Hillside Court

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hillside Court" at 155-159 Hoddle Street.)

155-159 Hoddle Street, Richmond, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
-37.815555, 144.990598 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.facebook.com/pages/Hillside-Court-Accommodation-For-Women/120691587985585
+61 (3) 9428-6698

How is Hillside Court rated on other websites?

Like my home
I stayed here on my friend's recommendation and this is the great place to stay when I was in AUS. Glenn (the manager) is kind -- and like our father!! the place is very clean and keep tidy every time -- I am really happy that Hillside for giving me a home and family during my time in Melbourne. luv it here.
VITA
Age 27, HK
2015-10-28

Friendly, safe, centrally located, and affordable.
I have been living here for the last two years. It is very close to public transport. The accommodation is very comfortable. There's even a swimming pool. Women of all ages reside here. Everyone gets on well and often socialises together. This is home away from home.
Wendy
Age 51, New Zealand
2015-06-28

Home for ladies
Hillside court is unique in that it provides accommodation only for girls from different countries, quickly made me feel at home, Glenn took me cycling, night walking, feed the possums, had scone party and scone making lessons, I have lots of fun staying at hillside and also met many girls who have become life long friends.
Anita Chen
Age 24, New Zealand
2015-06-27

Good accommodation for females
Good accommodation for females I've stayed at hillside more than 8 months during my working holiday in Australia last year. It is a very nice place at reasonable price, convenient location, well equipped kitchen and bedroom. I met lots of nice girls from all over the world. The helpful and kind manager, Glenn, may be the best host in Melbourne as he always provide information of living in Australia and *makes jokes with everyone*. That's really the funniest time of my stay in Australia.
Karen
2015-06-21

Felt like home.
I stayed here twice on my sister's recommendation and I wouldn't have found a better place to stay at when I was in Melbourne. I would say it's the most convenient place of accommodation In the city, both financially and geographically. The Manager is super friendly and tech savvy therefore attends to matters at the earliest. Special love to Monti, the adorable mascot of Hillside Court.
Tharani
Age 19, Sri Lankan
2015-06-21

Great Location and Accommodation
I've stayed at this hostel for nearly 4.5 years now and I feel lucky to be here. Convenient location, close to city, Melbourne Cricket Ground, train and tram stops. Manager is very kind and helpful. I have made very good friends with girls here and the environment is pretty multicultural where we enjoy parties and picnics together. Being a female accommodation I would highly recommend this hostel.
Fareeba
(Pakistan)
2015-06-17

This place was my home
This place was my home for nearly a year. I was in Melbourne several years ago, looking for long-term accommodation while I was on working holiday for a year. Hillside provided me with more than just a space to live -- I made some of the best friends ever, who I'm still in touch with to this day. It's in a great location -- Richmond is awesome, shopping, restaurants ... and the hostel is right by the McG and train station. Glenn, the owner/manager, fostered a sense of family and community in the hostel that made me feel at home in a country that I was unfamiliar with. Some of the girls had a lot of demands (myself included), and he really went above and beyond. I remember enjoying the holiday events he put on, and the walking tours at night that he would have, so the new girls could become familiar with the area. Us girls called him "Papa Glenn." Being in a new country by yourself can be tough. I am really grateful to Hillside for giving me a home and a family during my time in Melbourne. I have very fond memories of it.
Jules
Age 31, Japan
2015-06-11

Not so clean
Just stayed there before moving back east. Its big and in a great location to walk to work, however its not kept very clean. The showers are always with soap scum, there is mold all along the walls & roofs in the bathrooms and the toilets are not cleaned much. The other stayers are nice enough but never leave anything unattended in the kitchen as it will disappear within a few minutes.
Hillside Guest