Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam- Rewarded two times in a row, in 2015 & 2016, with “Most Popular Hostel in Amsterdam,” this is the hostel where you can enjoy a great atmosphere for a low price!
Shelter City is located in the historic city center of Amsterdam, on the edge of the Red Light District. It has a beautiful garden and is surrounded by typical Dutch canals. Central Station, Dam Square, the Royal Palace and many famous museums are all just within walking distance.
While the common room and cafe make it easy to get to know other travelers, there is even more to discover at Shelter City. The Nieuwmarkt, next to the hostel, is well known for the mix of many cultures, international restaurants and cool cafe’s. Spend a sunny afternoon sipping your coffee in the square, enjoy the daily market or simply experience the diversity of life in Amsterdam.
More services include:
● FREE: Wi-Fi, Lockers and City Maps
● Hot breakfast, Sheets and Warm Showers (included with the price per night)
● No hidden extras - all taxes included in the price.
● Choice of rooms with 2-16 beds and shared bathrooms. The large dormitories have dividing walls between the beds.
● For even more comfort and privacy choose a 4-bed room with private bathroom (en-suite).
● Computers you can use
● Free lockers are available – bring your own padlock or buy one at reception.
● 24 hour reception with tourist information and personal recommendations
● Discount tickets available for canal cruises, bike hire and museums.
● No drugs or alcohol.
● Good security, free luggage storage and no curfew.
Run by Christian volunteers from all around the world, this non-profit hostel will provide you with a good night’s sleep in a clean and friendly environment. The Shelter City has been a favourite Amsterdam hostel since 1972, with many guests returning year after year. Come and discover why Hostelworld and Tripadvisor recommend the Shelter City to so many travellers!