Narrara Backpackers Hobart, Hobart

Narrara Backpackers Hobart is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com

It is the only way to book Narrara Backpackers Hobart

Narrara Backpackers Hobart Reviews

Small, friendly place Mo is very polite, friendly, and efficient owner

I had a look at the different hostels in Hobart, and from what I saw Narrara is really the best one. It was recently renovated and looks very cute and modern. It is a small and friendly place, very welcoming. It doesn't look like a backpacker accommodation. The owner, Mo, is amazing. He's very polite, friendly and efficient. He remembered our names when we came back a week later to stay at Narrara again, and he even remembered the double room that we had. In our double room there was not a lot of space because the bed filled almost the whole room, but it's the only criticism I can say about the place. I highly recommend it.

emily
2010-12-11
france

You can do better

Although the rooms (tiny tiny) were nice and clean, the common room, bathrooms and kitchen were all dirty and dingy. It really wasn't a nice atmosphere at all. The layout left a lot to be desired -- not enough showers and not on every floor; sinks were in hallways; and the narrow, winding, low-ceilinged corridors left you feeling like you were in a labyrinth. Not a nice atmosphere at all.

Jessie
2010-07-12
Australia

Great hospitality and cosy atmosphere

Stayed at Narrara overnight, in summary was very impressed by the owner Mo's kind hospitality. He assisted us in every possible way he could and more.

Rooms were large and cosy, kitchen had everything we needed to cook ourselves late snacks. I recommend staying here, as new management sure know what they are doing.

M
2009-10-05
Australian

Smelly, dirty, and rude

Dark, smelly, unwelcoming, dirty. The staff were rude and less than helpful. All they were interested in were taking our money. I particularly didn't like being called girl. When we complained the owner told us he owned two other hostels in Hobart and he knows what he is doing. So beware when you book a hostel bed in Hobart, it could be his! We left as soon as we could find an alternative place to stay.

sarah Scanlon
2009-02-17
Australia

Rude owners

Unfortunately this was our first port of call in Tasmania and we were greeted by the most rude man I have ever come across! He was hiding in a pokey hole and when we finally found him he did not look like he wanted to budge from his seat. When it came to paying I was told that they only accept cash, and not being advised this at the time of booking I did not have the cash on me. The next day our credit card details were taken and we were advised that they would not be responsible for the amount that they would take if we did not return with the cash. A bit harsh given that the mistake was one of their own! It's a shame because the hostel could be nice if it were not for the rude owners, I would never recommend it. I am sick of traveling around Australia and being greeted by staff in hostels who seem to think that they can treat you like second class citizens!

Charlotte & Steven
2008-04-13
British

Hmmmm...

I stayed here in 2001 but as there are no comments I feel I should put something. Yes, it is centrally located (but then again most hostels are as Hobart has a small and compact city centre) but my experience all of those years ago was that the then manager of this small and otherwise cosy hostel was an extremely intimidating person complaining noisily if so much as a teaspoon was left unwashed on the sink and simply came across as having a screw loose. Now I know that the hostel may well have changed hands, but I felt so uncomfortable all those years ago I left after one or two nights.

Hannah
2008-02-01
England

Address: 88 Goulburn Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Narrara Backpackers Hobart is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Narrara Backpackers Hobart Hobart (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +61 (3) 62 348801

Currency Exchange

Reception Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Narrara Backpackers Hobart