all hours of the night. The beds and lockers underneath were too close to each other making it very difficult to move your things in and out. We have heard this is as best as you get in the city Center, so it was a fine place to sleep!

hannahcusteau
2022-05-28

Great location, great service. I loved the stay, I recommend and would stay again.

thayannempereira1915
2022-05-06

Not a suitable hostel for young backpackers - there's no communal area and no self catering facilities. You get a bed in a room and that is it! Good location in the Red Light District, however parties can be heard from the street throughout the night.

Megxnwoods
2022-05-05

Located in the heart of Amsterdam, Hostel Warmoes offers budget-friendly accommodations with comfortable, clean rooms with an outstanding value for your money. We are the perfect place for young backpackers, groups, and tourists passing through this beautiful city.

We offer discount at the Amsterdam Crepes and Waffles restaurant downstairs if you are a guest and also for an Irish Pub just a few steps away. We also provide you with Wi-Fi free of charge during your stay. If you are looking to experience Amsterdam's nightlife, canals, Red Light District, and other attractions that the city has to offer, we are the perfect place to stay.

Dam Square is just a two minute walk away and a great place to begin your journey through the city. From here you can easily reach most of Amsterdam's tourist attractions. You can head west to the Anne Frank house, south to the museum quarters and east to Rembrandt's house, as well as the famous flea market at Waterloo square. There are also canal tours, coffee-shops and exhibits that will make your head spin. The best part is that all these wonderful attractions are within a short walk from the hostel.

If you step out of the Central Station, follow the road in front of you called Damrak (this is the main street from Central Station). Once you're on the Damrak, take a first left walking towards 'The Grasshopper'. Take a second right and you're in the Warmoesstreet. Here, on the left side, you'll see 'Hostel Easy-Stay' at number 75.

Address: Warmoesstraat 75, Red Light District, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

Hostel Warmoes is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Hostel Warmoes Amsterdam (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +31 62 66 74 562

Safe Deposit Box

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 14

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Maximum Stay: 14 nights

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Hostel Warmoes