Scotty's Beach House

Sorry this hostel has closed.

But wait! There are other hostels in Mission Beach...

Mission Beach Hostels

How is Scotty's Beach House rated on other websites?

This place was an absolute nightmare -- bedbugs in the beds, cats in the kitchen, toenails in the bed, cockroaches in the bathrooms, bottles in the swimming pool, vomit on our doorstep the next morning. staff very unfriendly and unhelpful. very depressing atmosphere and it was the worst place we stayed in since we left Sydney four weeks ago. Most definitely not the place to stay if you have any standards.
Experienced Backpacker
(Irish)
2007-05-11
  It's a very nice hostel, big, colourful, and lots of space and right across the beach. What I didn't like that much was that the owners really exaggerate with having to take one's shoes off. I had slippers and they wouldn't even let me wear those. C'mon! Also they have a video camera in the kitchen to check if everyone puts away their dishes properly. I can understand that but isn't it a bit much?
Mirjam
2006-08-03
  Stayed here for three days. Had a really relaxing atmosphere but found that people didn't really mix that much but was great to chill out after working for two months. The beach was a few minutes away and one of the nicest beaches i have seen on the east coast, always deserted and quiet, great for us to chill and the weather was great. Scotty's bar was nice for a beer and some food. The hostel arranged a night out into town for a line dancing night which was actually really funny (we were drunk). Although i found that the staff were really friendly to us the day we arrived as they they were rounding up people to take part, but then didn't seem that friendly the next day! Our room was okay but it can get quite noisy outside.
Nicki
2006-07-09
  This place was pretty crap. Totally soulless, uncomfortable beds, and really nothing to do there except sleep. Can get very noisy at night since all rooms face the courtyard and pool area. Wouldn't recommend.
Sarah
2006-05-25
  Friendly enough, can be a little noisy at times. Good facilities, clean, and right on the beach.
Holly
2006-02-25
  I had an awful night staying here. I paid extra for a double room and we were kept awake all night by a rampant girl from the Oz bus, doing things with her other half so loudly that she woke everyone up. One of the other people asked her to keep it down and she was sworn at and told to get a life. The private rooms had absolutely no privacy; I might as well have stayed in dorms. I should have stayed somewhere else.
Emma
2005-10-24
  We absolutely loved staying here!! Our room was clean and the staff really took care of us. Everyone was beyond friendly and we had a great time out at the bar that is connected to the hostel. This place has a great atmosphere and really good-looking staff (at least when we were there), which is an added bonus!
Amalia
2005-06-14
  Whilst at Scotty's we had hardly any sleep due to noisy neighbors banging on everyone's door. The staff failed to notice this and took no action. We were also advised by the management to use the safe. Little did we know there was a "cat burglar" who was known to visit Scotty's frequently. We were not warned about this, and on our last night the burglar tried to break into a number of rooms. The rooms were not cleaned at any time during our three-night stay, and we had to put deposits down for cutlery. All in all, the stay was awful!
2005-04-16

Sorry this hostel has closed.

But wait! There are other hostels in Mission Beach...

Mission Beach Hostels