George Street Private Hotel, Sydney

8.4

your hostels in Sydney

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

George Street Private Hotel Reviews

Clean, basic, fair

Stayed in a single "room" (actually about the size of a closet) on the george street side. A bit noisy and small, but that is to be expected for the price. Otherwise a great place to stay -- clean, private, friendly staff, and very reasonably priced. if you're on a budget and need basic accommodation, this is the place for you.

Gypsy
2008-01-23

My friend and I stayed a month at this hostel and came back again! It's very clean, lovely staff -- especially the cleaners! It's close to everything, five minutes to Central Station, ten minutes to Darling Harbour, five minutes to Hyde Park. If you prefer to stay in a quiet hostel that does not have drunken idiots keeping you up all night this hostel is perfect! It's very reasonably priced considering its location.

Laura
2007-02-26

I spent a total of 11 nights here at Christmas 2005 and after the new year 2006. I highly recommend the George Private. The location is super desirable and convenient to major attractions. The hotel seemed very well managed and the staff treated me exceptionally well. My e-mail inquiries regarding lodging prior to my arrival in Sydney always received a prompt response. The amenities were basic, some rooms were small, and the decor lacked style. However, the George always felt very clean and safe. If I ever return to Sydney, I would definitely stay here again. A better choice for budget lodging is not likely to be found.

Michael McC. from Chicago
2006-02-14

Really good place to stay, slap bang in the middle of all the action, and well priced. Being above a takeaway and internet cafe (24hr) has its benefits for late night drunken munchies and drunken emails!!!

2005-07-26

I travel to Sydney from Perth on regular family visits and stay at this place frequently. It's clean, friendly and extremely well sited in George Street, adjacent to everything, including buses, trains, and tourist bits.

2005-07-21

I have just recently stayed at this hotel and my first impressions were not that spectacular. But we stayed our six nights and found the beds to be incredibly comfortable, and it was very central to the inner city of Sydney. I also found no problem with the noise as previous e-mails had suggested. It was really clean and tidy. Enjoy your stay; it was so central.

2005-07-20

Great value, clean hotel. We stayed here for quite a while and I did a bit of promotional work for the manager, who is really friendly. The hotel is in a good location, right in the heart of all the action next door to an Internet cafe and Scruffy Murphy's Irish Bar, where you will get bargain meals. It was so good we bought the hotel staff a leaving gift!

Lisa-Marie and Sarah
2004-12-30

Stay at the back of the hotel. While the food smell is annoying from the pizza place downstairs, there's less noise from George Street. The staff and conditions are great. I would stay there again.

Tom