Wrigley Hostel, Chicago

Boystown
8.8

Wrigley Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is Wrigley Hostel rated on booking websites?

Wrigley Hostel Reviews

Great Value and Location

Very easy to find and conveniently located near the ball park.

2019-08-23
Age 37 | USA

Dirty showers and pushy staff.

This place is a little condescending. They building isn't all that great, and the kitchen smells a little like outdated milk. The basement common room is a little tight for groups and the "bar" is a couple of shelves with a full fridge of food and a trashcan. They could really clean the bathrooms cause the shower floors felt grimy and sewery. The staff were a little unpleasant when it comes to idleness and keeping to yourself -- "Is everything ok? You can't stand here if you look unhappy?" "I was charging up my phone!" Around 11pm is when things close inside, so you better finish your drinks and keep quiet or else you risk confrontation with the owner. The beds are cheap, which on a weekend, can save you money and stress from walking around looking for other lodgings. They were nice about payment, accepting my father's card over the phone. There is a $5 dollar deposit, which can be alleviated with a drivers license but I don't recommend it.

Orlando
2015-08-06
Age 34

Nice mattresses, dirty bathrooms.

The hostel is located in a prime location, right by Wrigley Field and the nightlife around Clark Street is great. However, the hostel is a little poor when it comes to amenities. The seating isn't all that great, with fold up chairs and Ikea stools that will break tomorrow, and the bathtub that looks like it was picked up off the street. It could be a little more up to date with washing dishes procedures -- there is only a sponge and soap. The staff are nice, but the 24hour reception seems not needed and it bothers me a little when I got up to get a glass of water. Overall, they are lacking with security and it brings down the location pros along with dirty mop and diluted cleaning solution housecleaning ethics, which make me think the extra five or ten dollars to stay at another place is worth the expense over a cold and athletes foot for a week.

Orlando
2014-11-15
Age 34

GOOD

Close to subway station. Staff was very helpful. Pancake breakfast was good!

S
2014-10-15
Age 47 | JAPAN

All great

Very nice, clean, and fun! Wife and I liked it very much! Staff was very attentive and helpful.

John
2014-04-17
Age 56 | United States

Friendly, Fun, Affordable.

I stayed at Wrigley Hostel for a couple nights last week and I loved my experience. Vicky -- our host -- was wonderful and welcoming. She and the rest of the staff truly went out of their way to make the guests feel welcome. One night staff, cooked us some bbq at 2am as we were hanging out on the deck. The location is great. Fun neighbourhood with easy access to the subway. All of this reasonably price. I'd go again. til next time.

Guillaume
2013-09-18
Age 31 | Canada

Wrigley Hostel Reviews from the Web

I loved everything about it its my favorite location in the city its clean everyones friendly its comfortable and Ill be back again

jeanineann573726
2022-08-05

Enjoyed my stay at the Wrigly Hostel. It's a good location to have as a base because it's off the red line and there are lots of bars and restaurants close by. The area does get very crowded when people are coming to/leaving the stadium. The facilities are excellent and the breakfast was great. Free towel and bag storage and lots of outlets in common areas for charging. They cost more than some of the other hostels in Chicago but you for this you are getting a best in class hostel experience.

Rzpastena
2022-08-04

Staff is great, I know they did their part to take care of guests and the facility. The messes came from the guests and their inability to clean up after themselves or be courteous. The lockers as wooden cabinets or moreso boxes was concerning. I never noticed the doors to close behind me and was worried that other guests wouldn't make sure they did, but no issues were experienced with that. Price was good, location was great.

chandraengel5989
2022-08-04

This was a super fun hostel with a great location; only qualms are that there's not a 24hr reception, might be due to needing more staff. Some staff were annoying and I couldn't believe I was told I had to leave the kitchen one night if I wasn't eating; one staff told me one night that we could stay but just to be aware that it was quiet hours, and the next night I was told to leave. Not many bathrooms so beware of being patient to shower if the hostel's full.

sarahle23164276
2022-07-29

Great Hostel! Good small hostel vibes where you'll definitely meet people and socialize. Rooms and baths are clean. Staff is friendly and fun and the location is great, a block from Wrigley Field and Addison Red/Purple Line stop. There is a bar district right around the corner that gets pretty packed on weekends.

Pieman1281125
2022-07-20

Actual great place. Great facilities with free pool table and quiet chill zones with a really nice terrace.

Good social vibe, David who works there is also great and sorted us out with everything we need.

Great location for bars and fun stuff.

Great.

Ashancraig6700
2022-07-19

would love to come back again whenever I visit Chicago! the best location at a very affordable price!

mabarr232460
2022-07-13

Worth recommending, I am secured and safe and I love coming back to this hostel. Staffs are great, specially Hailey and Dave, they are easy, a great team!

rnb1120114141
2022-07-01

When compared to other hostels that Ive stayed at, the facilities met my needs for the time I stayed here. The hostel is in a great location with cta line near.

neyfloreslopz
2022-06-27

I live in Soutwest suburb, and everytime Im attending events in the city I always choose to stay at The Wrigley Hostel. Affordable, Clean, Safe, secure and modt especially the staff are very friendly and accommodating! Shoutout to Haley & Elliot! I will always give this Hostel a thumbs up and 10/10 rating! Wrigley Hostel Chicago is highly recommended!!!

deive629714498
2022-06-25

Really enjoyed our stay here in a private room. We have decided we will not be staying anywhere else when were in Chicago. The hostel is in such a good location, great staff, and welcoming atmosphere.

aZm3oD6uNDBqnvq7
2022-06-25

I had a great stay at the wrigley hostel! It was clean, staff was friendly, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again

shelbyalmegard6963
2022-06-24

Overall a decent stay. The biggest issue for me was this time the air conditioning was not on and/or working, so I had a really hard time sleeping because I was sweating the whole night. Ive stayed here three times and this hostel was consistently clean and staff have always been very easy to work with. Just not sure what the deal was with the AC.

beccadwyer954604
2022-06-10

There wasn't anyone at the desk when I went to checkout and I range the buzzer and still no one. I hope they know I have left.

don_woody9752
2022-06-05

Wrigley Hostel was what I needed for the weekend. Nothing flashy, the hostel is older and needed in a few updates, but it has the charm of a classic Chicago style large home. Although older, the facilities were always clean. Staff was friendly and had the answers to the few questions I had. I was in a four person room, and my roommates were friendly, and respectful at night. Location is the best pet of this hostel, located right near Wrigley field and Boystown.

brianwrightdc6133
2022-05-27

Rad staff rad hostel

mark311green
2022-05-22

Drip drop, coOlest hostel in Chicago.

smokolona2165
2022-05-13

Nicest hostel that I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in quite a few.

Neeleyf1
2022-05-12

Really disappointed with service wasn't able to get refund unfortunately never stayed and sadly being in military wasn't able to make it for my reservation I reached out they did nothing. Great customer service.

Reeversjewel6541
2022-05-03

no complaints

collinlafayette9848
2022-04-27

Located in Wrigleyville, the party center of Chicago, you are steps away from some of the finest bars, restaurants and nightclubs in Chicago. We are also located right out side the Addison Red Line 'L' Train Stop, which takes you downtown in just 15 Minutes and we are across the street from the world famous Wrigley Field Baseball Stadium.

We offer Private Rooms, 4 Bed Dorms, 8 Bed Dorms and a Female-Only Dorm. Wrigley Hostel offers a full kitchen, Free lockers ($5 Locks Available for purchase or bring your own), Free Wifi to all rooms, an awesome outdoor deck to BBQ and relax in the sun, and a common room so social you won't want to leave. Our common room includes a dartboard, ping pong table, the biggest couch ever and a Bar for you to make your most fun drinks and cocktails.

Free Breakfast is available on Sundays!

Our social outing events are currently on hold during Covid-19 to ensure the safety of all guests and staff. We are hopeful to bring them back this summer. Please check with reception when you arrive for details.

We are also just steps away from the Addison red line CTA stop which takes you downtown in only 15 minutes. Come and stay at the most fun hostel in Chicago, Book Now!

Please note:
Cancellation policy: 2 days advance notice
Late cancellation or no show- two night charge
Payment upon arrival
All guests must be age 18 and over
Check in from 2PM till 8PM (Check-ins After 8PM must be pre-arranged with staff)
Check out before 11AM
Taxes not included - Chicago Hotel Tax of 17.4%
Minimum stay 1 Night
Guests who have a US Passport or Illinois Drivers License are not allowed to stay at Wrigley Hostel.
Guests must pay with a Credit Card for the first night's stay at check-in.
Street Parking Passes are available through contacting Wrigley Hostel via email to reserve a pass specifically for your reservation dates. Please note passes are subject to availability.

• From the airport
• O'Hare (ORD) Airport
• We are located less than an hour from O'Hare (ORD) airport. Getting to Wrigley Hostel from O'Hare Airport is super easy. Just take the Blue Line train from the Airport and get off at the Addison train stop. There you will jump on the Addison Bus heading East. Once you get to the Addison Red Line stop, get off and start walking south along Sheffield Ave for about 100 steps. There we will be on the right hand side at 3514 N Sheffield Ave.
• Midway (MDW) Airport
• We are located less than an hour from Midway airport. Getting to Wrigley Hostel from Midway (MDW) Airport is super easy. Just take the Orange Line train from the Airport towards the Loop. Transfer from the Orange Line to the Red line at the Roosevelt train stop. Take the Red Line North to the Addison Red Line Stop. From there walk 1 block to Sheffield Ave. We will be on the right hand side at 3514 N Sheffield Ave
• By Train
• Getting to Wrigley Hostel – Wrigleyville by train is so easy as we are located just outside the Addison Red Line stop. So from wherever you are in Chicago, whether it is the South Loop, The Beach, The Gold Coast, The Loop or River North, just jump on the Red Line to Howard and hop off at the Addison stop. Then walk 100 steps south along Sheffield Ave and we will be on the right at 3514 N Sheffield Ave.
• By car
• The Wrigleyville area has parking available to you. To get to Wrigley Hostel from downtown, take Lake Shore Drive north, then take the Belmont exit to Clark St. Turn right at Clark heading north until you reach Sheffield Ave. head north along Sheffield for 50 yards until you reach us on the left at 3514 N Sheffield Ave.
• If you require a street parking pass please contact Wrigley Hostel via email to reserve a pass. Please note that the passes are subject to availability.

Address: 3514 North Sheffield Avenue, Boystown, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Wrigley Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

Max. Age: 75

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Min. Age with Parent (private room): 18

Maximum Stay: 1 month

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Wrigley Hostel