Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro

Ipanema
7.9

Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema rated on booking websites?

Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Disgusting Service

The staff was unfriendly and rude. whats more, the whole hostel was dirty.

Leila
2010-03-08
Argentina

Outstanding!

We stayed there in August 2008 and i was very impressed. When you first hear the word, "hostel" it kind of makes you cringe because of the movie but i would definitely stay there again. the food was great, the rooms were clean, and the staff were awesome. it was just a couple blocks from the beach and not far from downtown and the fairs. I would probably learn a little more Portuguese if i went back.

Tami
2008-09-23

For the price I paid, I expected more

I had stayed at another of this chain of hostels and didn't like it too much and decided to give the Ipanema branch a try. Well, my opinion didn't change much! The accommodations were ok, this place is very noisy at night -- don't go there if you value sleep because you certainly won't get any! A girl in my dorm broke her leg coming down from the top bunk, her friend ended up taking her to the hospital and as far as I know, the hostel didn't offer any kind of help. My big pet peeve with the Che Lagarto chain is the breakfast. They only serve it at 9 AM. There are people who like to get up early and get started on sight-seeing and/or other things. On the first morning I had to implore the receptionist just to get some black coffee and a piece of cake around 8:40. On the second morning I was determined to stay for breakfast, there was no bread. The morning receptionist was running late and the people who were there didn't have a clue what to do. It's like, is it only the receptionist who can call a bakery and order some bread? The internet while I was there was down for both days. You pay for the location, that's about it.

Leila Pereira
2007-07-23
Brazil

I visited here in April 2007. This one on Paul Redfern is the best one, a few blocks from the beach, in a fun bar district, and a safer area. Hostel staff helped me locate alternate accomodation on short notice.

TexasDoug
2007-04-03

It was great to visit Rio de Janeiro, coming from the Amazon Region from a wild region. I confess that I was a bit afraid of a big city like Rio de janeiro, but be sure that everybody from Che Lagarto/Ipanema and from Copacabana made me feel very, very safe here.

Amazon Gero Tours (Gero ) www.amazongerotours.com
2006-11-14

in my five months in latin america it was the worst hostel. To describe the poor quality of services I would need ten days. sorry I dont have time for this. just one thing -- dont believe the information they have a kitchen -- it is a lie, like almost everything in their propaganda. For example, they said that they have a air condition in the room, just they forgot to say that they put air condition on just after 10 p.m., so the rooms are sauna during the day.

perro
2006-08-25

We really liked this hostel... it was clean and the rooms were nice. The bar downstairs was a good place to hang out but the hostel is really noisy at night, so don't come here if all you want is a good night's sleep. The staff were really friendly but some were more helpful than others. The system for getting in and out in the evenings is a real pain, going through the bar and past the bouncers with bits of paper. They also didn't have our booking which we'd made via their Web site when we arrived, but it wasn't a problem as there was plenty of space.

Sarah, Ireland
2005-10-16

Che Lagarto is a clean hostel located only 5 minutes from the beach. But, the place focuses too much on the bar and not on the service. It is the first house I ever been to that I had to go by a bouncer to get into at night. The morning staff is incompetent. I tried to sign my friend and I up for a football game on a Saturday and was told by two staff members that the game was on that day. After waiting for the van to come pick us up, I asked the guy at the reception if he was sure if the game was on Saturday. After being told yes, he changed his mind and said the game was on Sunday at 2:30. When I showed up on Sunday at 2:30, the same guy told us we missed the bus that left at 2:00. If you have to deal with the reception, wait until night when the more experienced staff members are there. Only stay at this hostel if you are a big partyer.

Robert S.
2005-05-26

Che Lagarto Rio it´s located on the best part of Ipanema, 300mts from the beach, one block from the Lagoa and 200mts from the most important bars and restaurants of Rio de Janeiro.

We are in the heart of Rio most fashionable area, surrounded by bars, restaurants and clubs; however you don't even need to go that far!! Downstairs have a great bar to getting in the mood for clubbing or drinking till late with friends.

We know staying with us will make your visit to Rio an unforgettable experience!!!
Che Lagarto offers you the best facilities and services, in the most fashionable part of the city, so to make your stay in Ipanema unforgettable we offer:

At Che Lagarto Hostels everyone wants to have fun, make new friends, get on well together and learn about different cultures and ways of life. If we are sure of one thing, it is that you are never going to experience anything quite like our hostels!!!

Address: Rua Paul Redfern 48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Phone Number: (5521) 2512-8076

Currency Exchange

Elevator/Lift

Walking Tours

Checkout: 12:00 (12 Noon)

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema