The Bellavista Hostel, Santiago

Barrio Bellavista
3.5

The Bellavista Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book The Bellavista Hostel

How is The Bellavista Hostel rated on booking websites?

The Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Perfect experience to my south american trip!

It was very clean, I never had to wait to use the bathroom or anything in the kitchen. The first night was a bit loud because they were doing construction right across the street and the dumpster was under my window, but they were able to move me to a different room without a problem. I would suggest this place to anyone heading to Santiago, it really made my trip, I only booked one night here to try it out, but ended up staying four!

Rachael
2009-11-30
Nashville USA

Great fun place

This was the first place I stayed in S America so dirtiness of city was quite a shock. But in comparison to a lot of S American hostels it is relatively clean (kitchen a bit smelly/dirty) but it is made up for with great staff, fun atmosphere, cool people staying there. Two computers for free internet (have to wait a while), proper bathrooms to shower in (not just cubicles), free breakfast which is just bread and juice, which is the same everywhere in S America. TV games room. cool balcony upstairs with view over mountain. Washing facilities (have to pay) and close to nightlife. Would recommend for young travelers. Cold in winter but if you bring own sleeping bag is ok.

KR
2008-06-20
Australia

Gorgeous, cosy colonial house

I loved this place! the girls who work here are gorgeous and really friendly and are very helpful and most importantly a good laugh! we stayed here for seven days and the double room is really comfy and lovely balconies. it's worth the extra few pesos! great place!

Ollie
2007-10-10
Northern ireland

Excellent location, very fun crowd!

I've done a lot of traveling through Santiago, and I've stayed at this hostel three times, each time loved it! The staff is very friendly, helpful with directions, getting taxis, or giving ideas of things to do. I love the patio on the roof -- great for grilling out with the other travelers, enjoying the sunset, or having a nice tea in the morning.

Rachel
2007-07-02

Nice location, nice people, good experience

All together I stayed three nights there. I must say that they provide the best of service within their limited resources. Best thing is the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The overall environment is pleasant and friendly. Especially, if you sit at the terrace you can hear the birds and animals, even sometimes Lion (if you are lucky). That gives you a feeling of staying close to the nature, even if you are in the middle of the city. I will be back, trust me.

Habib Shaikh
2007-07-01
Pakistan

Excellent Hostel -- Should be even better in the summer time

I stayed at this hostel for nearly two weeks and was very happy with it. Breakfast is decent if a bit spare. The rooms are all very clean as are the showers (hot) and bathrooms. The people are very helpful as well. Best of all, I saw many complaints about how cold it is in the winter. It was true for us too but they are in the middle of installing a central heating system for all of the rooms. All and all an excellent hostel.

TheBenard
2007-05-26

This hostel would have been great if it weren't for the immense cold. In winter the rooms get incredibly cold, we couldn't even read because our hands would get too icy! The hostels seems to have only one heater, which they use in the reception area. We know for a fact that there are many other hostels that provide heaters in the rooms. On the other hand, the staff is incredibly friendly and the hostel seems clean and is in a great neighbourhood.

Becky
2006-06-22

It was not very good -- dirty food and stinky staff. Don't go.

jon smith
2006-06-15

Perfectly located, clean, safe and fun...

Quoted from Lonely Planet® 2006 :
'Colorful, bright, secure, relaxed and comfortable - Not only does it tick every box for a good hostel stay, it is also within hollering distance of some of the city´s best bars and restaurants.'©

We are centrally located on the East side of Barrio Bellavista, the famous bohemian quarter of town and one of Santiago´s main highlights. Although the hostel block is quiet (consists mostly of atmospheric restaurants), you will find many services on Pio Nono street (one block away), such as a pharmacy, fast food, mini-markets, bottle shops, handicrafts and ATMs. The neighborhood is also famous for its many bars, nightclubs (from salsa to DJs) and places to listen to live music. All major sites of interest are walking distance. Eventhough there is plenty of fun to be had in our vibrant neighborhood, you can always hang out at the hostel playing pool, foosball, watching a movie, surfing the web or just chilling on our sundeck with a beer or glass of wine.
The dorm rooms in our cosy hostel have high ceilings, hard wood floors and access to balconies. Our solid steel beds (no shaking or squeaking) are equipped with a spring mattress and a backpack sized locker (bring your padlock!). Fresh linen, blankets and duvets are provided for the duration of your stay free of charge. Breakfast is included!

Token-Op Laundry Service to take care of your dirty clothes!

We take credit cards with no service charge

cheap reliable airport pickups, just mail us your flight details!

NO AVAILABILITY? Just stop in, we reserve space for walk-ins or give us a call to find out

Address: Dardiñac 0184, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago (Santiago de Chile), Santiago Province, Chile

The Bellavista Hostel is listed on the following booking sites: