Novella Inn Italy

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Novella Inn Italy" at Via De' Serragli, 7.)

Via De' Serragli, 7, Florence (Firenze), Tuscany, Italy
0039 339 7621859

How is Novella Inn Italy rated on other websites?

Tight
She gets annoyed if you shower for longer than 5 mins. Apartment turned into a hostel. Run by single mother.
John
(Australia)
2010-12-05

Disgusting bad and smelly
nothing to do with what they advertise, smells very bad. Bad location; old building (falling apart); very, very dirty toilets and beds.
Juan Fernandez
(Spain)
2008-10-20

Nice hostel, a little expensive and no communal area
This was quite adequate for my stay in Florence. The Italian staff were very nice but spoke little or no English. This isn't your typical backpackers hostel, there is no breakfast, kitchen area, or even communal area. In fact it seems to be a hotel with dormitories instead of rooms, the owner's family living on the same floor as the guests. It's quite well situated, fairly quiet (although at the weekend there were youths going back and forth on motorbikes in the street outside until the early hours). My only real gripe was with a truly strange Romanian cleaning lady who kept giving me creepy looks and who I didn't like manhandling my personal stuff at all (there are no lockers). There also seemed to be a lot of single Romanian women staying there who would sleep during the day and be out most of the night.
Gareth
(British)
2008-08-17

Bad, horrible, horribile
This hotel is dirty and the sanitary filthy. The camp bed have bedbugs (flea) my skin have been traumatised and i have to disinfect my house after. No lookers for the baggage. they dont keep your baggage. It is too expensive for that kind of ghetto (for a eight-beds room you've got ten beds). The nights is hard to sleep cause of the noise in the road (opera singer at 3 o'clock in the morning, cars, garbage truck). the only positive thing it is that they're near the center. It's better to pay a bit more than go there! Do not visit this hotel. The price is a trick.
Ben
(Français)
2008-08-02

Really Great
Perfect directions, nice hosts. Bring cash to pay. It was nice to sleep on a regular bed, no bunk beds, yay. Really modern, clean bathroom, great location. I was really satisfied. Keys can be a little confusing.
Paula
2007-07-27
  This place is fantastic!It's an easy walk from the station (we had our heavy packs on) and is only a few minutes walk from the main centre and ponte vecchio. The lady is lovely, and like said before, they live in this place. The dorm room we are in is massive! We are staying in the en-suite. It has four single beds and large windows. There is not much lighting in the room, as the ceiling has an old painted fresco on it, and is missing the light fitting, but there are nice bedside lamps. As you walk up the stairs (yes there are a few flights, but its lovely when you get to the top), you can sense what it would have been like for people of grand importance back in the fifteenth century! I felt as though i should have been swishing around in a pompous outfit! Our room is the en-suite which is 22.50eu/night. you could probably get a cheaper place, but this place is not like any dorm i've seen before. it has lovely polished floor boards and a brand new bathroom -- ten times nicer than my bathroom at home! There are heaps of cheap internet cafes in the street next to it. Don't be put off by the old looking building or the small lane. It is lovely inside. Make sure you have cash to pay, as this is more like a family ran pensione, rather than a tacky hostel. make sure you check the directions on a map before getting here.
Leigh
(Australia)
2007-05-15
  It is true that the room we stayed in looked nothing like the pictures posted. It actually had a lot more character with old plaster artwork on the walls. We stayed in a six-bed room which had no air-conditioning, but was kept comfortable with large windows (which they close during the heat of the day and open in the cool morning and evening) and a fan. The bathroom was the most modern one I had seen the entire time I was in Europe -- I loved it! The place was quite clean and we saw them cleaning each morning. There is no central lounge or kitchen, but a refrigerator and freezer is provided and there is a table and chairs where you can eat in the large, spacious bedroom (which had twin beds rather than bunk beds -- much nicer!). The location is convenient and there was a really nice, clean, and cheap internet place down the street as well as a laundromat. I highly recommend this place!
Christine
2006-08-21
  this is a very bad place situated in an old destroyed building, dirty with no posted signs anywhere, nothing with the description advertised in this web place, the pictures are not similar to reality. they steal your money. it is a hole.
victoria anzola