Email to make booking: email@example.com
Please note: We are almost full everyday now. If you would like to make a booking, you will need to book 2 days in advance. Alternatively, you can visit our website and contact us to find out the latest room availability. If we do not have space at Leo 1, we should have space at our second hostel, just 5 minutes walk away...
Full quote from the Lonely Planet China 2007 Edition (released in May 2007):
'Leo Hostel. Popular and crowded, it's best to phone ahead to book a room at this bargain hostel tucked away down Dazhalan Xijie. It has an attractive interior courtyard decked out with plastic plants, OK dorm rooms (pricier dorms with toilet), simple but passable doubles, a small but busy bar and a great location. Staff at reception make solid efforts at wooing international backpackers.'
Welcome to the Leo Hostel, Beijing's best choice for budget accommodation, as recommended by the Lonely Planet and many of China's top rated hostels...
We are one of Beijing's most popular hostels, with a reputation of friendliness and fun. Please read below to find out more... :)
Best location: We are one of the most central hostels in Beijing, only 5-10 minutes walk from Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Qianmen bus & subway center. There is no problem taking transportation to anywhere you want to go in Beijing. We can provide you with a free bus and subway map when you arrive. Please see our map (picture 4) and compare our location carefully with the other hostels.
Budget beds: We are a large hostel that can accommodate up to 100 guests. We have a wide range of accommodation types to suit all levels of budget, and further discounts can also be offered to long-term guests and tour groups.
Great tours: We have a wide selection of great tours, including the Great Wall, Acrobatics, Kung Fu, & Beijing Opera. We also have some special Leo Hostel tours, like our very popular Secret Great Wall tour, where you will be the only ones on the wall.
Great service: We are a very friendly, family-run hostel, with helpful, English-speaking staff that care. The management and staff have many years experience catering towards foreign customers, so our guests are sure to feel right at home :)
- FREE Internet computer. There is a free internet computer for guests to check their emails quickly. If you want to use the computer for longer, more paid internet computers are available, all with cameras and headsets (Skype available here ;). You can also burn your pictures on to a CD. Got a lap-top? We also offer a free connection wire for lap-tops.
- FREE luggage storage
- FREE security lockers for dorm rooms (our hostel also has 24 hour CCTV camera security)
- FREE local area map, showing banks, post offices, supermarkets, bus stops, subways, and everything else you need to know
- FREE Beijing information magazines - letting you know what's happening around Beijing right now
- FREE Chinese language guide - made by us to help you speak a little Chinese during your stay, and our staff can help you practice.
- FREE bar street map, made by us to help you find Beijing's cheaper/alternative bar scene, hidden off the main bar street.
- FREE pool / billiards table, darts board, guitar, & many other fun bar games
Facilities & Services...
- Large, friendly bar & restaurant, with western & Chinese food menu (vegetarians welcome!)
- DVD room with a wide selection of good quality movies (all with subtitles and no skipping ;)
- Laundry service
- Bike hire service
- CD burning
- Book exchange/sale, some *new edition* Lonely Planet China books available.
- Playstation 2 with latest games (Pro Evo ;)
- Plane, train ticket-booking & tibet permit service, and advice on getting to international destinations, such as Mongolia, Hong Kong, and Vietnam.
- International telephone call facilities
- Forward hostel booking service for other popular hostels in China (and we also can arrange for them to pick you up direct fom the station)
- Airport pick up and transfer
We have a prized location inside the famous Da Zha Lan hutong market streets, with over 600 years of history. The Da Zha Lan hutong markets are filled with bustling character, with interesting shops, restaurants and stalls, leading right up to Tiananmen Square itself.
The Leo Hostel is a traditional Chinese hutong hostel, beautifully decorated with traditional furniture and fittings. As an escape from the busy market streets outside, inside the hostel are several peaceful, green seating areas, where you can relax with a good book or quietly socialise with friends. Art and calligraphy exhibitions are placed throughout the hostel, and you can watch our in-house artist paint new works every day, or even take one of his kung fu / tai qi classes!
We are the most convenient hostel for transportation links. As we are so close to Tiananmen Square and the Qianmen subway & bus center, there is no problem taking transportation to anywhere you want to go, including the train station and airport shuttle bus terminals. We can provide you with our free Leo Hostel bus and subway map when you arrive. Many tourist sites are also within walking distance, such as Tiananemen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, Mao Mausaleum, Bei Hai Park, Liulichang Art/Culture Street, and many more...
Along with the normal Beijing tours, we also have some special Leo Hostel tours. Our 'Secret Wall' tour is very popular. You will be the only ones there and you will see the Wall in its most natural form, without cable-cars or people selling T-shirts! You'll also have the chance to meet a local village family for a delicious home-cooked meal. We also offer special Leo Hostel tours to Beijing beauty spots, where you can climb mountains, drift through natural gorges, go horse-riding, and try bungee jumping. And if you want to make your own private tour, we can arrange transportation for you.
Please read the ratings section to see what our satisfied guests have said about our hostel! You can also check the ratings on www.hostels.com (Hostelz.com associates).
Leo (Liu Yue Lai) has worked for over 10 years in Tourist Information & hostel management. He is now very proud to welcome his old friends and new guests to his very own, family-run hostel.
For LOTS more information, please contact us or visit our web-site.
We look forward to seeing you very soon!