Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel), Munich

Downtown
8.4

Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) rated on booking websites?

Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) Reviews

Excellent

I was very happy with my stay here! Very friendly staff. Bathrooms and showers were all convenient to use and felt clean. Bedroom felt clean. Great location.

2019-08-29
Age 24 | USA

Hostal for young people, only.

If you are over 30 y.o. , don't book to this hotel. I had my reservation done two months before and I filled up all the information they asked me for. However, they waited me to arrive there to tell me I didn't fit on their rooms because I was over 30 y.o. Thanks a lot, Jaeger's for letting me on the street in my first night in Munich.

2016-03-08
Age 41 | Brazilian

Wouldn't Recommend It

Unless you're a group of college kids wanting to drink in your hostel bar all night, I wouldn't recommend it. Students visiting Munich looking to party are way better off booking a different hostel and going out to the bars to experience the nightlife of the city. Accommodations are a bare minimum. The rooms get very stuffy and hot at night with 40 people and 1 window. I guess you're getting what you pay for at less than 20/night but even so, I don't think it's worth saving that extra couple bucks. Only plus was a friendly staff.

Chris
2015-05-23
Age 20

Ok Hostel, terrible business practices

My friends and I booked 3 beds for a few nights here. Good beds, felt safe. Staff was very nice, cool bar. Terrible policies. They have this deal where if you'd like a towel/lock (for the lockers), you pay a hefty deposit under the idea that you get most of it back when you bring it back. However, their "policy" is that if you don't have a receipt, even if you have the items, you still receive no money back. So after talking with the man on the front desk and receiving no help, I have a 20 euro thin towel and lock with "Jaeger's Hostel" marked on them. Seems like a pretty underhanded way to get some extra money. This is a business practice that wouldn't be tolerated in the states.

Brian
2014-09-15
Age 30 | USA

Nice Hostel, Comfortable Stay

My friends and I filled a 6 person room and we all enjoyed our stay. The facilities in the room were nice and service usually good. I would recommend this hostel.

Justin
2014-06-12
Age 19 | American

Wonderful hostel!

Jaegers hostel was one of the best I've stayed at. The location is literally amazing, it's less than a three minute walk to the main train station. The staff are so helpful and so welcoming. The bar was really lively and a great way to meet fellow travelers. The only bad part about the hostel was there was no wifi in the rooms, other than that it was great!

Kendra
2014-06-04
Age 20 | Canada

Pretty eh

The 40 man was a sick joke, make sure to be absolutely wasted if you plan to sleep there. Also bring your own hand soap. And it's 1 euro to use the Internet for twenty minutes which I wish they had told me beforehand.

Jay Krosen
2014-04-13
Age 20 | USA

Not great, not horrible. Ok compared to other Munich hostels.

Jaeger's is an ok place but nothing really recommendable. As absolutely NO hostels in Munich qualify as a good hostel (in my eyes), I guess this place also (barely) passes as recommendable. Positives -- decent pricing, good security, 24 reception, free wifi (only in lobby though and quite slow), good showers, good location, clean. Negatives -- rather smallish dorms, very squeaky metal beds that constantly bump into the very squeaky metal lockers, no wifi in other places than the lobby and it's slow, not a great atmosphere, no kitchen.

#
Anna
2014-01-11
Age 28 | Germany

Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) Reviews from the Web

Nice hostel close to the grain station. Friendly staff and nice bar with actual people sitting enjoying cheap beer. Rooms were okey, fine, nice. AC but it turned off all the time dont know why, so annoying. Security was good except or room door did not close shut. You had to pull it, dont know if the other roommates new that which made security I guess little lacking

a6fi3ojkypF13lIs
2022-08-05

Very nice, clean hostel in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

stargirlkmt5534
2022-08-02

The air conditioner in the room was fantastic, although it turned off every 1-2 hours so somebody would have to get up and reset it.

The room also had its own toilet & shower as two seperate rooms, and they both had a sink which was helpful.

Sadly, the downstairs bar was usually empty so in order to go out for a drink & socialise most people would walk to the hostel next door for happy hour.

connor98harris3222
2022-07-28

Overall good experience, especially for a laid back vibe.

Pros: The aesthetic was cool, the staff is awesome, the breakfast is yummy/cheap. Location was super well connected and next to other fun hostels.

Cons: The bar was closed the whole time so no one was hanging out in the lounge, the laundry facilities are terrible, the air conditioning was better than nothing but not very effective.

If you want a party hostel, I would not recommend, but if you want a chill place to sleep it's good.

aridtay
2022-07-27

Overall disappointed with this hostel. We had one bathroom for ten people and no air conditioning so it was boiling (even though it says the rooms do have it). The beds were the noisiest beds ever, every time someone moved you would wake up so we slept horribly. Also we were there for 4 nights and not once was the bar open even though it advertised a happy hour everywhere.

The staff were ok- one particular gentleman was very helpful but other than that we felt like a bit of a nuisance when we would ask for

beckyg0dwin8281
2022-07-26

Very good hostel!

booneniels5770
2022-07-22

This was a great hostel in a great location near the central station. It was easy to grab a train to anywhere in Munchen and the surrounding areas. The dorm rooms are clean and air conditioned. Only con is that there is no guest kitchen, only a small mini fridge. They have a great bar and breakfast service though.

cic67235113
2022-07-22

Pretty disappointed overall with this hostel. Rooms are tiny with beds packed in and no where to put bags. When we arrived aircon was broken (and we are in the middle of a heatwave) so room was unbearably hot. When I mentioned this to the front desk they said it would be fixed next week and offered us no solution. Between that and the noise we didnt sleep at all during our two night stay. Reception bar also never opened. Really would not recommend this hostel

lauragovan
2022-07-17

Honestly was super excited when i saw the this option - lobby/bar is beautiful. Didnt end up being a great deal though. The AC (which was a big factor in my decision to stay here) was broken, and never got fixed in my 4 nights there (a time frame which happened to feature record breaking heat in Munich). Bathrooms werent super clean either. You could probably find a better place.

js2401142616

Air conditioning was broken, 10 person room with inly a little fan

Bradleyharris
2022-07-17

Too many people in a room for just one bathroom

aokCwJXZ9z0oyTUQ
2022-07-17

Was a amazing stay just air con wasnt working on our trip, but great bar in the hostel and friendly atmosphere

lydianewman
2022-07-12

Hostel got the job done, but we had these issues: WiFi was not working, shower leaked all over the floor into the bathroom floor, shower head was broken, only had 1 washer and 1 dryer so it took 5+ hours to get laundry finished.

Mhermsenwhite
2022-07-10

Very helpful people. One of the nicer hostels out there.

edhball8566
2022-07-08

Hostel was alright. They were friendly and helpful and the rooms were quite nice. However the bar was closed 2 out of 3 nights I was there which are it really un social and pretty bad for meeting people as a solo traveler. The staff also told us to be quiet multiple times before 11pm while at the bar. Definitely not the place to be if you want a fun social place. Was also quite expensive

daynemmetzner2722
2022-07-07

Room was very spacious with great facilities (including two toilets and large shower). The beds were comfortable and the downstairs seating/bar area was great too.

ttsoakland2919
2022-07-06

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff were very nice and helpful, great location and very clean bathroom. I would definitely stay here again!

ChasingTheGoodLife
2022-07-04

Amazing location! And our room was nice and quiet, the AC was perfect too! The staff were amazing, I would recommend bribing your own bigger lock for the lockers as my smaller one didn't fit!

aEYKxUK1uE6kZDzs
2022-07-04

I stayed in the single room with bathroom and must say it was super comfortable. I needed it as I was back from a long flight. Very clean and convenient. Would definitely recommend it!

pepmiquel8023
2022-07-03

Staff were fantastic - had to make changes to the booking which was fixed with 0 problems and front desk/bar staff were really lovely and inviting. Right next to the station, plenty of little cafes and the huge beer garden at Augustiner-Keller. Quieter night on the Sunday we were there, but heard it can go off on Friday/Saturday.

jmillwood94
2022-07-02

We are excited to welcome you at Jaeger's Munich! Enjoy our modern interior and furnishings with bathrooms in every room and dorm, new quality, the usual good rates and all comfort and safety standards. For couples and business people we offer comfortable single and double rooms, for groups and young travellers who want to meet people or travel on a small budget, we offer affordable dorms. Located in the heart of the city, Jaeger's Munich is the perfect starting point for your visit. Lots of museums, nightspots, pedestrian zones and the Oktoberfest are only 10 walking minutes away. All sights that are not in walking distance can be reached comfortable and fast by public transportation.
If it's just a weekend away, a group vacation, long stay or a business trip, Jaeger's Munich offers you the best option for your stay in Munich.

We will do our best to offer you the best comfort and service:

- rich 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast buffet (€ 4,80)
- internet terminals
- free wifi in the entire building
- free city tour (in English and Spanish)
- free city maps
- bed linen included
- towels are included in single and double room rates
- all credit cards are accepted
- bar with Happy Hour
- free use of lockers (please bring your own padlock, 40mm)
- telephone/fax service
- 24 hour reception (no curfew)
- info point travel
- common room
- lift/elevator
- smoke free rooms
- tax included

Attention: There is an age limit of 35 in all dorms (the age limit doesn't count if you are a group and you book the entire dorm).

If you feel more comfortable staying in an all female or all male dorm, please let us know. We do everything possible to accommodate you according to your wishes.

• From Munich Central Station (Hauptbahnhof)
• Take the south exit- Ausgang Bayerstrasse (the one with the big Coca-Cola sign above), cross the street and turn left. The next street you turn right into Senefelderstrasse. We are located at number 3 on the left hand side.
• From the Airport
• There are two trains from the Munich Airport: S1 or S8. Both of these go to the centre of the city. The ride takes about 40 minutes, get off the train at Hauptbahnhof and follow the instructions above.

Address: Senefelderstrasse 3, Downtown, Munich, Bavaria, Germany

Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) Munich www.jaegershostel.de
Phone Number: +49 (89) 55 52 81

Elevator/Lift

Walking Tours

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel)