Red Hostel Montevideo

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Red Hostel Montevideo" at San Jose 1406.)

San Jose 1406, Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
-34.906484, -56.185359 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.redhostel.com
005982-9088514
005982-9088516

How is Red Hostel Montevideo rated on other websites?

Antique spacious building
Very nice hostel, helpful staff. 20 minutes to walk from the bus terminal at tres cruces. 400 m away very good department store for food. Very good location, close to everything. Spacious bathrooms. Definitely recommend to stay in!!
Sergey
Age 47, Russian
2013-03-23

Not good
I found this hostel to be expensive. They advertised a bed in the female dorm on this website for US$12. I made a reservation and paid the deposit to find that they charged a $3 service fee, and also, at the hostel they had their own high exchange rate. Instead of the going rate of 22/21 dollars to the peso, advertised in all banks and exchange places, they charged 25. I argued with them to no avail. I have no problem with a place charging 14 or 15 dollars if they advertise it openly. I was expecting to be charged much less. In total I paid about 18/19 for my bed. The hostel was also not very clean and the foams on the bed are very thin.
Umber
2008-01-26
  one of the best hostels in south america. central location, extremely clean, nice colors, one of few hostels in latin america where the personnel speak foreign languages. Very beautiful terrace on the top floor.
alan croata
2006-11-11
  Beautiful place, i think one of the best hostel in the world.
Fabio Seidita
2006-10-25
  I love this hostel. It's spotless, beautiful, in a great location, and the friendly staff put up with me AND my twenty-two bogan Aussie mates. What more could you want?! Don't worry -- this place is not generally full of large groups of Aussies -- it was a special occasion.
Claire
2006-07-04
  It is the best hostel I've stayed at in my entire life...
Samira
2005-09-26
  Red Hostel is amazing! The staff are the greatest, it is clean, trendy, and a really fun place to hang out. I can't say anything bad about it...absolutely stay here if you are visiting Montevideo.
Emma
2005-07-10
  This hostel is totally new, with the best atmosphere and best location. Just go!! You are going to enjoy it.
Peter