Billie's Backpackers Hostel

9.3
Quiet Rest Solo Traveller

Billie's Backpackers Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Billie's Backpackers Hostel rated on booking websites?

Overall
Cleanliness
Staff
Atmosphere
Security

Billie's Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Perfect

I feel warm at Billie's Backpackers Hostel. This is home and Billie cares about everyone even from different countries. I have a unforgettable memory.

HSIENCHUN
2013-08-29
Age 42, TAIWAN

Very pleased and very comfortable

This was my first time staying at a hostel and my experience at Billie's Backpackers Hostel in Fairbanks, AK was wonderful. I was traveling alone and I'm in my sixties. Billie made me feel comfortable and my stay was more than I could have asked for. The hostel was very clean and the other travelers were very friendly. Billie went out of her way to give me directions/suggestions on this to see in the Fairbanks area. I'd "highly" recommend this hostel to anyone.

Lynn Rizzo
2007-08-16
American

Not great for privacy or allergies

Don't book this place as a private room. There is a private room that is the same rate as the dorms, yet whoever gets the private room can stay as long as they like, so you take your chances. Its pretty old, and I felt like I should be wearing my shoes inside as the floor was covered in animal hair from the dogs and cats. People with allergies, this is not the place for you.

Joel
2007-06-22
Australia

We stayed three nights in this hostel. Billie is a very kind and friendly person. We had an excellent stay in this hostel.

Swami
2006-07-06

Besides being friendly, clean and comfortable this is a great place to meet other travelers. It's close to the university and the bus stop, which is a block away, makes it easy to get around the area. Billie is an excellent host. The relaxed atmosphere and no curfew are a definite plus.

Martin
2005-03-26

This hostel is the warmest and friendliest hostel. Billie is great and gives you the feeling that you are at home and safe.

Andrew Hunt
2005-02-28

This hostel is located near the university, and though it is a distance to downtown, the hostel is directly on the bus line. Billie is extremely accommodating and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel over any other in Fairbanks.

Markus
2004-11-11

Great atmosphere! It had a good kitchen and good common areas. The dorm in which I stayed was a walk-through room and the bed was not that great (very squeaky). It is a long way to downtown and the next shops, but there is a great pub nearby and people (including Billie) were great. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Heike

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (private room): 12

Checkout: Flexible

Maximum Stay: Speak with Billie about long stays

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Billie's Backpackers Hostel is listed at the following booking sites: