Brigittenau Youth Palace, Vienna

Brigittenau
8.5

Brigittenau Youth Palace is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com Booking.com

How is Brigittenau Youth Palace rated on booking websites?

Brigittenau Youth Palace Reviews

Comfortable accommodation but lacks character and terrible location

Quote: "the 410 bed hostel backs on to the Donauinsel, Europe's longest man-made beach, on the banks of the Danube." This is complete fiction. The location is dreadful. The hostel is located in the middle of a public housing estate, 15 minutes walk from the Donau/Danube which is a dirty, ugly industrial waterway. There is NO man-made beach anywhere here, only a concreted path along the riverbank. When we returned to the hostel, the staff confirmed we had been been to the right place. Dinner is not served after 7 pm, at 6:50 pm the remaining food was overcooked slop, like hospital food, and there was no choice of menu. Furthermore, the guest computers in the hostel lounge are virtually unusable and if you need to do laundry, you have to ride the bus for 25 minutes across the city. Apart from being clean and safe, this was the most unappealing hostel I have experienced in many years, it reminded me of government youth camps in eastern Europe in the 1970s. Brigittenau is not suitable for individual travelers at all, only for big school groups.

Philip
2012-06-08
Australia

Excellent

they have new rooms with private facilities and no bunk beds for a sensational price.

willy
2010-07-26
Austrian

Shock

We were staying in Brigittenau hostel for two nights. I'm sorry, but It was awful! Since we were a large group, we were separated in rooms with six beds, our professors with one bed. Maybe smaller rooms were great, but the big ones. It was very unclean; the sheets were ironed, but covered up with all kinds of stains of body fluids, so we didn't sleep in our pyjamas, but with our clothes on. The bathroom was, however, ok -- clean. The food too, I can't complain. Vienna was lovely, it's one of my favourite cities, but coming back to our rooms every night -- It was simply disgusting.

Rea
2008-07-18
Croatia

Nice hotel in Vienna. I stay in double room with really comfortable bed, rather small but with own bathroom. Very clean and comfortable. Average facilities, big common room, but not much life. Seems that hosts a lot of travelling groups rather than individual travellers. Staff amazing, very helpful and friendly, help you by any way. Location --sisadvantage for someone visiting first time Vienna. Not very near to center. you have to familiarize with subway and night buses.There is a huge shopping mall in the subway stop (five minute walk from the hostel) that is open till late for food/drink. I really like the hostel, but it is recommended rather for regular visitors of Vienna that are looking for a very good but cheap place to rest than of tourists that want to be in the heart of the city.

Andrew
2006-07-22

Very clean and pleasant atmosphere. My double room was cramped, but had a private bathroom! The staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast spread is really nice. This hostel seems more family oriented -- there were a lot of little kids there. The only downside to this hostel is that it is not in the greatest location. With all the stops, it's probably a twenty-minute ride into the city center via tram.

Emily
2006-06-06

Although this hostel was clean, friendly, and a great price (14 euros) it was institutional and difficult to find. Location wise, you can get there by public transit but it will take awhile. We had to take the U-bahn all the way from the train station to nearly the last stop and then walk about 6 blocks in the dark. The building is large but the sign can't be seen from across the street. Generally, the hostel is quiet but be prepared for student groups who frequent the place. We had a small room to ourselves with clean dorm style bathrooms down the hall so we were happy. If you are into partying, this isn't the hostel for you. The hostel is not really near any good places to eat or anything else interesting. They offer free breakfast and you can pay to eat lunch and dinner there. The food is good, but be prepared to wait in line. Overall, we would probably go back if we had to, but it wasn't our favorite.

Emine
2005-10-31

This hostel is nice, clean, friendly, quiet, and as comfortable as you can imagine at such a place. It's not so busy in January. I had whole room to myself for 18 euros, and I didn't have to wait for coffee in the morning. :-) It's close to the train/underground station Handelskai easy access to the rest of the city. It's right next door to Planet Music club, which has frequent rock/metal shows, so it's recommended if you go there. I made an online reservation directly from a link on their page.

Martin
2005-02-06

This place is quite good! They have two buildings, and I was fortunate enough to stay at the smaller, newer one across the road. A friend and I got a big 2-person room, with a shower and toilet. I believe I paid something like 17,50 euro, or something. The location is ok. It's just a walk to the U-bahn (Handelskai) or take the Strassenbahn (tram, number 21 or the N). The only downside was the very long line every morning for breakfast--I stayed for 4 nights and had to wait at least 10-15 minutes every morning to get myself some bread and coffee! Anyway, I would go back in the future!

Jasper
2004-07-26

Our guests will be accommodated in rooms with 2 to 6 beds (bunkbeds), mostly equipped with private shower/toilet. Your personal safety is guaranteed by an electronic key-system, a state of the art fire-alert system, lockable cabinets for your personal belongings and a 24 hours opened reception (no curfew).

A huge garden, a lobby with cable-TV and other leisure facilities are also parts of our service and at your disposal. A public Internet acces is your connection to the WWW. On your arrival/departure day a luggage store room is at your disposal (free of charge!) A bycicle store room is also available.

Our catering-service offers daily meals, including 3 course dinners and lunches, with a choice of regular or vegetarian entrees. The service is always friendly, quick and reasonably priced.

A multipurpose room (which can also be splited in 3 smaller units) for groups between 10-220 people is available for all kind of events such as meetings, seminars or conferences.

Video of Brigittenau Youth Palace

Here is a video of Brigittenau Youth Palace. The video gives you a better understanding of what you can expect.

Address: Adalbert-Stifter-strasse 73, Brigittenau, Vienna (Wien), Vienna, Austria

Brigittenau Youth Palace is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Brigittenau Youth Palace Vienna (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +43 1 33 282 94

Elevator/Lift

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Genders: Males & Females

Maximum Stay: 7 nights

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Brigittenau Youth Palace