Sahara Passion, Timbuktu

your hostels in Timbuktu

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Sahara Passion Reviews

The man at the Sahara Passion made all the difference to my stay at Timbuktu. He lives in the compound with his wife and children and were concerned for my safety as a female travelling alone. I stayed in the dorm room, which was a huge spacious room with high ceilings and mattresses on the floor with a shared bathroom outside. I was the only person staying there so the family took me under their wing. At night they cooked for me so I would not have to wander out at night alone. They also rigged up a mosquito net for me with string and chairs to form a tent and woke me for a taxi ride the morning I left.

The Sahara Passion is nicely located right on the edge of town but it is a bit hard to find, especially on arrival. I actually hired a local boy for 250 CFA to show me there as it was dark and late and the streets are not signposted. Even in the day I found it hard to find my way back there as the streets all look the same.

Jo
2005-03-03

This family run hostle is in a beutiful location on the edge of the sahara, perfect for families with small children, and those looking to get away form the noise and bustle of the tourist scene. The proprietors offer a nice compromise between a real local experience and a westerner's need for privacy and autonomy. They also offer a wealth of insights and insider information about the locale and can help you discover all there is in TImbuktu and help you with onward travel.

Address: Abaradiou north of the flamme de la Paix, Timbuktu, Mali

Sahara Passion is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld