Jaffa Gate Hostel, Jerusalem

Old City
8.8

Jaffa Gate Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Jaffa Gate Hostel rated on booking websites?

Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Best imaginable location and helpful staff

Out of all the hostel staffs that i have ever seen, these guys were the most keen to help and give good advice, especially the guy whose appearance resembles the Jordanian king a bit. This accommodation is basic, but has a very positive vibe. The location is the best you can imagine, and even more, it is not tucked into the souk (which is dark), it is at the most famous city gate, overlooking the city, so it makes the environment even better. I have not seen any bed bugs. The only thing I would complain a bit is the temperature, it was a bit cold in the room, but the hosts do provide a heater, and I don't think this is a problem for more than 2 months/year.

Filip
2014-01-01
Age 30

Great place to stay in Jerusalem

We had a good experience at the hostel during our previous stay. The rooms are comfortable, the location is more than great. The views of the old city make a stay at this hotel a very interesting experience. The staff is attentive and offers very personalized services. Overall it is a great place to stay.

Morison
2013-11-26
Age 27 | U.K

Best hostel in jerusalem

I stayed at many hostels in Jerusalem, jaffa gate hostel is the best, the staff, location, atmosphere -- all is great, and every time i go there i enjoy, I highly recommend specially for young travelers.

Michael
2012-12-21

Awful, bedbugs, dont go there, some got sick.

Was here for 3 days, but never again. The staff was not very friendly, some even rude. Poor security. if you "have to" go there order for one night only, then make a reservation somewhere else, just in case. Dont go there if you are jewish.

Benjamin
2012-11-04
Norway

Awful -- a health hazard

Jaffa Gate hostel is in a great location ... and that's it. The dorms and beds are filthy dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. There's next to zero security/no staff after 10pm, no locks on dorm doors, and no lockers so you have to keep your valuables on you. There's a ban on alcohol which is not publicised until you arrive at the reception desk.

Martin
2011-09-11
UK

Best budget place in Jeruslem

I stayed at the Jaffa gate hostel this month, and I highly recommend it! The hostel has an excellent location, very helpful, friendly staff, and very clean room. The value for the money is excellent also. Asem and Nor were terrific! I was treated as if I were staying at a hotel in Europe!

Norisca
2011-06-24
spain

You can't beat the location!

Great closeup view of Sepulchre Church! It trumped the fact we smoked 2 packs of the neighbors cigarettes at night back in 2006 due to open shared ceiling. And my wife having to bang on his door at midnight with TV blaring. But a clean friendly safe view of Sepulchre Church for under $40 is the ticket. The Old City is the place. Why not stay where you play.

Glen & Melissa Z.
2011-06-15

Filthy -- Avoid

I've slept in hostels around most of the world and this is one of the worst 3! The rooms, the bathroom and the beds are filthy. I was booked to stay 4 nights here but left after one -- with unwelcome souvenirs of my stay (bedbug bites i had gotten overnight). There's also a ban on alcohol at this place which is strictly enforced. They don't tell you about this on the website or any of the booking sites of course. So you can't even relax with a beer after a hard days sightseeing.

Sam
2011-05-24
Holland

Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews from the Web

The best hotel Ive ever stayed at. The vibe is immaculate it feels like youve entered a whole new world because of the infrastructure. my favorite part was the rooftop where you can see the entire Jerusalem city and they have pillows you can just lay and enjoy the sunset and sunrise or night view. the staff were amazing and helped us find the cheapest rides and food, they were the perfect tour guides.

badawiomar78052
2022-08-04

Absolutely amazing hostel with the reception staff who was the most friendly & welcomed us for one night. He was most accommodating & truly made us feel at home.

God Bless him & he should be promoted to manager of the Hostel

HamzaEric
2022-07-31

2016-05-01

Liked: The most knowledgeable, helpful, friendliest reception ever! Great location, right in the old city, very easy to reach. Nice hot shower, all very clean, great view from the roof top, quiet place. Didn't like: It's very cold at night, no heater of any kind.

2014-12-29

Liked: The location could not be better, just by the famous Jaffa gate, near the tram station that will bring you to the central bus station. Staff is also extremely friendly and helpful. Didn't like: The room I stayed in was one of the worst places I stayed. Filthy, dark, uncomfortable and not pleasant. The bathroom was barely separated from the room and I highly doubt about cleanliness of the sheets. Helpfulness of the staff although weights off the unpleasantness of the place. By my opinion one of the worst values for money.

2014-10-30

Liked: Location was amazing for old town and tours. Having a locked door Didn't like: Shower

2014-06-25

Liked: The staff is really really nice and helpful, they gave us all the information we needed very precisely. The location is also quite perfect, right in the old city, close to everything. Didn't like: It was quite dirty... The sheets and mattresses were really old, the bathroom inside of the room was disgusting, the whole building is really old. The room we stayed in had no windows and was really humid. But all of this I could deal with, and the nice staff and good location would have made it pay off. The real real trouble was that there were cockroaches. Often. Mostly they would show up dead, but seriously, that's something you do not want to see in the place you sleep in. If it had happened once I would have tried to believe it was a special case, but throughout our 3 nights stay we saw about 7 or 8 cockroaches. Really not cool. In spite of the crappy rooms and bathrooms I would have reccomended it to students with a low budget, but, really, cockroaches is a no go.

2014-06-18

Liked: Friendless and very helpful kind staff, they allow storage luggage after checkout free of charge. Great rooftop deck and garden. Didn't like: So humidty and dark rooms, bad and so thin pillow, so thick blanket, it isnt good for hot summer nights.

2014-06-16

Liked: Good location Didn't like: Small rooms and the three person room only had two beds.

2014-06-03

Liked: The location is great. Didn't like: They have a moisture and mold problem.

2014-05-24

Liked: . Didn't like: .

2014-05-19

Liked: The location was alright. That's all. Didn't like: the rooms were tiny and very wet, with no natural ventilation whatsoever.

2014-04-04

Guests will really enjoy our homely atmosphere! We offer dormitories and private rooms. Showers and toilets inside the rooms as well as t.v satellite and Internet facilities.

Our Hostel is very clean and extremely safe. Guests can avail of a free kitchen, luggage storage,as we as special discount for students!

Property Facilities:

Internet Access
WIFI
Guest Kitchen
Tours all over the country
Telephone/Fax Facilities
B&Q area
24 hours check in
AND A LOT MOREEEE

• Jaffa Gate Hostel, Jaffa Gate, Jerusalem, 19383, Israel
• Welcome to the Jaffa Gate Hostel. See the most beautiful view from our roof top! We are centrally located and just a few minutes walking from all the religious places of interest, post office, 1 minute from the old city & 5 minutes from the new city!
• you can take (nasher) taxi from the airport which will bring you to the jaffa gate. or you can take the bus from any place to the central bus station in jerusalem then you take bus # 20 which will bring you to jaffa gate then its 2 minutes walking to our hostel inside jaffa gate, infront of david's tower.

Address: Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Old City, Jerusalem, Jerusalem District, Israel

Jaffa Gate Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Jaffa Gate Hostel Jerusalem (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 00972-2-6276402