Chicago Parthenon Hostel, Chicago

Downtown
7.4

Chicago Parthenon Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Chicago Parthenon Hostel rated on booking websites?

Chicago Parthenon Hostel Reviews

Your friendly staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We appreciated the quick tutorial of Chicago's public transportation. Our room was adequate for the price we paid, and ready at the promised time. The hallways need some new carpet, but our room was clean and comfortable. The bathrooms and kitchen nook were clean. The fan you supplied helped with noise, we never heard a sound all night. Thank you for your hospitality, we will return!

Jo
2013-06-18
Age 53 | USA

Comfortable beds

The staff was friendly. I reserved a single private room for one night. When I checked in, he said he had a two bed room on the second floor. I shared the room (my choosing) with a new girl friend. It was nice to have company! Overall, a good experience!

Mim
2013-05-15
Age 44 | US

Stayed there for 5 nights

The hostel is clean. only one bathroom a floor, but it wasnt much of a problem. Basically its a hostel so dont expect anything too fancy but there's cool and young atmosphere -- a great place to meet people. Only problem i had with this place is that they dont have a kitchen there.

Guest
2012-10-23

3.5 stars, not average, not great

Good points -- Nice common room with free computers, Nice beds in the dorm rooms, Free linen, Free wifi, Close to union station and sears tower, Nice free breakfast, VERY friendly staff. Bad points -- Wifi reception very bad in the rooms (at least the one I stayed in), No kitchen, TV in the common room doesn't really work properly.

Eva
2012-07-16
Netherlands

Good, clean

every thing is fine, but there's no elevator.

2011-07-08
taiwan

The AAE Parthenon Hostel is located in Greektown, Chicago. The staff are excellent and the rooms are more than adequate.

The location is great! It's in the middle of Greektown, with lots of restaurants and an easy walk to downtown. We found no need to use public transport as we walked everywhere for three days, but there are lots of bus routes stopping outside the hostel and the subway is only a few minutes away. I went to three different restaurants within a three-minute walk of the hostel and all of them were fantastic and very reasonably priced!

It's less than a ten-minute walk from the Greyhound station and about fifteen minutes to the main part of downtown Chicago. There are also grocery stores within a ten-minute walk. The neighbourhood is nice and quiet considering the highway and the city are close by.

There is only one bathroom per floor but we never had to wait. There are hooks for towels and shelves (outside the shower) for clothes. There is no elevator in the hostel, which is an issue for heavy bags but the stairs are wide enough to comfortably carry bags up to one of the three levels. The beds are very comfortable, and although we had a room facing the road, we didn't really notice the noise. There are a range of room types from private single rooms to eight-bed dorms. The rooms are spacious and have medium sized lockers for valuables.

There is free Wi-Fi in all rooms of the hostel. The common room is fairly small. It has a large fridge, TV, couch, and free computer. The restaurant is large and the reception can give a key to give access to the laundry room and kitchen. There is not really anywhere to hang out and socialize with other backpackers besides during the free breakfast or in the small common room.

Summary

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

Robyn Broomfield
2011-04-12
Australia

Lovely!

it's very close to those stations (union station, greyhound bus, CTA UIC-Halsted, and bus stop) as it states above. it's a three-story building like dormitory. everyday has people check-in and check-out, the business seems quite busy to me. and the bathroom is clean and pretty new! the breakfast is good as well, included toast, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, juice, and boiled eggs, and the place for breakfast is quite fancy for me! the staff are friendly and helpful, too. there is common room with a computer connected internet, TV, microwave, sofa, and Refrig. don't how does the wireless work, i didn't bring my laptop. there is no kitchen, so if you prefer to prepare a meal, that'll be inconvenient. But for me it's fine, i always ate and bought food out. and it's safe there at midnight, those greek restaurants are opened until midnight, there are people dining. So, on the other hand, there are some pubs on weekends, if you go to bed early, that'll be noisy, but i'm fine with that. overall, if i had chance to stay there again, i'd be ok with that! i recommend it though.

hjy
2009-06-30

Terrific location and amenities

This hostel is only a couple of blocks out of the main loop city area. If arriving by airplane as I did you just catch the Blue Line to Halsted Station from O'Hare Airport for about $2 and its in the very next block in S Halsted St. Myself and my traveling companion were lucky, we got into a brand spanking new area they have just opened with beautifully refurbished rooms with their own bathrooms but I spoke to travelers who were in dorm rooms in the older section and they said they were nice too. The hostel is in the lively Greek quarter of town (food shops next door) and the Parthenon restaurant run by the same people as the hostel (its all one establishment basically) is full of lively atmosphere and the most delicious Greek food I've ever tasted and cheap -- order the "banquet"! Included is a complementary breakfast. Now I know you're thinking a couple of loaves of cheap bread and spreads and maybe a bit of cereal if you're lucky. No! The breakfast room is set up in a function area of the restaurant complex and is like a classy hotel atmosphere with a long table with choice of two cereals, milk, two types of juices, high quality bread you can toast plus warm, hard-boiled eggs in a silver server and tea and coffee of course. There is a rather vigilant Greek manager guy who keeps an eye on things but its only to stop travelers ripping off the hotel and others by getting off with all of the food into their backpacks for lunch. And of course befitting the congenial type atmosphere you don't have to wash your breakfast dishes -- they just ask that you neatly stack them at a nearby clearing table. Leaving you to go off to enjoy the sights of Chicago! They are such warm and terrific hosts -- the types to spontaneously throw their arms around you when you first arrive they are just so glad to see you! True friendly Greek hospitality, I just loved it.

susan
2009-06-15

Chicago Parthenon Hostel Reviews from the Web

Great staff, okay location but horrible building... AND a homeless man guy slept in our room 2 nights in our room... the building itself smells horrendous

josephkuzminski6296
2022-08-04

Convenient location, decent accomodations. Partenon price gouges during city events so I paid double to stay during a festival I didn't even attend. Can't cook in the kitchen, microwave only.

sshuker689833
2022-08-03

Decent all around. I wasnt going to Lollapalooza but I paid more the night I stayed because it happened to be that same weekend. No elevator. Slept well and room was dark so I could see spending longer here if I needed to stay in Chicago.

benbadams4192038
2022-07-28

Loved my stay at this place. The staff was beyond amazing. It was clean. Quiet. And overall, so convenient. Just two blocks and I was on the train.

jenniferedwards838288
2022-07-28

I overall had a good stay here, the location is good and felt safe. I liked the flexibility of being able to come and go as you want. I think the lockers could be a little bigger and I want told I needed to bring my own lock and feel they should of ones people can rent at a small cost. I wish the common room would of been more cozy and friendly. It was hot in my room, but the ladies were friendly and there was a common sense of trusting each other.

tatjanamalortigue7001
2022-07-27

Its not a luxury stay and the bathrooms are pretty crappy, but it is totally woth the money. I highly recommend

daniel_anana
2022-07-12

Does the job.

owenephraim962
2022-07-09

Friendly as always!

fkfrutchey9192
2022-07-07

Based on my experience with using hostels, the overall price I paid, and my ability to easily access public transportation...this was a great deal! The downsides were; mediocre bedding (mattress thickness/comfort, basic sheets and comforters), facility cleanliness that was average (though I did not see any pests or bugs), and a lack of drinking water options.

scargile531
2022-07-06

Great place full of amazing people.

My friend and I stayed there f or 3 nights in a female dorm for 4 people. We were on the 3rd floor where both the forniture and the bathroom area was brand new and very well organized.

We found the place clean, comfortable and overall really neat.

We'll stay again if we go back to Chicago

mariavittoriadefranceschi4947
2022-07-06

It is conveniently located and good value for money if you don't have expectations of anything fancy. The Wifi didn't work the whole weekend we were there and that was pretty annoying because it wasn't fixed the entire duration of our stay.

aditit2995
2022-07-01

More convenient with water supply in dining room. Water supply at another location.

taichieddie019247
2022-06-25

The Chicago Parthenon Hostel was a perfect place to stay for the night. The subway station is very near the place which was a huge bonus. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean and fresh, lovely to use. Many good restaurants are very close by, and some bigger shopping opportunities just a 10-15 minute walk away. I had problems with the wifi though.

alicekapp144709
2022-06-23

Very nice staff, were very quick to help. Rooms were good as well! lounge is cute, but I wish there a few kore charging stations in the room. i

looneyashton643426
2022-06-18

Great location and close to transportation. Would stay again.

mzkathe9592
2022-06-17

Bad internet connection

felipeguzman4778391
2022-06-16

The door to our was not locked upon arrival (The front door however was locked, and nothing happened) and our room was very hot at night. I didn't stay long because of my train schedule, but the staff was good at contacting me when I forgot to call about coming late.

mkraus0715262
2022-06-11

It made for a somewhat pleasant experience. The attendant Matthew was great with my call before arrival and accommodated when I got there. This is the second hostel I've ever stayed at and I adored staying in Greektown. The location was more of a plus along with my accommodations than anything. Bravo Parthenon!

dongargon671187
2022-06-02

location of the hostel was very good,close to a train station and able to walk around to places too. I didnt have a good experience with the staff, the guy who helped me check in was rude and had an attitude. I assumed I had paid prior to arrival and I double checked emails and my banking app to be sure I wasnt charged prior and upon realizing that I had to pay during check in, I then explained that I had made a mistake and proceeded to pay. His responses were rude and I didnt appreciate that

motsi8871386
2022-06-02

A good place to stay especially if you travel by train or bus.

bluefoxing3411
2022-06-01

About AAE Chicago Parthenon Hostel

This AAE Hotels is the only hostel in downtown and walking distance to the Train, Greyhound Bus, Amtrak, Michigan Avenue and the Loop. Airport Shuttle Train $2.00 to our door. We listened to your reviews and just completed brand new renovations for the entire property! Enjoy modern and clean rooms and so much more!
*The only hostel with parking available! $10.00 per night**

*If we show low availability online, please see aaehotels site for last minute openings, coupons also available on our homepage. Discount Availability for Lollapalooza*

The AAE Chicago Parthenon Offers::
*Free BREAKFAST
*Free computers with Internet in the lobby
*Free Wifi
*24 Hour Access. No Curfew
*24 Hour luggage storage
*$10.00 Parking Available
*FREE maps of Chicago, and discounts to museums and attractions
*No membership fee like H.I. locations
*No Age restriction
*Huge Common Room with large kitchen
*Plasma T.V.s
*Airport Direct Shuttle Train to our block for $2.50
*WALK 2 blocks Greyhound and Amtrack
*All New Rooms and granite bathrooms
*Free linen with private rooms and DORMS!
*Sears Tower 2 blocks away
*Bike Rental Discounts
*Dorms as low as 24.00 in rooms of 8
*Private rooms from Singles to 8 people
*Special Group Rates
*On Site Bar and Restaurant with drink specials!

Located just a few blocks from the Amtrak, on the bus line to the airport and our downtown location make us the perfect hostel to stay at when in Chicago. We are AAE Hotels Member and accept discount coupons until 2011-Available on our direct site.

AAE Chicago Parthenon Guest House' is a winning choice for your lodging needs. Nestled in the shadow of the Sears Tower it is centrally located to many of Chicago's finest attractions. Just blocks from the Loop and close to restaurants, banks and shops all within walking distance. Michigan Ave/Magnificent Mile shopping, Chicago Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago and Navy Pier are located a short distance away. Close to Union Station and Greyhound Bus and 1 block from the CTA El train. The CTA El is a $2 fare from both O'Hare International Airport and Midway Airport. Arriving by Amtrak or Greyhound? We are only a few blocks away and an easy walk!

Please take note:
We have limited amount of ensuite rooms on this web site. Please contact AAE Hostels for singles and twin or triple ensuite rooms or extra availablity
**We rent Towels for $2.00 per stay**
We offer luggage storage at our bar for those that need to check in early and room is not ready, as well as those that need to check out but have a late departure train or bus
We are proud AAE Hotels and AAE Hostels Members
The local City Tax is not included here, but due at check in.
*Linen is included with all private rooms and Dorm Beds!*
AAE Chicago Parthenon Hostel 4 154

• DIRECTIONS
• We have limited amount of ensuite rooms on this web site. Please contact AAE Hostels for singles and twin or triple ensuite rooms
• Parking for cars is available through the valet service at our restaurant- the cost for hostel guest is $10 per 24 hours
• The local city tax of Chicago is not included in this total and will be collected at check in.(15%)
• Your balance may be paid in cash at check in. IF YOU NEED TO USE A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD- WE CHARGE A 3% MERCHANT SERVICES fee for this service.
• Please see our web site for directions.
• ALL CHANGES OR CANCELS MUST BE IN EMAIL **NO CALLS ACCEPTED Linen is included with all private rooms.***
• Airport
• Take the CTA BLUE LINE and exit at the Halsted Street Station. We are one block from the station. This is a very cheap option and saves you money compared to Taxis..
• All airport directions:
• When coming from O’Hare airport you take the Blue Line and exit at Halsted Street.
• When coming from Midway airport - you have to take the Orange Line to the Quincy/Wells stop, walk to Adams and catch the #7 Harrison West Bus and get off at Halsted/Harrison approx 3 blocks from us. Another option is at the Quincy/Wells stop hop into a cab, it’s about a $5 ride to us.
• When you arrive on site we will give you a transit map with all the bus/train routes.
• From Amtrak & Greyhound
• 310 S Halsted St
• Chicago, IL 60661

Address: 310 South Halsted Street, Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Chicago Parthenon Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Chicago Parthenon Hostel Chicago (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +1 (304) 268-8981

Couples

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Chicago Parthenon Hostel