The Four Courts Hostel, Dublin

Christchurch
3.4

The Four Courts Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book The Four Courts Hostel

How is The Four Courts Hostel rated on booking websites?

The Four Courts Hostel Reviews

Super nice, good location, good facilities

Fran especially was super nice and friendly, always there with a smile to help out in any way she could. I was in a private room on the top floor and it had wood floors, firm comfortable beds, and good light. Kitchen was good and was a nice place to meet other travelers. Convenient location by the river and near enough to places of interest without being in the hectic and loud temple bar area.

Brandon
2014-10-05
usa

Fantastic

this hostel went above and beyond my expectations, it has everything you could ask for. the staff were very friendly and always up for some good banter. i stayed here for new years and the pub crawl they organised was extremely good fun and saved us a fortune as for 30euros you got entry to five pubs and a club, free champagne to toast the new year, a free guinness and shots at each pub. The beds were nice and comfy and the location is excellent. Finally, the only slight negative is that breakfast finishes a tad too early but aside from that to score this hostel 11 out of 10 wouldnt even do it justice.

chris
2012-01-02
england

Social hostel near Temple Bar

I stayed here in January 2009 and found it to be fine for my hostel needs. The common area is great for meeting people. Breakfast ends quite early if I remember correctly, so we had to set our alarms to run down there to get a bowl of cereal and toast. The elevators are very narrow, so you're better off taking the stairs of you get claustrophobic. I was in a room with 16 beds and an en-suite bathroom, but it attached to another room of at least 8 beds, so people were always coming and going throughout the night. The showers are those push kind to preserve water, which was slightly irritating. I liked the location because it was close to Temple Bar, which was great. The security situation is odd, though, since they give you a colored slip of paper which is supposed to let them know that you're a guest. Otherwise a great visit!

#
Caroline
2011-08-02

there was a good time in the four courts in 2005 with good and friendly staff. clean hostel, yes it was! my friend was there last week -- it's just sh*t, not clean, and the staff is not friendly!

jaclyn
2007-04-27
australia

I reserved for the female dorm specifically only to find a guy in there one night (rude when I asked him why). When I complained the hostel said they sometimes have to put guys in the female dorms -- for older women like me, this is is bizarre and thoughtless. But young partyers may like the idea. It really is a place for the under-twenty-five crowd -- but even then, only two dirty showers -- months old mildew on the stalls -- and two occasionally working toilets for at least twenty people. The two staff I talked to were friendly enough, but unapologetic about the guy in dorm thing.

Therese
2006-09-08

i stayed here twice, once for a month and the other for three weeks. love the place, but it is what you make it. like any hostel, the more people you talk to the more fun it is and this is so true of four courts. the first time i stayed there it was fine and i would have recommended it to people but i didnt love it. the second time i spoke to anyone and everyone and it was sooo much fun and i met so many fantastic people.

also the staff are fab, have a chat with them! kitchen is really well equiped and easy to use. only complaint there really needs to be another fridge! longterm rates are also great, and include free laundry each week! i strongly recommend this place to anyone thinking about or planning on going to dublin!

jen
2006-06-30

A very large and efficient hostel right in the middle of the action, Four Courts is value for money and delivers pretty much everything you might hope for.

The colourful reception boasts staff that are friendly, attentive, and efficient, with good attention to security. There is space for bags to be stored and for laundry to be done. Limited pay parking is available along the street.

The kitchen area is very clean, with plenty of amenities and a place to sit with one eye on the telly. Breakfast is served with swagger, and when you're done, amble over to the large entertainment areas with pool, games, and more telly. Bedrooms are a little more en masse, with steel frames and lockable cages for storing bags. Some are at ground level next to streets made noisy by late night drunks and early morning traffic. Bathrooms are as expected for large dorms, floors awash with water and push-button showers with somewhat less than maximum heat.

Heading out, the hostel is very close to the brewery and no more than ten to fifteen minutes walk to O' Connell Street and the museums.

Overall, a very well run hostel for its size and if the buzz of the crowd is your thing, then you'll have a great time.

Eric Savage
2006-05-29
South Africa

When I booked this hostel I thought I'd be staying in the eighth best hostel in the world. Little did I know that I was about to be very disappointed. We stayed in the mixed dorm of 12 people; attached was a mixed dorm of 16 people. We all shared a tiny bathroom with two toilets and two showers!!! I've never seen anything like this before. It was horrible, and it was dirty and smelly all the time. It was one of the worst hostel experiences I have ever had.

I have been to many hostels before, and I can say very positively this is one of the worst hostels and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone (apart from the drunken geezers on their drunken weekend away ;-)). I have even posted my reviews on HostelWorld (another hostels guide website), and my review was deleted (they censor the "reviews" on HostelWorld)!!! Very interesting, as I saw it on the website when I wrote the review, but it disappeared the same evening. I really wonder why.

Andrea
2005-10-25

The Four Courts Hostel Reviews from the Web

Liked: Location. Didn't like: No curtains in shower. Too warm, no temperature regulation.

2018-02-20

Liked: The location is good for exploring Dublin. Didn't like: Considering the price, the facilities were pretty subpar and the atmosphere was pretty antisocial. Considering the rating it had when I booked, I expected the staff to be more welcoming and for the hostel to coordinate more events/going-out.

2017-08-18

Liked: good value for the long trip and friendly staff Didn't like: Each two days should clean all the rooms of the hostel as I thought.

2017-07-17

friendly staff, breakfast...

2017-05-21

2017-04-30

I like hostel

2017-04-05

Staff are helpful and rooms are cosy

2017-03-15

Liked: helpfulness of staff Didn't like: wifi didnt work in the room

2017-03-12

Liked: The entertaining things.

Julio Didn't like: The bathroom for women its may a bathroom for women. She is more safe when she Will take a shower.

Julio

2017-02-28

Liked: Good location, nice workers, nice vibes. Didn't like: My upper bunk didn't have a safety bar so i was afraid I'd fall down.

2017-01-21

The floor outside bedroom 110 most be fix.

From inside the bedroom it's possible to fell people walking outside.

Despite of that e everything really good.

Wellington
2016-09-29
Brazil

just used bed an shower but all very good,,staff was nice and helpful on arrival good location

chris
2015-06-24
Ireland

Wonderful place ;)

Alberto
2014-12-22
Italy

Very good place to visit Dublin, not far from some attractions an d monnuments. Not too noisy, staff very friendly.

Alexis
2012-11-13
France

Good location and helpful staff.

Marko
2012-06-18
Finland

Little rooms to share. It's difficult open your bag because there is another bed very very near.

Sometimes it's very cold in the room

Luck with your roommates!

Patricia
2011-06-27
Spain

I'd say pretty much perfect.

Oda
2010-09-02
Norway

i enjoyed my stay there. As well as it's at a quite long walking distance from the bus station and the train station (20/25 min), I would go back.

Nunzia
2010-04-06

Very nice and clean place. Near the city center and temple bar but not :)

Barbara
2010-04-04
Poland

It was perfect... I'm so happy that I found this Hostel... I get to know so much new people and the reception guys were very nice and helpful... they answered all my questions... it was perfect... thanks for this nice holiday

Sarah
2009-06-05
Germany

Who?
The world famous Four Courts Hostel was voted Number 1 Hostel Worldwide by Hostelz.com customers in September 2003, best hostel in Dublin for 2004 and 2003.

What?
We provide a large selection of en suite facilities with keycard security in a set of three beautifully restored Georgian buildings which overlook the River Liffey.

Services include:
* 24hr security
* Large self catering kitchen
* Towels in Private Rooms
* Pool table and Jukebox
* Discount Phones in rooms(€3 for 30 minutes anywhere in the world!!)
* Laptops storage
* Digital TV
* Free city map
* Guidebooks for guests use
* Recycling facilities
* Friendly helpful staff!!
* Groups of all sizes welcome!

Additional facitlities:
* Laundry service
* Security boxes & padlocks hire

Where?
City center, with easy access to all the major sitest. On the edge of the Temple Bar district, you will be next to the best ‘craic' in the world. We are also beside Ireland's oldest pub, The Brazen Head.

What you really need to know is that we will do everything possible to ensure you enjoy your time in Dublin!

'First rate mega hostel'-Lets Go 2004'
Please note that the 16 bed dorm shares bathroom facilities

Video of The Four Courts Hostel

Here is a video of The Four Courts Hostel. The video gives you a better understanding of what you can expect.

• Christchurch, adjacent to Temple Bar.
• From the Airport:
• -There is a taxi rank outside the arrivals hall. It will cost around €20-€25.
• -Hop on the No.748 Bus that goes to Heuston station and ask to be let off at Merchant's Quay.
• This stop is right beside our hostel and it will cost €6.
• -There is also a 24hr bus service, the Aircoach Express Bus, that brings you to O'Connell street for €7.
• -A cheaper option is the regular bus #4 or #16A which will drop you at O'Connell Street and a short walk along the river will get you to us. This bus costs €1.90
• From the Bus Station: The No. 90 will cost just €1.10, or a taxi should cost around €6.00. You can also take the Tram (€1.40) and get off at The Four Courts, we are just across the river.
• From the Train Station:The No. 90 bus runs between both Heuston and Connolly Stations and it passes right outside our door! The Tram also runs between Heuston and Connolly but you must cross the river from The Four Courts stop.
• From The Dublin ferry port: Outside the Port you can get No. 53 or 53A Bus which will leave you in The City centre, a short walk from the Four Courts Hostel. If you are driving follow the signs to the city centre which will lead you to the south bank of the River Liffey, pass four traffic bridges and we are on the left!
• A good option for large groups is to ask us to arrange for a private minibus to collect you and drop you at our doorstep. This costs €8.50 per person.

Address: 15-17 Merchant's Quay, Christchurch, Dublin, Ireland

The Four Courts Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website The Four Courts Hostel Dublin (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +353 1 6725839