Hayarkon 48 Hostel, Tel Aviv

City Center
8.4

your hostels in Tel Aviv

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is Hayarkon 48 Hostel rated on booking websites?

Hayarkon 48 Hostel Reviews

Great place to stay

I really enjoyed being able to walk from the hostel to the beach in a couple of minutes. I was in a 6 person dorm. The bed was quite comfortable and there was enough space for our stuff. The bathrooms were clean and looked quite new. The dining area and lounge were good for meeting people. There's a nice breakfast included in the price. I thought this hostel was good value and would recommend it to others.

Michael
2014-11-26
UK

Really enjoyed my stay ...

Stayed at Hayarkon 48 twice during my trip to Israel. The hostel has a great location, just 1 block from the beach. The facility was very clean, and well maintained. The common areas were quite large, with the living room area having a large flat screen with satellite service, and also a pool table. The kitchen is also very large, with 2 refrigerators to store your food. I stayed in the dorms, and loved the balcony off each room. The bathroom and shower facilities are great, with huge showers that always had hot water. I really enjoyed my time there and would definitely stay again, when next in Tel Aviv.

Bruce
2013-01-10

Perfect location, helpful and kind staff

everything was fine.

Otschi
2012-05-11
Germany

Excellent value, location, & service with helpful staff

This was my 1st experience staying at a hostel. My reservations at Hayarkon 48 were for an entire month. Unfortunately, I arrived one day later than what my reservations stated and as a consequence my reservation was canceled. The receptionist eventually was able to find a spot for me even though the hostel was full. It is located just one short block from the beach and the bus stop is around the corner. I had no problem navigating directly from the airport to the train, to the bus to the hostel which was a great start for my trip to TLV. The facilities are cleaned daily, and not just mopped. The staff always seemed to be calm and friendly when addressing their visitors. A month is a bit long to stay in one place (for me) with 3 other room mates, but it was pretty good!

Pavlos
2012-05-08
United States

Great organisation costs a lot

well it is the best organized hostel ive been too, but its going to cost you. even if you want to leave your backpack -- which is kind off an unspoken agreement between backpackers and hostels that you can always leave some of the stuff there for a couple of hours or days. for me three days of leaving my staff in the hostel was more expensive then a return ticket to Jerusalem! however if you have the money it is really a great hostel, everything you need they thought of before you realized you needed, including phones, internet, kitchen and baskets for food for everyone, and a bin for disposing batteries. The staff is really great and will give you information on everything. the only problem is that for those prices the hostel really should invest in some new mattresses and sheets.

2010-12-09
Croatia

Heard this place used to be amazing but ...

this place is disgusting! A group of us (about 15) went here. They up the rate 15 NIS per person if you want A/C. The catch is that we didn't think we'd need it being that the temp. wasn't too hot outside. For those of us who wanted to save $, they crammed us into a room with four bunks at the top of the hostel, four or five floors up. Being that heat rises, we were sweating throughout the night w/ an A/C staring at us from the ceiling. We figured it would cool down but it didn't. There is a cleaning person, but someone should tell him to go back to school or hire a right-hand (wo)man. Our friends who paid for A/C had a small room as well, one floor below. On the plus side they have a great comp. in the lobby that is like personal concierge. if you want reg. internet tho, get ready to pull out the wallet again or personal device. Some of us did get a few bites from what we presume to be bedbugs. Color = dim grey.

RainBoW
2010-11-01
US

Awesome

I loved this hostel. I visited three of the hostels in TA and this one was by far my favorite. I stayed here throughout the summer of 2006 and I met some awesome characters here. There really is no security but I never had a problem with that. The beer sold in the hostel is way over priced but I spent many awesome nights playing pool at the pool table.

Alli
2009-06-28

Israeli Hostel with No-Israelis policy

First of all, I never got beyond the reception desk of this hostel. I'm a Jerusalem resident and was visiting Tel-Aviv for a day. Obviously I didn't have a foreign passport on me but only my regular Israeli ID (Teudat Zehut). Because Hayarkon hostel's house policy doesn't allow Israelis in the dorms, I couldn't get a dorm bed but was offered only a single room for 350 shekels a night (air-conditioned dorm was 95 shekels). The reception clerk even asked me if I had a foreign passport on me, so he could check me in with that. It didn't matter to him if I'm a permanent resident/citizen or not as long as I would comfort his feelings with a foreign identification. Just what the hell is this policy good for? Sure it keeps local criminals out but it's not like all Israelis are criminals and all foreigners are not. Perhaps the hostel owners think that Israelis who are not from Tel-Aviv are all willing to pay crazy amounts of money for a night in a random beach hostel. But I doubt that this is the case. If you're traveling with an Israeli ID avoid this place. Pick one out of a dozen other hostels in the area. They might look like sh*t holes sometimes but at least they'll let you in.

Ralph
2009-06-18
Israel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel Reviews from the Web

Nice atmosphere and super friendly staff!

alinaivan934315
2020-03-09

Very friendly place with a nice communal feel. Clean facilities. The staff is very strict about check out and will make it known if they feel you are staying past your welcome. Despite that it is still a very nice place I would stay at again.

rbork20179850
2020-03-06

good for the price. Dont expect too much. If you want it very silent its definitely the wrong place

jonnnyy25
2020-03-05

Only good thing I can think of is the location of the hostel itself, as for the rest:

- Dirty blankets, very uncomfortable bed.

- No hot water in the shower during the morning

- I paid a private room, which intuitively you expect to have a bit more comfort, BUT the private room was located right beside the luggage storage room, common area, and reception, so you get the SUM all these noise directly in your room.

Overall, next time I visit Tel Aviv, I will AVOID this place.

William1227
2019-12-31

Liked: Ok staff Didn't like: Atmosphere. Noise.

2016-12-21

Liked: Location to the beach, shower Didn't like: Terrible bed, bed sheets full of hair (even though they gave us clean sheets at check in), room was super loud from the street traffic

2016-03-13

Liked: Friendly and helpful staff Didn't like: Beds were small and unstable. Matress had stains on it

2015-10-30

Liked: It's an amazning hostel. One of my favourites ever. The locations is perfect, 1 minute walk to the beach, the staff is nice and sweet, and I always meet nice people there. Breakfast amazing, with eggs and loads of vegetables. Didn't like: Not a big problem, but it would be nice to have tea/coffee all day, instead of only brekfast.

2015-10-12

The personal was very friendly. They will help you by every question. So have a try there and you will love it.

Andrea
2015-10-08

Liked: Best location ever. Nice people. Didn't like: The didn't have lockers so you had to pay for that separately.

2015-08-09

This hostel is very very nice especially if you like the beach. it's about 5 min away from jerusalem beach. The rooms were clean and so were the facilities. there was a great atmosphere! the fridges might have been to small for so many people but one could live with it. the staff was very nice and helpful. the rooftop terrace was wonderful also. BUT if you are not - what we called - a baby-american you should call ahead and ask how many birthright-kids are currently staying in the hostel. these hormone driven kids can be very loud, very annoying and make your stay less nice if you are over the age of 25 and your priorities are not focused on getting drunk or layed.

I loved my stay at hayarkon hostel and will certainly come back

Michaela
2015-06-11

I really recommand this hostel. The staff is nice, helpful and well organised. However the location I think is the best: just right on the beach!:)

Anna
2015-06-02
Poland

Liked: Amazing hostel. Staff is friendly, clean facilities. Didn't like: N/A

2015-06-01

Liked: Liked that they had security lockers for free. Just bring your own lock. Maps were free and highlighted important things nearby. Literally right across the street from the beach. They even have have basket of sunscreen you can use for free which is nice cause it's expensive. Great kitchen for use. Free veggies and eggs and toast in the morning was sweet. Didn't like: Hostel bookers says towels included but they do charge a small fee. Also, they say they have air conditioning and they do, but they don't activate it until June 1 for some reason... I was there in late May and it was 37 degrees Celsius. They should've turned the ac on...

2015-05-31

Liked: Central location (very close to the beach area), breakfast included (rough but it's okay), nice and friendly staff. Sunlight protection for public use was very helpful. Didn't like: The beds in dorm rooms are small and not very comfortable. The whole property is rather worn out and needs some renovation.

2015-05-06

Liked: Nice,quiet, clean Didn't like: Everything,was,good!

2015-05-01

Liked: Had hot water Didn't like: Annoying wanker that kept snoozing his alarm in the morning.

2015-04-10

Sehr sauber, freundlich und den Strand fast vor der Haustr, gerne wieder

Andreas
2015-03-21

I did liked this Hostel and it´s correctly and nice.

zeitlos-14@t-online.de
2014-10-22

Clean, great location, great kitchen, lot's of stuff to do.

Karolyn

* Storage / Lockers.
* Laundry Facilities.
* T.V room.
* Free pool table.
* Fully equipped kitchen with dinning room.
* Summer Roof top overlooking the Mediterranean.
* Work opportunities in Tel-Aviv.
* Friendly and helpful staff.
* Clean spacious private showers on each floor level.
* Constant hot water.
* A variety Dorms 4-6 beds per room.
* A variety of Private / Double rooms.
* Parking for Motorcycles and bicycles.
* All prices include a small continental breakfast.
* All this and much more is provided as well as a very high standard for accommodating budget travelers.
* Our staff will always be willing to provide information and assistance.
* All rooms bathrooms and general areas are cleaned daily - Bed linen is provided. Most of the rooms have balconies some over looking the Mediterranean.

• How to get to Hayarkon 48 Hostel:
• From the Air-port - Take the train to the first station in Tel Aviv, "HaHagana", cross the street and take bus no. 16 to the corner of Allenby and Hayarkon st. At night take a taxi from the airport and ask to put on the meter.
• Trains : http://www.israrail.org.il/english/index.html
• From Tel-Aviv central bus station:
• Bus No.4, 16, 31 Bus No.4 get of at the first stop on Ben-Yehuda St.
• Bus No.31,16 get of at Allenby St.
• From Tel-Aviv central railway station (Arlozorov):
• Bus No. 10 get off at Allenby St.

Address: Hyarkon street, 48, City Center, Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv-Yafo), Tel Aviv District, Israel

Hayarkon 48 Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld

Website Hayarkon 48 Hostel Tel Aviv www.hayarkon48.com
Phone Number: +972 3 5168989

Family-Friendly Hostel

Safe Deposit Box

Lockers in Lobby (15 ILS)

Luggage Storage (15 ils)

Yoga Classes

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Maximum Stay: 14 nights

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Hayarkon 48 Hostel