Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel, Prague

Praha 1
8.4

Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel

How is Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel rated on booking websites?

Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Lost my reservation

The man behind the desk said they had no reservation. Even though I was in contact through e-mail and agreed to their price for 3 nights. When I arrived they had no reservation and no more rooms, so told me they couldn't help me. They didn't even help me find another place to stay. They just told me that it was a busy Saturday night and I probably wouldn't find another hostel in the area. I will never stay at this hostel. They were rude and incompitent. I had a very non-professional experience and will never give this place anything, but a poor reveiw. Thanks for nothing! Don't trust these guys to have your room ready when you arrive.

matthew
2012-07-20

On first glance this hostel looks to be ok. Relatively clean, big rooms, but dont let first impressions fool you. This hostel was terrible. We booked a triple and when we were taken up to our room found out there were 2 single beds, and the 3rd "bed" was a ratty old fold out couch covered in stains. Who knows what kind of shape the mattresses were in under the sheets! The carpet was also filthy -- thank goodness for flip flops. We had our own private bathroom, which was nice, but it was pretty moldy in the teeny tiny shower. The worst thing about this place was the location. Its great if you want to party all night, but forget about sleeping. Our room overlooked the main street in Old Town and the ENTIRE night there were drunk people wandering up and down the street singing. What's with Europeans? When they get drunk they like to sing! Loudly! I experienced the same thing in Heidelberg. The staff was friendly and spoke enough english to get by, which is more than I can say about my Czech!

2006-09-29

This hostel is reasonably clean and has a great central location. But it seems very prone to property loss. We suffered two thefts in a week, including one from our private room while we were sleeping. Other guests at the same time seemed to have had similar experiences. To make matters worse, the staff (with the partial exception of one female staff member) were unfriendly and unhelpful in dealing with the situation.

Ash
2006-08-07

Do not stay in the room in the back courtyard, Rm # B0. It's not safe. Anyone can come directly to it from the street without passing by the reception. During my stay, someone who was never booked in the hostel was sleeping there during the day, probably had a key, and came in the middle of the night and stole my bag while i was sleeping with it on my bed. The keys are badly controlled -- the reception just keeps giving them out. Unintentionally, I still have my room key after checking out. Staff was unpleasant to start with, but after I told them about the theft, they were really rude, not helpful nor apologetic. The bathrooms and showers are dirty. Often there is no toilet paper. Location is good, but noisy at night.

Ashley
2006-06-23

This place was gross. Do not stay here. I believe it tarnished my experience of Prague. The people at the desk were incredibly unfriendly, and my room was outside and up a set of stairs. The bathroom was practically a five-minute walk away, and I didn't shower for two days because the shower was so gross. I also wasn't aware that my room was a mixed-sex room. It was quite terrifying to wake up at 2 a.m. to two drunk Spanish men barging in the room. I and the other two French girls were quite alarmed. Do not stay here. There have got to be better places.

2004-09-25

Good location, clean. It claims to have "24-hour reception," but when my friends and I showed up at 1:30 a.m., we couldn't get anybody to answer the door. Another guy was in the same situation, and had been waiting for about 15 minutes. When an employee finally showed up, he seemed really mad, like we'd broken a rule. Granted, he probably works really long hours--but why advertise 24-hour reception if that just means getting glared at by some Czech guy? My other complaint is that, at least in B2, you have to walk past the shower to get to the toilet or sink. This is inconvenient, because you have to wait to pee until whoever's showering is done. So get up early to tie up the shower for hours and aggravate other people who just want to brush their teeth and go see Prague.

Erin B.
2004-07-18

The one dark-haired girl at reception was very friendly and helped me locate a laundromat. But the other folk at reception were pretty unhelpful. They wouldn't call and find out about a train ticket for me, and they weren't flexible regarding Internet use. I stayed in B2 and it was really, really loud, and hard to sleep.

Elizabeth
2004-07-10

This place has a very unfriendly staff--they wouldn't find out information, or help out with travel concerns. No laundry service. Loud location, as it is situated in an area which is very busy (clubs, etc.) during the nighttime. I won't stay here again--there are so many other places in Prague!

2004-07-07

Digital Nomads

ATM

Currency Exchange

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Ritchie's Hostel & Hotel