SoHostel, London

Soho
8.0

your hostels in London

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is SoHostel rated on booking websites?

SoHostel Reviews

SoHostel is an excellent choice when staying in London.

The hostel is located in the heart of Soho, a very vibrant and exciting neighborhood. Just to the right (when looking at the front door of hostel) is a convenience store to pick up just about any kind of food or beverages. To the left of the hostel down Dean Street is a wide variety of bars and restaurants. Throughout Soho there appears to be a younger and hipster crowd. If you are willing to walk, you can see a great amount of sites within thirty minutes.

Right across from the eighteen-bed, mixed dorm, there are two individual restrooms right across the hall. There is a shower room connected to the dorm room, which has three individual shower stalls. The room itself is very clean and the bed linens are surprisingly comfortable. The only downfall is the space between the top and bottom bunk is pretty tight. Anyone who is of above-average height needs to be cautious of hitting his or her head in the morning.

The main common area is basically a giant rec room that is also used as a kitchen and bar. The staff keep the common areas very clean. There is a projection television, which is a great touch for sporting events/movies. There is a room that provides computers with free internet access. Throughout the common area is useful resources such as maps, brochures, food menus, and routes for the Tube.

Summary

Every staff member we ran into treated us exceptionally well. SoHostel's staff treats backpackers as if we are staying in a five-star hotel. The breakfast provided is a simple, buffet-style of grabbing anything you may like. Considering the meal is free, it is surprising how many options are available (such as fruit, cereals, bread/bagels, juice, coffee). We felt very safe keeping our large backpack stored in a locked baggage room (for free). It is also refreshing that everyone needs their room key to gain access to the common areas/dorm rooms. The rooms are well spaced out and it almost never feels too crowded. Having Wi-Fi access in both the common areas and dorm rooms is a big perk (also free).

jwootten2
2016-06-16

SoHostel Reviews from the Web

So disappointed! Disgusting bathrooms and showers! NO HOT WATER.

When I booked the beds had breakfast included and when we get there the receptionist told as that they was nor serving any food. The bar was closed and the website do not inform that.

The only good thing is the great location.

The place is not like the photos.

juliacollaresdeoliveira7542
2021-10-16

The toilets and shower rooms were in disgusting condition. It's sad because I would haved liked this hostel otherwise.

leponiemienni8960
2021-10-12

Place looks nothing like the images, so run down and in need of some TLC. Some staff were lovely others werent - he checked me into an all male dorm when I specified on my booking that I wanted an all female. Hard to sleep with others coming in at 3am, coming in and out the room all night and watching films out loud etc - probably would have been more considerate room mates if it were an all female one as I wanted.

Emilieowen265
2021-10-06

I asked for a lower (bottom) bunk and they actually reserved one for me, unlike some hostels that can't be bothered.

u34rb4101
2021-10-05

Wouldn't stay again

Multiple times we were locked outside waiting for staff. A member of staff demanded our cards when me and my friend entered the premise after checking in and refused to let us up in our room till he checks our booking. He was rude and hostile and left us feeling intimidated

Games room is literally falling apart and hasn't been cleaned in what looks like months. Gone off cereal just left in the cupboards. Toilets and showers were also awful

dylandavies9198071
2021-10-02

This hostel is more rundown then the pictures suggest. Very basic hostel. Mould in the shower rooms. We have stayed in many hostels before all over the world and this was pretty poor. Need to update information on their website as check in is not till 3pm (not 2pm as advertised) Only saving grace is it has a fantastic location.

Lottieagnesmoore6196
2021-09-26

Really nice hostel, we just weren't aware the rooftop bar was closed. It would be useful to know if it isn't already advertised, but otherwise a clean and safe hostel.

rosaliecarter2097
2021-09-24

Hey, it was really horrible staying!!

The hostel didn't look like anything in the photos !! There were no bar, no roof garden or facilities what so ever, the toilets and showers were horribly dirty and not working, the room was tiny and overall we didnt enjoyed at all at this hostel. You have to change the photos from your site!!!

liavzehavi92348
2021-09-23

It will be much better when the bar food etc is working so hard to judge at the moment. Its quite a maze to find your way around and some facilities eg washing machines and some toilets out of order although there were several about. Signs to lift might be good

astephenson1677
2021-09-23

Overall good stay. Just the roommate who making so much movement and noise around 3am.

Jasluffy
2021-09-22

A nice and simple Hostel with great location and staff

LydiaJennings
2021-09-21

Location is excellent and staff were friendly enough but the place needs a deep clean and some basic repairs.

Its worth noting though that almost all the facilities they have were closed when we visited, despite there being no restrictions that made that legally required. A few of the things that were closed include: communal kitchen, rooftop garden, bar, breakfast service, laundrette.

jprodell8969
2021-09-20

Bathrooms could be cleaner.

ziggyjosh167098
2021-09-19

Great location, easy to find, close to the Tube. Supervisor on shift was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very basic , however it did not feel cramped. It was clean and airy. The mattress was thin, but was sufficient for 1 night.

The sheets were clean. Sadly the en suite in the room was out of service. The shared toilets in the hallway were cleanish, just the usual smells and cleanliness you get when sharing with lots of people. Would stay again.

sassifyzine282
2021-09-18

Amazing location, and friendly staff (especially the guy who greeted us with kinda curly hair). Due to COVID the hostel is kinda dead, so don't expect to spend a long time chilling at the hostel. The bed was good, but in the morning, there definitely aren't enough toilets, so you have to queue for a while so get into a well-used toilet. Overall, I'd recommend the hostel for a night or two in the centre of London, but nothing more until tourism is back to normal.

ashleigh6644
2021-09-18

Its location is great, right in the heart of SoHo. However, I was there for 40 minutes then I left again. I booked a double room with a shared bathroom. The room was like a prison cell. It had one double bed with a dented mattress and two flat pillows. It had a side table with a brown smear wiped down the side. The windows had black mould on them and the small sink at the foot of the bed had black mould all around the sealant. There was no storage whatsoever, nowhere to put your bags.

RhiannonLimbert
2021-09-17

Dont usually leave reviews but thought i would for this one. Alot of the facilities were shut, such as the rooftop bar, foods, drinks etc. Although there was metal cage boxes you could padlock, someone could easily steal it, there was nothing else to keep stuff like passports safely in it. The toilets were very dirty, no hand soap in 3 of them and the shower facilities were poor. The staff were great and its a fantastic location. Ok for only one night, wont be back though

Riascott19512
2021-09-17

Hi,

I would recommend cleaning the sofas so the actual brown dirt stuck on comes off.

Also fix the basement and game room:

The ceiling is falling and there is mud and water.

Secure the beds to wall, they are TOOO wobbly on the top bunk. Dangerous.

jcjeane1030
2021-09-14

This was a great hostel in a great part of London. It exceeded my expectations. The receptionists were very friendly and check-in was easy. The room was very clean and the bed were not mattresses, some other material which meant they were kept in better condition and didn't sag in the middle. The room was very clean. I like the adjoining bathroom on the 6 bed female dorm I was in. There was one shower and two toilets. The only thing was that there was no sanitary towel bin in the toilets.

daisydaisyemily7159
2021-09-10

Booked and paid the deposit for a female dorm online. I turned up at the location and paid for the room at about 10pm and upon entering with my key I realised that it was a mixed dorm. I went downstairs to ask if there had been a mix up, to be told that they they were fully booked for female dorms and that I couldnt be moved, despite my confirmation email of a female dorm the week before. Had I been made aware via email beforehand, I could have cancelled

paigemarionbrooks2650
2021-09-08

SoHostel is London’s newest and most central hostel for travellers seeking comfortable but affordable accommodation in the heart of the action.
The hostel is owned and managed by One Housing, a large not-for-profit organisation that houses and cares for thousands of people across London and the South East. Opened in November 2014 following a major refurbishment, we offer stylish, clean and secure accommodation for single travellers, couples and groups. As well as bright, contemporary décor with a fun feel, we have a spacious bar-lounge and large reception area for you to relax, meet up with friends and make new ones!
Breakfast is available on-site along with 24 hour vending for your midnight cravings. We offer free basic wifi to all guests in our public areas and across the hostel. We also have washing and drying laundry facilities for guests and a projection TV in our lounge for special events. Most importantly of all, we’re right in the middle of Soho – home to some of London’s best restaurants, bars, nightclubs, cinemas and music venues. We have great shopping on our doorstep too with Oxford Street around the corner and Covent Garden just over 10 minutes’ walk away.
Why spend your holiday time and hard-earned cash on tubes, buses and taxis when you can stay in the heart of the action!

SoHostel is on Dean Street, linking Soho with Oxford Street. Most of the main tourist sights of London are walkable but if you’re feeling lazy, Tottenham Court Road tube station is less than five minutes’ walk away with Oxford Circus not much further. We’re also surrounded by bus routes if you want to see the city from one of our world-famous double deckers.

Address: 91 Dean Street, Westminster, Soho, London, Greater London, England

SoHostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld