Ostello Santa Fosca

A fairly nice hostel about 10 mintues walking distance from the train station. It has a full kitchen (closed during the day) and good bathrooms. There is a small sitting area near the reception desk and a huge stone courtyard with tables and chairs and there is a basketball/soccer court. It's usually pretty quiet. There are occassionally people around to hang out with but it isn't a very social hostel. There is an early lockout starting at 9:30 AM. Guys and girls rooms are separate, except for when there are mixed groups of friends staying together (and that's only allowed during summer). They only accept reservations by phone.

by David
How is Ostello Santa Fosca rated on other websites?
4   Quiet Place, Spacious Space, Nice People In a costly city like venice, ostello santa fosca is welcoming travelers with a cheap price and good living quality. It's spacious, clean, and quiet. The location is great! Very close to the main street and Ca'd'Oro where you can get the waterbus. The only problem might be the fact that the locker is broke. I guess that I was a student dorm for the pastoral university (From what I've read at the gate, but I can't speak Italian so I could only assume it!), so you could get such a tranquil yet spacious area to stay in.  , age 24, Taiwan ()
4   A very good place to stay in Venice Clean, helpful staff, near the station and the vaporetto, near markets, there's the kitchen.  ()
4   Nice Place I stayed at female dorm. I love this hostel. Room was clean, smell good, and they always clean the room everyday. not far from St. Lucia train station, its only 15 mins by walking. Recommended place!!  , age 25, Indonesia ()
3   Average The staff were really nice as were the people I shared a room with (2 girls from LA and a girl from Mexico City). It was around 80-90 degrees the two days I was in Venice though and the fan in the room was not enough to keep us cool. It was incredibly hot, uncomfortably so. Also two of the lockers were broken but the staff fixed them the morning after we told them about it. Really good location in the city. Bathrooms were a bit dirty. Also be aware you have to be back to the hostel by 12:30 at night and they clean between 10:30 and 2 or something like that so you can't be in your room during that time either. Also Wi-Fi worked on and off. Definitely not consistent. Overall average experience.  , age 22, USA ()
1   Bad service I have traveled extensively and never have I been treated so rudely or disrespectfully. On the practical side, I paid an obscene amount of money for a dorm room badly in need of renovation. I had a hard time reconfirming my reservation as multiple emails and phone calls went unanswered. And the office hours are very restrictive. Plus, the internet is unreliable in the rooms so many times I found myself sitting outside to get online.  , age 41, Israel ()
4   Great place, recommended Comfortable and very friendly place, great location once I found it, WiFi works in rooms fine, clean and quiet, had a great stay and would go back.  , age 23, australia ()
1  séjour debut fevrier 2013 ... quelle déception pour le prix payé -- faut déjà trouver cet hôtel, le nom n'est pas inscrit dehors. pas de petit dejeuner, pas même un café quand on se lève ... ils pourraient au moins offrir ça! surtout qu'on ne peut rien prévoir (bien sûr ils ont installé un distributeur de boissons!!!!) lit à faire en arrivant (arrivé piazzale roma à 22h trouvé cet hôtel, qui n'est pas du tout dans le centre comme indiqué sur leur pub, à minuit passé , seulement grâce à la gentillesse d'un vénitien sinon on chercherait encore!!! beaucoup de venitiens ne savaient pas du tout où le trouver non plus) chambre monacale dépourvue de TOUT , mm pas un tapis de bain dans la salle de bain!!!! LES PHOTOS EXPOSEES SUR LE SITE NE REFLETENT ABSOLUMENT PAS LA CRUE REALITE! Très bruyant -- on entend des jeunes courir et parler jusque tard! je ne recommande pas cette auberge, on peut trouver MIEUX qualité prix!!!  , Arras france ()
5   Very high level! Very good location and very good atmosphere, an amazing place to be in Venice.  , israel ()
Ostello Santa Fosca Reviews from the Web