Oban Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Oban Backpackers" at Breadalbane Street.)

Breadalbane Street, Oban, County Argyll, Scotland
56.417723, -5.473187 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.obanbackpackers.com
+44 (0)1631 562 107

How is Oban Backpackers rated on other websites?

Great
I think we stayed in the newer hostel affiliated with Backpackers, and it was very nice. When we went, it was not very crowded. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lounge area was very spacious, the kitchen was large and well furnished and the eating areas were large enough to fit the dinner and breakfast crowd. The location is excellent. I would recommend during off-peak times.
Globetrottingsisters
2013-05-27

Do not stay here
I have traveled the world and visited many hostels, hotels and cannot get over how bad this hostel is. Bed was really uncomfortable. Staff were extremely rude (maybe due to my nationality). Such a disappointing stay in what is a quaint pretty town.
Lee Zhong
(Singapore)
2009-11-19

Poor
Cant get over the fact that I wasted a couple of nights at this hostel. I actually found a bug in my bed and when I complained to the hostel worker, she said that I was lying, made me feel two inches tall, but she amongst a few other guests were drinking most of the night around the pool table. also sucked that we had to come in early on the weekends. really depressing place to visit after a pretty good trip to Scotland. I have stayed in some fairly dodgy hostels (London, which is really hard to find decent backpackers accommodation), but this was truly a letdown.
Paul
(England)
2009-03-31
  I stayed here early August 2006. Hostel quite nice but staff very fake (I overheard them bitching about a group of guests who were on a tour). Midnight curfew on weekdays and two a.m. on weekdays is also ridiculous, also no lockers in rooms or locks on bedrooms doors.
Anon
2006-08-23
  My friend and I stayed at hostels all over Europe this past month, and this one has to be the best! The beds are comfortable (they all have funky names!), the common area is excellent, its very clean, the showers were great, the staff are friendly and helpful (especially Kylie at reception!), and this is such a great seaside town -- you must visit and stay here. We felt so secure here, too. Just be warned that reception closes everyday from one to four-ish (I think for cleaning and such), but you can just set your stuff down, hang out, or go walk around; you'll be fine. Highly recommended.
robina
2006-06-16
  This is a really well priced and very clean hostel. I think it's probably one of the best in Scotland.
Janine
2006-04-26
  This is a pretty cool place, perfect for just a one or two night stay. It's part of a chain of backpackers that are all really good value for money. No problems with this place at all. Very close to everything.
2005-04-15
  Great location, close to all the local pubs, clean enough, good facilities, friendly staff, and a nice common room. Pleasant hosteling experience!!
Terry