Algonquin's Wolf Den Backpackers, Algonquin Park

Oxtongue Lake
8.4

your hostels in Algonquin Park

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Algonquin's Wolf Den Backpackers Reviews

Great!

I stayed there two nights, in a private room for two persons -- very clean, big kitchen really well equipped (there are also sugar, coffee, salt, oil for cooking).

Very large and comfortable "sitting" room upstairs. I really recommend it!

Giovanna
2008-07-30
Italy

They compost

Really clean and friendly. pretty laid back too. Very close to the park. great place to explore Algonquin from! I liked the outdoor showers too!

N/A
2008-02-29
Canada

I was quite pleased with it!

I never stayed at the Hostel, though I was doing a recon run for a future trip, so my wife and I stopped by unannounced during midweek. The host was very friendly, he gave us some great info for the area and showed us all the rooms. This Hostel has many options, from more private to more barracks-style accommodations, depending on your needs and budget. I noted the cleanliness of the place, and its proximity to other things. It is slightly farther from the park than I would like, but not that far really, and it is relatively close to Huntsville as well, allowing you to grab a restaurant dinner at the Pasta Factory or the Dockside Restaurant, grab anything from the shops, Canadian Tire, Outfitters, fuel. Yet, you still get a very nice place to spend a relaxing night before or after your trip. I would recommend it for sure, and I will be using it in the future, for myself, my wife, and my son. I rated it five stars though, that's a first impression rating, as I have not stayed there overnight yet.

Gary Dunne
2007-06-11
Canada

July 2006 -- I had an excellent and comfortable stay. This is a beautiful B&B, very clean and it's run by a really sweet couple. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a place to stay in the area. Also, very affordable, an amazing kitchen to cook in, a huge screen TV, lots of games and stuff to do on site. I loved this place and do plan to go back.

Gina
2006-08-02

Best Hostel expirience. Wonderful hosts and people. Very clean and tidy place.

Rajesh
2006-05-01

Explore Algonquin Park and stay just 5 minutes down the road, in a classic and very unique Timberframe Log Cabin at the Wolf Den! We offer very affordable, clean accommodations and have friendly, knowledgeable on-site owners to provide you with the best information on the area's activities. There are private rooms for 2 and 4 people and large 8 person dorm rooms, as well as 2 private cabins. Rates start at $22 in the summer and $30 in the winter. We have a large fully equipped communal kitchen and cozy, yet spacious lounge with a fireplace to relax in after spending the day in the park. We have a very chilled atmosphere and are not a party place. You can also sweat it out in our new cedar log sauna and share stories with people from literally all around the world around the campfire. Check us out!

Address: 4568 Highway 60, Oxtongue Lake, Algonquin Park (Algonquin Provincial Park), Ontario, Canada

Algonquin's Wolf Den Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld

Website Algonquin's Wolf Den Backpackers Algonquin Park www.wolfdenbunkhouse.com
Phone Number: +1 (705) 635-9336

Safe Deposit Box

Reception Hours: 8:00-11:00pm

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Algonquin's Wolf Den Backpackers