Downtown Hostel, Budapest

4.7

Downtown Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Downtown Hostel

How is Downtown Hostel rated on booking websites?

Downtown Hostel Reviews

Very nice

The front door was always locked, and the owner made sure everyone knew to lock it. Bed linens were clean, nice laundry, bathroom was clean, kitchen was used by everyone so it was decent, and although there was no common room, still met plenty of new people. The owner was kind and helpful. The location was perfect. Thumbs up.

Rebecca
2011-08-08

Disgusting!

I have traveled around Europe for six months and I have stayed in many different hostels from different countries but I must say that this is the worst one. After traveling for twenty hours without being able to sleep, I arrive to "Downtown Hostel" with a previous and confirmed reservation (ten days before). Once I entered in the Hostel I got the worst welcome ever. I asked, "Excuse me, Is this DownTown Hostel and the unfriendly receptionist answered, "No! this is a bakery!" -- pretending to be funny. Well the thing is that they canceled my reservation because there was a festival in Budapest that week and they preferred to book their rooms straight away instead of waiting for customers with reservation. You can imagine the situation, they did nothing for me, just calling a few hostel which were busy and telling me sorry. Luckily I found someplace else and I could rest. This is only part of my experience with DownTown Hostel, so please, please avoid this Hostel, apart from this you might expect a clean hostel because pictures does not make justice. Dirty, very poor, and not good staff. Believe me a do not stay in this hostel if you do not want to feel sick.

Jose
2007-07-20
Spanish

Do not stay in this hostel!

Katy
2007-04-27

The hostel is like a ghost. Nobody pick up the phone and the hostel was closed. I think that is one of the worst experiences that I have had in my life. Someone replies ours mails saying that everything was ok with the reservation, but then nothing was true. I hope that they don't take the money from my account, or I will demand them.

David
2007-03-19

Do not stay here. It may be cheap and some of the people staying there my be cool, but it is filthy and the security is rubbish. The sheets were brown and the bathroom never seen Mr muscle before. The front door never closed so anybody could walk in. Also peverted co-owner. Only good thing is location. We moved after the first night.

Anon
2006-07-15

Location was good but that was the only good thing I have to say about this hostel. The place lacked security as the front door was often left unlocked. The staff were useless and disorganized, as our room was not even ready on arrival. Rubbish lay all the way up the stairs leading to the hostel and continued into it. Personally I would advise anyone to look elsewhere for accommodation.

Kelly Taggart
2005-09-09

This was the best hostel I've stayed in ever! It had lots of cool people and a really fun environment. It was easy to get in touch with people here and you'll feel like you're at home in the hostel's Magic Kitchen.

Therese, Norway
2005-04-06

I stayed here last May for few days, and I must say that this place really rocks. It has an excellent location and price, and the owner was very friendly to me.

Peter, Slovakia
2005-02-17

We are in the business of accommodating budget minded travellers in a safe, friendly and fun enviroment. The Downtown Hostel welcomes all guests with afternoon tea, free internet, 24 hour common area and kitchen with cable tv. We also have two 24 hour hot showers, free linen, and no hidden charges of any kind. We offer free cable tv in our double and triple accommodation rooms.
The Downtown Hostel is equipt to accommodate as much as 25 people . Our rooms are divided into two 6 bed dorms, two 4 bed dorms, one 3 bed room and one 2 bed room. All these rooms are always kept clean and are spacious. Our goal is to make your stay hassle free and memorable. Throughout the years we have aquired the skill of making our guests feel that they are at a home away from home.
The Downtown Hostel is located by very convenient transportation access, just one block away from the Kalvin ter Metro stop. We are just two blocks away from the famous Vaci street area. The Citadell and the Gallert Baths are just a few minutes by foot away from our front door as is the Danube, St Stephens Basilica and the Opera House. There are plenty of things to see and plenty of night life establishments in our area.
The Downtown Hostel is a warm, friendly place that accommodates group travellers who might like to party till the wee hours of the night. This is the reason we have no curfew and a 24 hour common area with cable tv. We boast a No-Hidden-Charges policy and we also have extremely flexible check out times. This is something that is rarely seen at other establishments of accomodation.
We at the Downtown Hostel hope you will enjoy your stay in Budapest and we also hope to see you.

Address: Kiralyi Pal utca 5-7, Budapest, Hungary

Downtown Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Downtown Hostel Budapest (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 00 36 1 266 4151

Bike Rental

Currency Exchange

Elevator/Lift

Evening Entertainment

Nightclub

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Downtown Hostel