Prescott International Hotel & Hostel, Boston

Everett
7.1

your hostels in Boston

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is Prescott International Hotel & Hostel rated on booking websites?

Prescott International Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Brilliant

really great, nice polite staff, good services.

hju
2009-03-13
england

Very friendly but with bedbugs

I stayed there for five nights in october 2007, took a single room. The only bad thing is that I discovered three bedbugs in my bed after the fourth night. The staff was nice, cleaned my room, and said they checked these were not bedbugs, but when i checked more on internet, I am almost sure these were bedbugs. The location is not bad -- quite easy to get to center, stuff nice, room not luxurious but comfortable and not loud at night. I recommend this place, but I think it is fair to write I have some suspicions there are bedbugs in room nr.15.

aga
2007-10-27
Poland

One of the nicest hostels we have visited. this is the only place to go in Boston. staff were friendly and couldn't help us enough. we will be back.

Steph
2007-05-09
British

I have stayed at numerous hostels around the world and never had such a bad experience. First off, the hostel isn't even in Boston. it's way out in a suburb, and it's a $20 cab ride downtown (not so fun when the subway is closed). When we arrived, they shipped us to hostel #2 to our surprise. I expect that when i book a hostel, i'd actually be staying there, not somewhere else. when we complained about this, the receptionist told us that next time we may want to do research, because it's the busiest weekend all year (not my problem). They could have told us that on the phone when we called. Hostel #2 was ugly, hospital-like, and extremely noisy. I slept a total of two hours. they charged us $40 when the site states $30. when asked about this, he replied, "well, why didn't you book online?" -- I said, "cause i saw a phone number and decided to call in instead." He told me that was my problem, and that i should book online next time. the staff was extremely rude and patronizing. we asked for a refund for our second night and found someplace else to stay.

Renee
2006-11-20

The only good thing about the hostel was that it was relatively clean. The location was terrible the ad i saw said it was three subway stops from downtown which is true. however it is then a fifteen-minute bus ride after you get off the subway. There's no kitchen and there was some old guy who seems to live downstairs there screaming racist and homophobic comments at the TV all day. if they got rid of him, the TV room would be quite pleasant but he seems to be there all day ruining the atmosphere.

Brian Sep 2006
2006-09-17

We got shipped off to the Hostel #2 and i can only agree about the ex- hospital atmosphere. the area was decidedly 'sketchy' to put it politely. the rooms were horrible, and the bathrooms even more so -- especially where the people in the room next door could access your room via the shared bathroom. The people hanging around outside offering to help you with your bags and who appeared to know the staff were clearly on drugs. Wouldnt recommend for those who particularly value their lives.

Traveller
2006-08-25

a very friendly hostel! the staff were great and made you feel at home! the rooms were ok, a nice size, very airy and ours had an on suite (four-bed male). although there were a bit old and tattered, it didnt bother us much. the free internet was great, with three good computers. the tv is huge! however when we were there a few locals came in most nights and were completely waisted and acting like idiots, and a girl we met said they were hitting on her making her feel very uncomfortable. also i need to point out that there is no kitchen! on a good point the club bar next door is great for cheap beer and free pool/darts... all very friendly as well. the location isnt that great, you need to walk-bus then tube it to get to boston centre! no laundry machines either. overall a good place to stay though, and we had fun!

Wilfred
2006-05-10

Friendly Staff with assertiveness of staff who deal with travellers, we were fine with that. It takes one hour to get back from Downtown at night. Public transport (bus) is slow and irregular. We took a $10 cab ride from the T Station. Listening to people go to the bathroom through the thin walls was the worst experience. Stay here if you are desperate for cheap accommodation, as thats what it is!

SC
2006-05-09

Prescott International Hotel & Hostel Reviews from the Web

nothing

2010-09-13

the free parking

Romain TRICARICO
2009-10-27

It is further from central Boston than I would have liked. I ended spending as much on cabs as on my stay, but it was good value and exactly as advertised.

Quentin Langley
2009-08-20

Conveinent to bus stop. Frequent bus connections to Sullivan Square subway station. Drug store, market, and restaurants nearby. Friendly staff. Nice lounge/kitchen area/eating area. Free use of three computers to access internet and email.

Fred Hoener
2009-04-22

People are very friendly and helpful. The location is pretty close to a couple of metro stations and getting to the city center does not take anymore than twenty minutes. Excellent service.

2009-04-11

The location was quite far from downtown but public transportation was very good, thus the far location didn't really matter. Staff was really helpful and friendly, room was clean and cosy and wireless internet connection worked VERY well. Hostel was quiet and peaceful.

2009-01-30

I have heard people saying thats too expensive if you want to go to the city of Boston. Its not true. For example: You can buy a 7-day charlie ticket for 15 dollars!! You can use it whenever you want! You can get to the hostel easily with the subway and bus. You have to pay tax if you are arriving in the hostel. They dont say it on www.hostelbookers.com.The room was clean and you have got also you own bathroom.

Natalie Kramer
2009-01-20

the price and the location

2009-01-18

Free internet and computers makes all the difference, in addition to wifi which works in the rooms. Also much appreciated the basic kitchen facilities - microwave and fridge. It was sufficient if you were aware of that being all the facilities on offer, and also had your own cutlery as couldn't always find more than a spoon. It had a really quaint feeling to it, and I felt safe walking around the area after dark contrary to everything I heard.

2009-01-01

The atmosphere was pleasant.

2008-12-21

This hostel ( which is also a residential hotel ) is very quiet, family-run spot. This is not a party spot - and I don't think that the hostel is trying to cultivate that crowd. It's in a nice, safe, residential neighborhood, accessable by the T from DT Boston in @ 20-25 minutes.There are many good restaurants, ( especially if you like Brazilian ! ) coffee shops, banks, dollar stores, etc. which will fit a travelers budget... and two or three good pubs in the area. The staff is friendly, polite, and helpful. The hostel is very clean and a great value. A gem, highly recommended for those who need a very quiet, non-partying place to rest up or study, that is outside of, but within close proximity to Downtown Boston. Thanks Prescott!

Richard Knopf
2008-12-20

The stuff has been really friendly, answered every question, and offered help if needed.The bed- and bathrooms have been clean and I felt save staying there.They offer free coffee, tea and internet.

2008-11-23

I liked the locals, and the travelers were an interesting bunch. The city of Everett ("The dirty E") has that crackhead charm

Daniel Pinedo
2008-11-04

every staffs were very friendly and willing to serve.

Mami Ueda
2008-11-02

Clean, not too far from Boston center (30 minutes maximum by subway + bus)

2008-10-23

location, style, staff

Zuzana Trojakova
2008-10-20

The staff and the shuttle and internet access

Angelina Riemann
2008-10-19

The accomodations were clean and the personnel were friendly,calling me a cab for the airport. I would stay there again.

2008-10-18

Comfortable to access the boston town.

2008-10-07

Check out our specials!! Click on the specials tab above!

We are located in Everett, Massachusetts

While most hostels in the U.S. are converted warehouses that accommodate hundreds of guests in a factory atmosphere, The Prescott International Hostel is a historic old hotel, built in 1895, whose charm lies in its warm, safe, and relaxing ambiance.
Our goal to provide an environment where guests feel safe and have fun has been accomplished by listening to you, our guests. For your comfort and pleasure, all our dorm rooms (except one) now have only 2 or 4 beds. The PERFECT ARRANGEMENT for friends or small groups.

We also benefit from having the most relaxing common lounge in the Boston area, with a 50 inch TV, and the most famous front porch in the U.S. Guests can begin their day with fresh coffee or tea and unwind with a refreshing beverage after a day in the city.
Although we are 25 easy minutes from Central Boston, a simple commute on public transportation, we are situated in a very safe and international setting, where food and drink are much less expensive than Central Boston, yet just as delicious.
Comfort and enjoyment, cleanliness and friendliness, FREE INTERNET and FREE WIRELESS, our helpful staff works everyday to provide a superior level of service so your visit to Boston will be most enjoyable and special.

Come visit this special, distinctive, 114 year old hotel that has been brought back to life through renovation, with strict orders to preserve its aura of a bygone era.
We know you'll enjoy and we welcome you.

Last check-in 10PM Thank you

• Public Transportation: Take the subway to Sullivan Station (Orange Line) and board the #104 or #109 bus to Church Street. (approximately a 10 minute bus ride). Important: Church Street isn't an announced stop on the bus, instead listen for the Mansfield Street stop (which is across the street from Church Street). The Prescott Hotel is located at 36 Church Street.
• By Automobile: From Logan Airport or The Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90). Take Route 93 North to Exit 28. At the bottom of the exit, go right onto Route 99 North. Follow Route 99 North for 2 miles and look for an Eagle Bank on the left side of the road. Take that left onto Church Street. The Prescott Hotel is located at 36 Church Street.

Address: 36 Church Street, Everett, Boston, Massachusetts, USA