Hostel Manaus

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostel Manaus" at Rua Lauro Cavalcante, 231.)

Rua Lauro Cavalcante, 231, Centro, Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
-3.133704, -60.018472 (accuracy not guaranteed)
Office: (92) 3233 4545 Cell: (92) 81539259

How is Hostel Manaus rated on other websites?

Worest Hostel I've experienced
I chose the hostel because I would like to have some help from English speaking staff and meet other travelers. However, it's the worst hostel I've experienced. Staff can not speak English at all. I was told the dorm room is separated by gender. I would only stay in the female room. but when I came back in the evening, the room was full of men and even my bed has been taken. The room is stinky, I have complained several times but no response. No light in room, there is bulb shortage according to staff. and he even did try to find solution. It's very noise till midnight. I can not sleep. Absolutely. What I can do? just find another hotel and move out next day.
(China)
2010-03-17
  Surprisingly there aren't many backpacker-style accommodation options in Manaus so I was glad when I heard about this one. Being a single traveler, I really like friendly places with communal areas where you can meet other travelers -- Hostel Manaus has outdoors areas as well as comfy couches so was perfect for me! The hostel feels very secure, the staff are lovely, the place was thoroughly cleaned every day that I stayed there, and because it's so new, at least for now I can say that the bunk beds were the most comfortable and clean I experienced all over South America. Unfortunately, renovations were not quite complete when I was there, but it will be great when the rooftop is ready for BBQs. Overall, I was very happy. Booked in for one night -- stayed for over a week.
Gen