Spoon & the Stars, Drogheda

8.7

Spoon & the Stars is listed at the following booking sites:

HostelsClub Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Spoon & the Stars rated on booking websites?

Spoon & the Stars Reviews

The best!

During our two-week tour around Scotland and Ireland, this was by far the best hostel we stayed at. The staff is very friendly and always prepared to help you, or provide you with information. We had a great time staying here!

Daan
2009-09-19
The Netherlands

Brilliant

I had such a great time! I loved the area, the people, the staff. Everything was so great! I'll be sure to come back to see Green Door and Drogheda.

Melody Dodderer
2009-09-16

This is a new hostel with really good facilities -- they recently moved from their other location -- the reception looks like a hotel with really nice decor. Downstairs there is a cosy TV room and a well fitted out kitchen. We stayed there for three nights and had a ball. The dorms were clean and functional. The staff were really nice and helpful. We went by train and it is only a minute from the train station. the town itself has loads to offer -- the large shopping centra, Scotch Hall is only accross the road from the hostel, and we found some great pubs with live music. Definitely a great place to stay and visit -- we will be back.

Niamh
2006-08-08

Seemed a bit expensive at 60 Euros for one tiny double room beside a motorway with traffic keeping us up all night, also its covered in wooden floors, which, even though it makes it look nice its REALLY noisy you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on, also no hot water. They didn't do much to help me, but it is close to town...

Martin
2004-11-22

I went here last year, and I found great friends (Teeboo!!!) and the girl I love, my sweet, sweet Lna. And this place is a truly good starting point to visit the region, which is well worth a visit.

Carlos, Italy
2004-11-12

This place seemed to be inhabited by Turks who were working locally as nurses rather than the usual sort one meets in hostels. The only room available had two beds (although I needed just one for myself) so the price was a rather steep 40 euros, if memory serves. The desk clerk/guide was a friendly Goth-metal dude with a lot of helpful advice, and he seemed to know the area rather well, although the town itself has little to recommend it. I've stayed in worse places and I've stayed in better, but it's nice and close to the bus depot.

James
2004-09-22

I stayed there for 2 nights and it was great. Due to the season, there weren't many people there, but it was great and it has alot of potential.

Maeve
2004-07-26

This place is awful! I swear I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay here. The bathroom floor was falling in; they had covered it with contact paper and a rug! The place reeked of body odor and burnt food. The staff was just foul. I had a four-person room, and the lock was broken on the door. I had to ask several times if they would fix it, so I could leave my stuff. The toilet seat was broken, and I was afraid of what I might catch from the bathroom. This was the worst place I had been, and I had been on the road for two weeks and stayed in other places. I was supposed to stay for three days; I left after one. Don't stay here!

Heather
2004-06-23

Spoon & the Stars Reviews from the Web

Generally good. Seemed to be an under-emphasis on making sure doors latched properly and general piggy-backing into the building (which was perhaps convenient, but still not ideal). Really nice place in a nice town. An ideal spot to stay for a next-day flight, as it keeps you out of the city and has amazing access to Knowth and Newgrange, an absolutely top-tier destination in Ireland. Also have to recommend drinks at Hole in the Wall, one of the best pubs in Ireland.

thomaswwhittington909
2022-07-24

It's soooo close to everything. Staff is the best, free breakfast and the atmosphere is a great one. Really loved staying at this hostel! It's real value for money.

NicooE
2022-07-18

Best place to stay in the world! Very Homey atmosphere, friendly staff that make you feel so welcome! I would highly recommend this place!

cobusdejager159833
2022-03-06

Boho-style hostel with a homely atmosphere.

daysi
2021-08-26

Liked: Very friendly and helpful staff (hi, Sal!), convenient location, cozy rooms, atmospheric premises. Didn't like: Almost nothing.

2017-01-07

Such a welcoming, clean amd relaxed hostel/home. Breakfast with fresh fruit was wonderful!!

2014-08-02

Liked: Friendly staff, only a few minute walk to the town centre and clean facilities. Didn't like: n/a

2014-05-24

Spoon and the Stars Budget accommodation is located in Drogheda just 25 mins drive from Dublin airport.

The River Boyne, routeway to the historic Boyne Valley, flows through Drogheda town which is ten minutes drive from Newgrange, Monasterboice and Mellifont Abbey. Drogheda itself is an old medieval still unspoiled by tourism with many things to see including large section of it's original walls as well as Millmount Museum and the head of St' Oliver Plunkett.

• From Dublin Airport.
• By Car: Take the M1 (Northbound) and follow the signs for Drogheda South. We are just after the train station on your left,across from Scotch hall.
• The trip will take about 20 minutes.
• By Bus: Take the No. 100 Bus from Bus Stop No. 8 outside the main arrivals lounge. The bus journey is about 40 minutes to Drogheda Bus station.
• From Dublin City.
• By Car: Take the M1 (Northbound) and follow the signs for Drogheda South.
• The trip will take about 35 minutes (allow longer during Dublin rush-hour traffic).
• By Bus: The 100 or 101 Buses from Busáras leave every half an hour and take 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Drogheda.
• By Train: Commuter Trains leave from Pearse St, Tara St. and Connolly Station and take 55 minutes to reach McBride station in Drogheda.
• The Enterprise Service leaves Connolly Station only and takes 31 minutes to reach McBride Station in Drogheda.
• From Belfast.
• By Car: Take the M1 (Southbound) and follow the signs for Drogheda South.
• The trip will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes (allow longer during Belfast rush-hour traffic).
• By Bus: The No.1 or 200 Bus from the Europa Bus Centre leaves every two hours and takes 1 hour and 55 minutes to get to Drogheda.
• By Train: The Enterprise Service leaves Belfast Central Station and takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach McBride Station in Drogheda.
• From all other cities in the Republic of Ireland.
• By Car: follow main road to Dublin. Take the M50 Northbound and then the M1 Northbound following the signs for Drogheda South.
• By Train: All trains from the West and South run to Heuston Station in Dublin with Luas transfer to Connolly Station. All Trains from the South-East run directly to Connolly Station. (Tip: when buying a ticket get one directly to Drogheda as it is cheaper and the cost covers the Luas transfer from one station to the other).
• By Bus: Take the bus to Busáras and then the bus to Drogheda.
• From Bus Station: Walk out of the bus station in Drogheda and make your way straight across the road, The Green Door is 200 metres to the right.
• From McBride Train Station: Walk out onto the main Road and turn right. Walk on straight for 13 minutes. The Green Door is on the right hand side of the street
• For Bus timetables and prices go to www.buseireann.ie
• For Train timetables and prices go to www.iarnrodeireann.ie
• For booking flights go to
• www.aerlingus.com
• www.ryanair.com
• www.aerarann.ie
• For car travel information go to www.aaireland.ie

Address: 13 St Marys Terrace Dublin Road, Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland

Spoon & the Stars is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Spoon & the Stars Drogheda (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +353-(0)-86-4058465

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 16

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Maximum Stay: 1 month

Open Dates: 4th January to 23rd December

Reception Hours: 9 AM - 11 PM (09:00-23:00)

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Spoon & the Stars