Bob's Youth Hostel, Amsterdam

Centrum
7.0

your hostels in Amsterdam

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is Bob's Youth Hostel rated on booking websites?

Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

It can be better.

The place is very small and a little uncomfortable, we had to spent 5 days there and the third day we wanted to leave already because there's no way to really rest in there, however, people there made the experience better for all of us.

Danielle
2020-04-08

Good location, but overall awful hostel

Our 18 bed dorm had horrible lighting (like two lights for the whole room). We didn't even have lighting where our beds were, so we were forced to use our cell phone lights during the night just to get into bed. Beds were uncomfortable, and room was hot and humid the whole time. Often woke up sweating during the night. The water barely drained in the shower room, so if you weren't quick in the shower the room would begin to overflow. Not to mention they had nowhere to put shampoo, so your choice was either to put them on the floor or try to situate them on the small sink. During our stay our locker, along with two others', were broken into. The "common room" was very small and dirty. There was nothing to do except listen to music. No kitchen. You could give the staff a bag to store in the fridge, or stuff to microwave. That was about it. By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Would never stay here again. Staff was very unhelpful as well. Only good quality about this hostel was its location. That is it.

2016-01-19
Age 23 | USA

Fantastic and Nice Place. Enjoy now.

#
amal
2015-10-04
Age 32 | Sri Lanka

A tad below decent

This was only my second time in a hostel and I traveled with 7 people. Bob's was accommodating by letting us all stay in the same room. We stayed on the top floor and shared a room for 10 people and across the hall from us was a room of probably 4-6 people. We all shared one toilet and two showers that had sinks and mirrors in them. It was surprisingly not as gross as I expected but privacy was very limited and getting ready was a little bit of a struggle for girls I would suggest bringing a mirror to get ready. The beds were comfy but the room was hot but location was good and that's pretty much all we were looking for and that's what we got. The people who work the front desk are just ok and the lounge is very small but the hostel works as a fine place to sleep and the rooms are pretty big (thank god cause so many people are in them).

Lizzie
2015-07-20
Age 20 | United States

Best hostel I stayed in in Amsterdam

Let me preface this by saying I made the mistake of staying at two hostels very far from the city center the first two days, so Bob's was immediately better due to its close proximity to everything I wanted to do (many trams stop outside of Bob's and it's a close walk to the Red Light District.) Bob's small reception area makes it easy to meet new people -- spent every day going out with different people I met at the hostel. Free tea/coffee in the morning is nice. Rooms have nice murals, kinda crappy bathrooms. Receptionists are pretty good DJs which is nice.

Jesse
2015-06-22
Age 21 | USA

Basic and Small

We booked an 8 person dorm for 6 of us. They ended up screwing up our reservation and ended up in a 10 person room on the top floor with no air conditioning. There was only one toilet for the top floor, which consisted of 16 people in all. They no longer serve breakfast, only positive was that they have good wifi.

Marcus
2015-06-07
Age 22 | USA

Decent

I was a little disappointed that there weren't any shared kitchen facilities to do my own cooking, which meant eating simple foods I could put together w/o a cutting board/stovetop or eating out. Not the end of the world, everything else about the hostel was good. I stayed in a very large room, but the lockers were plenty big for my baggage, shower was good as well. Outside of the lack of kitchen I would stay again.

Timothy
2012-10-04

AWESOME

This hostel was great if you want a place to keep your stuff safe and also to just chill and smoke in the lounge. The beds were small and bunked. The bathrooms were clean and the shower was very nice. The smoking lounge is by far the best part of the hostel with really nice staff and great music.

Phil
2012-05-09

Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews from the Web

Liked: Great location

Good price compared to other hostels in the area

Common area is nice

No curfew Didn't like: No kitchen

Noise from outside even with the window closed

2018-10-14

Liked: El personal fue genial todo el tiempo y las instalaciones siempre estn limpias y son muy espaciosas!

Gracias Didn't like: Ahhh todo bien

2018-06-12

Liked: I liked the location and the size of the lockers available in your dorm room. Didn't like: The shower wasnt the cleanest, had to make sure i wore sandals when showering!

2017-06-20

Cleaner than I expected and was a good place to stay

2016-10-20

Liked: Brilliant team!!! Thank 4your patients & time I.my humbled. Peace & love Didn't like: Zero

2016-09-06

Liked: Location and free coffee was good. Didn't like: We were staying in a dorm. Garbage of previous travelers was still in the room (top of the cupboard full of cans, bottles etc.), bathrooms were dirty too. Not Even a table or chair in the room. Windows Are not to open, aircond was extremley loud, no way to have that running while you want to sleep. You can imagine 6 people in a room with no window open at night...

2016-09-01

Liked: Lo mejor de este hostal es su ubicacin cntrica, muy cercano a la mayora de puntos de inters en el centro de la ciudad Didn't like: No me pareci muy limpio. Durante toda mi estancia no limpiaron la habitacin ni una sola vez y el bao estaba muy sucio

2016-08-21

Liked: Cheap Didn't like: N/a

2016-08-18

Liked: location, morning coffe Didn't like: diffrente building

2016-08-17

Very central location in the area. Easy to find from the Central Train Station. Good security of entry and lockers available. Facilities basic but clean and value for money. Excellent wifi in the lounge, where coffee beer and water are available.

2016-06-22

what a fuckin awesome hostel! people of the world, YOU HAVE to pass there urs fuckin high times!! Enjoy Amsterdam, enjoy bob's youth hostel!! i'll came back in a few months!! thank u guys!

Riccardo
2011-04-05
Italy

good for the position but nothing else.... crowded rooms with little space and cabinets to improve... do not trust young people who sleep all day .... because someone wretch has stolen my slippers!!!!

Marco
2011-03-14
Italy

the location is good, its in the city center... but the room was dirty and with rats :S there are just one toilet and one shower for one complete floor but if u need something really cheap u can go there. the prices are really low.

katherine
2011-01-06
Colombia

Welcome to Bob's Youth Hostel! The coolest place in town ;)

Over 30 years ago, Bob decided he wanted a hostel. A youth hostel that is, where young people from all over the world could sleep under the cleanest of sheets without having to pay too much!

Today, Bob's is still a cool place with nice people on a central location. Our 2 buildings are typically-old-Dutch & especially charming. This means that there are no elevators and that our stairs are Amsterdam-like steep. We offer the cheapest beer in town, good music and a free and relaxing atmosphere. Besides that we have a very friendly staff that will always be helpfull showing you the non-touristy, or if you like the touristy, places of Amsterdam.

Here are some details on Bob's dormitories:
- No curfew!
- Clean linen is included
- The reception is open from 08:00 AM until 03:00 AM.
- If you need to check out between 03:00AM and 08:00AM, please check out before 03:00AM. on your last night.
- Bar open from 8am to 3am with the cheapest beer in town!
- Free use of lockers to store your bags (deposit required for the key)
- Free use of common luggage room
- Check-in starts at 2 PM / 14:00h. You can leave luggage in a luggage room before that time.
- Check-out between 08:00AM and 10:30 AM
- You can pay in cash or by card, if you pay by card we will ask for an extra 2% on top of the price to be paid.

Please note that:
- We have age restrictions; we can not accept people under 18 or above 30 years old.
- The 7% and 3 euros per person per night tourist tax has to be payed upon arrival.
- If your booking exceeds 1000 euros we will ask you to transfer the money in advance.
- If your booking is made for a private dorm or exceeds the amount of 8 people we will ask you to pay together.
- In the weekend we have a minimum-stay for reservations of 2 nights.

• Bob was wise in choosing his location. Tramline 1, 2, 5, 13 and 17 stop right in front of the door.
• From Centraal Station take one of these trams and get of at the first stop.
• The address is:
• Bob's Youth Hostel
• Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92
• 1012 SG
• Amsterdam

Address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, Centrum, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

Bob's Youth Hostel is listed on the following booking sites: