Space Hotel, Melbourne

Central
8.4

A True Boutique Hostel

Space Hotel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Space Hotel rated on booking websites?

Space Hotel Reviews

A pleasure

This was my fourth stay at Space. I booked a single room sharing a bathroom. I was upgraded to a queen room with bathroom and big balcony overlooking the city. As usual, the staff were very efficient and friendly, as always. The room looked new, spotless, great aircon, linen, coffee and tea making, wifi, white towels. Best in its range in town by far. Thank you!

Cate
2016-07-16
Age 60 | Australia

Good spot to stay with a moderate price range.

I am older than the clientele that this establishment aims to attract but hey, great place to stay, clean, good facilities, efficient and helpful staff. I recommend the Space Hotel without hesitation.

Jack
2013-10-23
Age 59 | Australia

Great hostel! A bit more pricey but totally worth it.

The location is awesome -- right near many bars and right downtown. The hotel slash hostel is mixed in together which I found created a nice environment. The hotel has very nice and helpful receptionists that are very willing to help you figure out what you want to see as well as give brochures and maps. Hotel has a roof top view of cbd and has a hot tub! Kitchen also has balcony seating. Furthermore hostel beds are comfortable and include awesome lockers with 4 power outlets per person 2 of which are inside the locker by the bed. The only complaint I would have is potentially the bathrooms just being too few, however when I was there it was not a problem. The decor is also great featuring this space station feel. Either way, awesome place.

elie
2013-06-30
Age 20 | USA

Very good hotel!

It's a really good and clean place where to stay, but for a backpacker is not really cheap. Anyway, nothing bad to say about it! Really clean, nice and quiet! It's pretty close to the city center, 5 minutes walk. There is a bar just next to the hotel and it has good deals!

CamiPit
2013-03-24
Age 22 | Italy

The private room was very small. Good that the hotel had a laundry room. The only problem was the air condition int he room that we couldn't turn off and it made such a noise the whole night that we couldn't sleep.

Maria
2012-05-09
Norway

Great value for money, very clean, great staff

Though the hostel was still going through renovations we loved the place, The room was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. To quote my nieces 'the hotel is fully sick'. The place has been totally renovated, with movie room, kitchen and brand new rooms and bathroom facilities. I will definitely stay there again and would recommend the hostel to anyone coming to Melbourne

Sarah
2011-04-21
Australia

Less than impressed

Don't always judge a place by their website, because it can be severely misleading. This hostel should make the fact that they are carrying out major renovations more obvious on their website -- the place is an absolute mess. Out of the three staff I encountered on the desk, only the guy was actually polite. I had to restrain myself from commenting about their rudeness, especially on the phone when I booked. Toilets and showers at times were quite disgusting -- with toilet paper running out and no sanitary bins. I started off in a female dorm and couldnt bear the un-airconditioned rooms, so relocated into a single room, which was a great relief. The location was very handy, but again, will recommend you stay away at least until they finish the building, which has also closed the rooftop common area and severely disabled the kitchen facilities.

2010-10-14
Australia

Excellent Hostel

Ive stayed in victoria hall twice now and will be again very soon. it used to be a bit of a sh*thole, however it has had a complete refurb and I think even new ownership and is now one of the fanciest hostels ive ever been in. A definite flashpackers. The first time I stayed here was in a four-bed dorm complete with individual reading lights, two power sockets for each bunk right next to your pillow huge lockers, and even a privacy screen between the two sets of bunks, which is a nice touch. all very modern and clean fittings. second time I stayed here was in a double with my girlfriend, all I can say is it reminded me more of a hotel then a hostel, huge king size bed, large flat screen on the wall with cable channels no en-suite or though there are doubles available with en-suite I understand. and the shared bathrooms are modern and clean anyway or though they are individual toilets with shower rooms attached, which is a bit different as most hostels have blocks of loos and showers. There are plenty on each floor though so no lines. Other than that The hostel has full cinema on one floor (basically a big room with a huge projection TV and cinema style seating) which is something ive never seen in a hostel. large kitchen and even a gym on the top floor. The staff are also very friendly -- guy on reception even remembered me from my last stay when I was checking in with my girlfriend last time I was there. So yeah, the new victoria hall is the best a hostel can offer.

Andy
2009-08-02
English

After great value and a central location? Stay at Victoria Hall!

Designed as a modern city hostel, we offer your choice of a single, twin, triple, dorm room all with shared bathrooms. Or if you would like a private bathroom, you can choose from our ensuite double room or our rooftop studio apartment.

In addition, you can enjoy our shared TV lounges, snooker and table tennis facilities, open rooftop courtyard, mini kitchens, laundry, undercover car parking and airport shuttle reservations.

Victoria Hall is proud of the fact that our dorms are bunk bed free! Our spacious dorms have single beds, closets, desks & chairs. We also have spacious singles, twins, ensuite and an apartment which can sleep 8. The apartment comes with its own kitchen, bathroom and opens out to a lovely rooftop courtyard with bbq facilities. The accomodation offers an onsite cafe, t.v lounges, study with internet facilities, games room, covered carpark, laundry facilities and a spacious rooftop courtyard with bbq facilities. We've had many international students who've stayed with us continuously for up to 2 years. It's a great place in terms of cleanliness and location. The staff are friendly and the general attitude is relaxed!

Address: 380 Russell Street, Central, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Space Hotel is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Space Hotel Melbourne www.victoriahall.com.au

Gym/Fitness Room

Hot tub/Jacuzzi

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Swimming Pool

Reception Hours: 7 AM to 11 PM (19:00-23:00)

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Space Hotel