Momo's Hostel, Tel Aviv

City Center
4.8

Momo's Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Momo's Hostel rated on booking websites?

Momo's Hostel Reviews

Hit or miss

This was my second hostel experience. I found that it was about what I expected. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was a small 1 bed room with tv. I wouldn't have wanted the smaller one this one was plenty small. The walls were really dirty but hey, it's a hostel. My bed and sheets seemed clean and they gave me a free towel to use. My friend had a privet room with shower and his only complaint was he had a cockroach in his room. Overall the place is in a really good location but it's VERY loud at night so i hope your a hard sleeper. There is a laundry mat down the road so that's nice.

2012-04-05

Mean staff, cockroaches

I stayed here for 3 nights in a private room and actually the room was not so bad at all. We had our own washroom and between two people, it came down to $40 USD per night. Unfortunately, the hotel is quite disgusting and has cockroaches all over the place. The showers are impossible to keep dry and you can smell mold all over the place. The staff are mixed, but I have personally seen the manager yell at a young girl and try to charge her more for the room "just because he didn't like her". Staff will give up your room key to anyone if they know your first name, so security is virtually nonexistant. Also, there is a small nightclub next door so you can hear the music quite loud at night. I left and forgot my passport right after I checked out. Nobody let me know it was still in the safety deposit box and I had to cab all the way back there to get it back. I would not stay here again if I could find another hostel.

2011-06-28
Canada

Noisy hostel near the beach

i think its a good place to party, but if you need to get sleep in the night this hostel is not your choice. all the time noise from the busy street outside, the fan on the ceiling and the partying people next door. the small blanket you get is clean, but the bedding does not seem to be so. but bathrooms are nice and clean enough, and the common area is also nice and has a friendly atmosphere.

2010-09-27

A continual party full of mad backpackers and nutters. Loved it!!

Rather run down, proper rough it backpackers hostel. Cheap. Place to party hard and worked from. Have to dodge police regular visa checks. Managed to stay out in Tel Aviv for around 4 year. Came home an alky, was a continual party. loved the beach. Momos somewhere to doss while working and partying. miss the place lots.

ROBBY. Debbie Robinson
2010-08-10
british

Dont bother

The evening receptionist thinks she is something special -- she is not! Even though I speak fluent Ivrit she insists on speaking English. Good location but that is all it has going for it.

2010-07-12
England

Don't go there, the worst place i have ever seen.

stay away from this place, really disgusting. never seen so much dirt before in my entire life. the old city in india looks like a palace if you compare it with this hostel. they should really be ashamed to ask money to tourist for a bed. it is a pity i cannot show you the pica's i made. to show my folks at home, as a warning not to go there ever.

mop kwetsie
2009-09-09
holland

Worst hostel in the world -- stay away from this hostel!

Rating ought to be zero star -- worse than poor. But unfortunately this alternative is not possible here. Slept there for one night in July 2009 and preferred to stay the second already-paid-for-night at the airport. Cheap but not even worth that price. Dirty all over. Rooms are too hot and humid at summer. Air-condition is totally insufficient. The place is a fire-trap. The fan in the room is defect and life threatening. Plaster fall from the ceiling in your head at night. Sheets are nasty and disgusting. Beds are uncomfortable and full of holes. Animals in the bed will bite you at night. Behavior of the staff is rude and not very helpful. Cigarette smoke all over the lounge. My family and I paid 85.65 USD per night for three beds! We would never stay in this hostel again -- not even if they paid us 85.65 USD per night for doing it.

Poul the Dane
2009-07-23
Denmark

Terrible Hostel

Please stay clear of Momo's hostel. It was a depressing experience that I would never do again or recommend to anybody. The place reeked of smoke when you walked in and the staff was helpful but not very friendly or nice about helping out. The room was disgusting and needed a new paint job very badly to cover up the peeling paint and mold growing. In the winter Momo's has no heat, making my room extremely cold and unpleasant to sleep in. The sheets and blankets were covered in stains and all faded and nasty. We did have hot water but the water pressure was bad and the shower head did not stay up. The bathroom also flooded with water after every shower. Breakfast included a stale chocolate croissant and coffee so not enough to get your day started. The people hanging out in the lobby were a little sketchy and appeared to live at Momo's permanently. The hostel did have working internet, which was nice, and the location was pretty good. I would try someplace else if you can find it, even at the low price this place wasn't worth it.

Alex
2009-01-25

Momo's Hostel Reviews from the Web

Expensive for want you get , 6 man so small , and dirty, showers ,horrible , one ,no shower head , the other leaking , basically it's an expensive doss house ,

phjohn19753187
2022-07-24

If you need only a bed and nothing else, this is the one.

The rooms themselves are old and falling apart. Was advertised that there would be breakfast for a small fee but on arrival was told there would be none.

No air conditioning or fan in the room.

Tv didnt work. No extra anything. Literally a bed - this is all.

fh08h2w5604
2022-05-29

Terrible hostel. Everything is dirty and old and then try to nickle and dime you for everything. When I checked out I asked if I could leave my suitcase in their storage for a few hours which is normally free at every hostel I have ever stayed at but they tried to charge me so I just left with it.

alanrichardtanz287
2022-03-18

It was absolutely awful I feel like being kidnapped no proper information about the city , I felt lost

moral_per567266
2022-03-15

The receptionist was extremely unpleasant and rude. The location is next to the road and there is the noise of the cars on the morning, hard not to open the windows on summer when there isn't AC in the room

alonsechan26452
2021-06-17

Liked: Handy to Jaffa, could walk in 20 minutes. Close to beach. Didn't like: Our room on the top floor was nothing like any of their photos. It had repainted and replaced roof tiles. The water marks were still there. Tbey bad just been painted over. It was overpriced for the room. There was very little colour and the view is the back of the building onto the rubish and back of other buildings.

2018-10-20

Liked: Great loclization, nice, helpful people - it is ok for one night. Cheap taxi transfer to the airport. Didn't like: There is no kitchen.

2017-03-05

Liked: Location is great, staff are friendly and the coffee with the breakfast is really good. Didn't like: Could not shut out the draughts and there was no air con in the rooms to warm them up. The room looked shabby and the shower was basic.

2015-12-27

Close to the beach, fair size room. Free wifi and coffee in the morning :D

2015-06-18

Liked: Location, near restaurants, stores and beach. Didn't like: Smoking in patio area adjacent to lobby. With the door open smoke diminished the quality of lobby air.

2015-04-26

Liked: I spent 3 nights at this hotel in april 2015 with a friend and here is my review: ( the maneger asked me to rewiev the place so here it comes)Concidering the level of price which is relatively high compared to European hostels one might expect a bit more and therefore we got disappointed. I have spent much time at hostels so I know what I am talking about :)Overall: 2/6Good things:-The Staff and management appear quite friendly and professional.-Good common rooms-Lovely balcony Didn't like: -The room was quite noisy due to its location next to a busy road.This makes it very hard to get peace and quiet. (The door to the balcony was made of paperthin wood). Why not replace or improve it?- Showers are bad. A very small beam and very hot all of a sudden. Why not improve it?-Experience of power failure at nighttime- No wifi- signal in the room ( a minor thing of course) Use a repeater

2015-04-07

Liked: Cheap Didn't like: Corny

2014-06-16

Liked: Happy atmosphere Didn't like: Shlomo didn't warn me dead pig was coming on the breakfast menu. I withheld my real identity as Reb Yankel when registering.

2014-06-07

Liked: . Didn't like: .

2014-03-25

Liked: Good location and good value for Israel Didn't like: basic rooms which are looking a bit shabby

2014-02-07
Liked: The hostel is in the city centre and very close to the beach , cafes, bars and grocery shops.

The hostel personnel is very hospitable and helpful. In the morning you can get coffee and croissant BUT the place where you eat is a smoking area. Disliked: We had two rooms one at the ground floor - with very old stuff, (broken bed) dirty and freezing cold (Decmeber), and another one at the first floor - quite OK. The room no 1 is awful very small, dark, dirty and neglected.

Katarzyna Widerak
2014-01-26

I belive this is a hostel just to spent the night, doesnt have a backpacker enviroment.

Daniel
2014-01-13
Colombia

...it would be so easy and helpful for guest to have at least a hook in the shower ..and sleeping area ..to hang up towels etc..in short....the attention to small details is simple. important...but missed by this and many hostels....which leaves the guest, or, more importantly, customers, with the impression that there is not due care...and the result can be and usually is poor reviews...recommendations as a place of last resort...

daniel
2014-01-03
Canada
Liked: Really great location, very helpful staff and so reasonably priced. Exceptionally clean and probably the best place we stayed in Israel at this price range. Disliked: Nothing
Customer review
2013-11-01

On the homepage the picture looks like beeing directly by the beach - photoshop makes it possible!

Furthermore we slept directly above a noisy bar with the bass booming until late night.

Stefan
2011-12-11
Germany

Momo's hostel has recently celebrated its 26th anniversary and is very well known.
The best place for a budget traveler in Tel Aviv. close to the good bars in Tel Aviv, 2 min walk from the beach, and the markets.

We offer private triple, double and single rooms, and dormitory rooms which range in size from 6 to 8 beds.
There are lockers in the dorm rooms and safes at reception.
If you are looking to have a great time and meet new people, Momo's is the place for you.

Momo's Bar is where you can meet other travelers, enjoy our good music and our nice environment. All prices are affordable.
Our helpful staff will be glad to help in any time.
We look forward to seeing you.

• From Ben -Gurion Airport, take a train to Tel Aviv "Savidor" (centre), from there take bus no.10 to El-Al building. We're on 28 Ben Yehuda st, opposite the bus stop.
• From Tel Aviv central bus station, take bus no.4 and get off on the 2nd stop of Ben Yehuda st.

Address: Ben Yehuda 28, City Center, Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv-Yafo), Tel Aviv District, Israel

Momo's Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Momo's Hostel Tel Aviv (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 972 3 5287421