Sky Hostel, Tel Aviv

City Center
4.8

Sky Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com

It is the only way to book Sky Hostel

How is Sky Hostel rated on booking websites?

Sky Hostel Reviews

Horrible place

The room we ended up in had nothing to do with the nice ones from the official pictures. Everything was old, worn, not too clean, and smelled with cigarettes. The walls were dirty, and the place was noisy. The toilet/shower was even worse -- no separate shower area, the floor was shared with the toilet, and after each shower you had to wipe the floor off with a wiper provided (which did not look to clean itself to be honest). I did not dare to enter this place barefoot and I tried not to touch the shower curtain. There was not even a curtain in the window, so anyone could have seen me from the outside. The "kitchen" was a small room with a microwave that would get overcrowded if more than two persons entered, the breakfast (just coffee and pastry) was served in another hostel down the street, and the WiFi worked only in the shared area. By shared area I mean tiny lobby near the reception with some 5 seats that were always occupied. But they charged me as if it was a hotel. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this horrible place!

Mart
2014-07-02

Friendly staff, spacious room, noisy street

Staff very helpful and friendly. Shower was clean, good hot water. 5bed male dorm was spacious however, to much noise from the BenYehuda street so bring earplugs. Try to get the lower bed of the bunk bed, not so stable bunk beds. Perfect location and free and fast wifi. 24hrs supermarkets next door.

Michel
2013-07-08
Age 33 | Netherlands

Terrible service, mean reception, and bad rooms

I stayed here because it was cheap, but at first there are a bunch of sleaze balls that stay here, including one guy who filmed the people coming in and out and even starting arguments with people. Ok, so the second night I stayed there I checked out at 11 a.m. and they said I could keep my baggage there til midnight as long as I paid 5 NIS. Fine. But, after I went to the beach and wanted to get a pair of pants out of the baggage room, they would not let me change in the bathroom, kitchen, anywhere. What was I supposed to do? I'm paying for the space, and now I am not allowed to change. So, they want me out of the hostel and I said it was not right so they threw my stuff on the street! A bunch of assholes work here. Save the trouble.

skyhostel is bad
2009-09-02

Not again please

i didn't have high standards -- and i still don't -- and this place was "ok" to stay for a night, but i wouldn't stay there any longer! the showers are dirty, the beds uncomfy and disgustingly dirty, the other hostel guests weren't quite of the regular type you'd think to stay at "youth" hostels. still, i slept well the night and enjoyed the breakfast. also the staff was not quite the greatest but super friendly. i'd recommend staying at another place, but this one is alright too if you can't find an alternative!

kc
2009-05-24
germany

Six point from ten

I visit this hostel at may 2009, check out at 11 o'clock. first at the reception gave me key for room, it was at second floor, no elevator. I get in and I was shock, three double-decker plus another double-decker at the balcony. also it was stifling unpleasant and full, I left immediately and ask from the reception another option so the gave me key for another room, same side room but three double-decker in the room and was three person so it was ok. the problem was that this room was at the front of busy road -- problem to sleep! no air conditioner but wind from the sea. I manege to sleep somehow, even one person was snoring. breakfast was a big and nice cake plus any hot drink that you ask. if you want to keep your luggage after you check out you can leave it for 5 NIS -- this was wonderful because I was need to go to visit friends at and I didnt want to go with luggage.

david
2009-05-08
israel

Stay away!!!

I have stayed at a ton of hostels and have seen bad ones, but this is the worst! Bad staff, dirty, no atmosphere. The only good thing about it is the location, but then again all the hostels in Tel Aviv have a good location.

JG
2009-01-12

Not the best

Location: Great. Price: Cheap. Internet: Free wifi in lobby. Cleanliness / state: not good -- mattress moldy, fixtures old and in need of attention. Staff: friendly enough, but not tolerant of hotel use after checkout. Bed: fair to poor -- not the most comfortable, and not uncomfortable. Bathroom: usable. Winter: Room VERY cold, and no heater. They did give me extra blankets. I would not stay here again, but pay more for something a bit nicer.

Andy
2009-01-02

Keep looking.

I've stayed at a lot of hostels around the world and this one was definitely one at the bottom of the heap. Really dirty, really dingy and depressing environment, unhelpful staff, horrific bathrooms, beds that felt like slabs of concrete, no A/C and a joke for a breakfast (tea and a slice of bread). The only reason it got two stars from me as opposed to one is the fact that it's in a somewhat decent location.

Eric
2008-01-27
U.S.

Sky Hostel Reviews from the Web

Liked: Its location Disliked: Not even close to 1 star hotels in europe, 5degrees outside, no heating at all, and only 2 thin covers for the night, had to sleep dressed up
2015-01-20
Liked: Clean bed, clean sheets, clean floor. Disliked: Pretty run down like many buildings in the area. Noisy area.
2014-06-11
Liked: Only the location, close to the beach and the city Disliked: The property is very old, very dirty and very insecure. The kitchen is not a kitchen at all, only a small room with a sink and a fridge. Internet is only available in the lobby.
2014-05-22
Liked: good location and friendly staff Disliked: Jan Willem left no negative feedback.
Jan Willem ten Brinke
2014-05-07
Liked: Friendly staff Disliked: Tetiana left no negative feedback.
Tetiana Gavryliuk
2014-05-04
Liked: Central location and friendly staff. The staff were very helpful. Disliked: Nothing
Gyan Fernando
2013-11-18
Liked: Central location and easy to find. Disliked: Grubby and slightly smelly. Stained mattress. Poorly ventilated. If this is one of the 'best budget options' as advertised by lonely planet I dread to think what the others were like.
2013-08-21
Liked: Staff were very friendly and helpful - suggested restaurants and places to see. Room was small but nice and had a balcony Disliked: The shower in the bathroom flooded into the room every time someone used to shower.
2013-07-15
Liked: the location and staff were helpful Disliked: kevin anthony left no negative feedback.
kevin anthony whitehill
2013-07-12
Liked: Location and price. Near the beach and downtown core. Disliked: Not much space in common area. Next door neighbours loudly making out.
2013-07-06
Liked: Good location but a bit noisy. Disliked: My room was more raunchy than on the photos uploaded by the property.
2013-06-22
Liked: free breakfast, lockers in dorm, 24 hr Disliked: lots of stairs and shower water not hot by time I got to shower, common room just foyer so not so nice to chill in
Jennifer Wehrmeyer
2013-05-14
Liked: The two liter water bottles are incredibly cheap which is very important in Tel Aviv. It is also very very close to the beach which is wonderful! Disliked: The room smelled like smoke and other funkiness. Perfectly fine when the window was open and the fan was on, but it was very loud from the cars and street outside.
2013-05-05
Liked: Good location. Disliked: Room very tired but this was expected. Staff could be deeply unhelpful and unfriendly - But others were pleasant enough.
2013-04-02
Liked: very much lived up to expectations, staff was helpful. Disliked: lived up to expectations, you get what you pay for, which is cheap and worth the value
2013-01-28
Liked: Very friendly and helpful staff. Thanks for the pleasant week in your hostel. Disliked: Jenny left no negative feedback.
Jenny Schomann
2012-10-07
Liked: Well located, near to the beach, cheapest in this neighborhood Disliked: conditions are far from we used to call "nice & clean" in Europe
2012-08-27
Liked: keeping in mind that you get whay you pay for - this hostel gives you everything you need. I had a private room (with shared bathroom - which was right next door to my room anyways so it felt like it was my private bathroom) on the 3rd floor and I was impressed that the staff were really insistant on trying to help me carry my large suitcase up the 6 flighs of stairs - I appreciated that - I've been in nicer more expensive hotels that didnt offer any help. And upon leaving, they also offered to get me a taxi to the airport as it would be cheaper for me than getting it on the street myself, also appreciated. It was nice to also get breakfast in the morning - it may only be small- but a coffee and a croissant was perfect for me. And its in easy walking distance of the beach and Upper Ben Yehuda, which as a great mix of restaurants (Mexican, Thai, Steak houses, burger joints) and boutiques - so plenty of places to see and find what you need. Disliked: Its hard to really dislike anything because you can not expect too much when you are getting such cheap accommodation in the heart of Tel Aviv - sure the shower could have been a bit cleaner - but they are shared bathrooms-so again what can you expect. With only a small fan in the room it can get quite hot and stuffy - but on the plus side it forces you to get out and explore Tel Aviv as its cooler outside than inside, or you can always take advantage of the A/C and free internet access in the lobby. It would have been nice to also have either a fridge in the room, or maybe one on every floor - cos drinks stay cold for all of 5 mins in the heat of the room - and its a bit of a pain having to go up and down 6 flights of stairs (from the 3rd floor) just to get the shared fridge in the lobby - but again atleast there is one for use. So for whatyou are paying - its very satisfactory.
Olivia Cotterill
2012-08-01
Liked: the room was dark (lot of shadow),small windows, very quiet Disliked: that you have to take the cake and the koffie for breakfast in an other hostel
Suzanna Hendrika Molendijk
2012-07-30
Liked: The staff were great. Having a 24/7 friendly and helpful concierge was wonderful. Disliked: The room descriptions were slightly misleading.
2012-07-06

We are located in the heart of Tel Aviv city, near the night life main street, and only 2 minutes walk from the beach and tourist attractions.

Our hostel offers dormitories that sleeps up to 6 people per room as well as private rooms - single & doubles.

Breakfast is served every day for 4 hours in the morning, for those who want to cook for themselves, a kitchen with all the equipment is at hand.

The hostel also has an internet station, self service laundry machine, and safes & lockers in the dormitories for our guests. Luggage storage is available for long term guests.

Our guests can enjoy a 24 hour open lobby with cable T.V, smiling staff in a young and friendly atmosphere. We look forward to having you here!

• From Ben Guryon international airport:
• take the train from the airport to Tel-Aviv train station ("central") and from there - city bus or
• service taxi number 10 to the hostel,( ask the driver to get of at the "EL-AL" building ).
• From Tel-Aviv central bus station:
• Take bus number 4 and ask to stop at the EL-AL building, our hostel is located right next door.
• The hostel is located 15 minutes from Tel Aviv museum.
• Only 2 minute walk from the beach.
• 5 minutes walk from night life.
• We are located on Ben yehuda av.where you will find all airline companies,Exchange places,
• Post office,Banks,Restaurants and coffee shops.

Address: 34 Ben Yehuda Street, City Center, Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv-Yafo), Tel Aviv District, Israel

Sky Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Sky Hostel Tel Aviv www.sky1hostel.com
Phone Number: 972-3-6200044

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Sky Hostel