Raging Elk Adventure Lodging, Fernie

8.5

Raging Elk Adventure Lodging is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Raging Elk Adventure Lodging rated on booking websites?

Raging Elk Adventure Lodging Reviews

Not good

the hostel is a good place as is the people who work here. the problem is the owner is a bit of a fascist. it doesn't say the website that they closed the common areas at 1 am in the morning but also that the owner bully's the clients and tells to leave and shuts it when he feels like it. He tried to close it at 11.30 just by telling us to get out, but we said we were entitled so stay there until at least 1 he stormed off.

jeff
2010-01-18
nz

This is definitely a budget place. There's nothing actually wrong with it, it's clean enough and the location is good. It's just a little run down and I found the common area in the basement to be an atmosphere black hole. They also do stupid stuff like offering a shuttle bus trip to Cranbrook and charging $20. I mean you'd only need four people and you could rent a car and do it for less! Also they wouldn't give breakfast if the kitchen were left messy, which I found a little retarded. The messiness is usually due to a few slobs, and meanwhile everyone else who thought they would get a free breakfast doesn't. Still, the staff are friendly and it's cheap, so if you want to save money and don't expect too much it's fine.

Kezza
2005-07-13

This is a cool hostel, with private rooms with private bathrooms, a huge kitchen, and a big movie room with some free movies to choose from! Drinking IS allowed.

Jon and Brandi
2005-06-11

My boyfriend and I had a great ski trip in Fernie last year and staying at the Raging Elk topped it off! It's cozy, funky and has a super friendly staff. It was a great place to come back to after a day on the slopes. We'll be back this year for sure.

Jeanette
2004-12-17

I had a great stay. Joe and Sadie are lovely, and know everything you need to know. Thanks for the free pancakes and coffee. I love the place, and Fernie is wonderful, too. Joe, thanks for taking us to your secret pool in the mountains. It was bloody unbelievable.

2004-07-05

I had a good time here. It's not extremely clean, but there are no bugs. There's a free breaky, good kitchen, common-room, and a pool table and big-screen TV. Rents by the month are cheap, definitely a budget place, crowded but rooms have their own bathrooms. Make sure you specify if you want a co-ed room or not, or they'll automatically give you one.

Lonestranger
2004-02-02

Raging Elk Adventure Lodging Reviews from the Web

Just an airless pod

evans04519852
2022-07-30

We had a great stay at the Raging Elk in a private room, no A/C but they provide fans for each room. Everything was clean and working well. The only amenities they offer is a Bar with snack food items. Over all would stay there again as it was a great price !

danicajosefchak5292
2022-07-01

Super clean and new sleeping pods. Bathrooms were also very clean. Kitchen had everything you needed and is quite spacious! The hosts were incredible and very accommodating.

brownr1320524
2022-03-09

Our room was way too hot. It was 26 degrees in the winter. We had the heat off and yet it still kept getting hotter. We had to have our outside window open to cool it down and even then did not cool down. They removed the dishes from the kitchen but did not notify guest prior to our arrival so that we could bring our own from home so had to buy the cheap plastic dishes that they sold. Since it is such a small town there were not any choices to this alternative.

janetanneyoung4034
2022-02-24

Went with some friends of mine and we had so much fun! The staff were super nice and amazing, the facilities were nice and clean. Really enjoyed the large kitchen so we didnt have to wait long to cook our meals. And we had lots of fun playing ping pong! Definitely will be staying again in the future! 10/10 recommend.

LeafyTeag
2022-02-22

Good hostel, pod beds were good

2022-01-29

I slept in one of the pods it was good, more privacy than in a dorm. Common areas are big enough.

However all plates, cutlery and glasses were removed (to not spread Covid apparently), but you are welcome to BUY it at the reception for 5$.

dimitrichaux6864
2021-11-22

I love this hostel, it has everything you need to enjoy your stay in Fernie. The room was clean and comfortable. You can walk to the restaurants and pubs. Planningnto stay again to take advantage of the pool tables and theatre room!

tnad83673
2021-11-20

Cool place. I tried out one of the pods which was fun, but would recommend bringing ear plugs with you! The linens werent in the greatest shape but everything else was perfect - very clean washroom and showers.

lexpie3
2021-10-09

I enjoyed my stay here and tried out the pods for the first time! They are quite spacious and appear to be pretty soundproof. Was a nice place to stay for a last minute getaway and once the world opens up I would love to check this place out in full swing!

Kaitlin_d
2021-08-01

Great place super close to the centre of town. The individual pods were a wonderful fun idea, they did get very hot at night though.

charleymc8521
2021-07-31

The Hostel is a good value and good space overall. My feedback would be

1. Can they invest in some upgrades to the facilities? The hostel seems very dated with some very old decorum and NO AC!

2. Besides 2 bath towels and some linen there were no other towels available (I.e. face cloth, bath mat).

3. The hostel itself was not the cleanest. Most of this is related to the decorum but I felt they could have done better. Perhaps using a steam cleaner to get some of the grime?

bradyfigley1289
2021-07-30

Great facilities and staff! Recently renovated sleeping pods are very comfortable and have lockable luggage compartment, multiple plug-ins, and dimable lights. I provided feedback about including a fan in the pod (it was a very hot weekend) and they were quick to look into adding them! They even provided one to try out. Great atmosphere (even with covid) and the staff goes above and beyond. Would stay again!

stephzim
2021-07-16

Nice clean hostel,close to town centre.

Kitchen is unequipped -no cutlery,no plates or cups 'due to covid' I thought that was a joke.like I take a spare kitchen set with me everywhere I go. The bar in the hostel seems to have no covid regulations at all with no social distancing and no masks.shame they don't focus more on that side of thing instead of stripping the kitchen of all its utensils.

Kevinoboyl4966
2021-01-08

The staff here are extremely accommodating. Every staff member I encountered always ended with me leaving on a positive note. I had a wonderful experience and will most definitely stay here again. If I was to give one point of criticism which I also noticed in other reviews is that it is fairly dark anywhere you go inside. Some led light bulbs I think would really brighten your day. Other than that small detail I have nothing bad to say about this place at all. 10/10.

dpady4878
2020-12-18

Liked: It was a good location and staff was friendly. Didn't like: I received an email from Hostel Bookers indicating the balance due on arrival, however they then added tax on the full amount when I arrived. I think that this should be clear when booking as I only brought enough cash to pay what was mentioned in the email and what was quoted online as the price. This is misleading.

2014-04-15

Just all good

2012-10-06

free pancakes for breakfast, but the kitchen hs to clean!!it's on you if you want pancakes, clean your mess afterwards.that's a good idea.

2012-04-05

The huge kitchen is amazing! and free pancakes every morning hell yes!

2011-12-23

"Spend a night, not a fortune!" Nestled in the heart of Canada's snowbelt, the Raging Elk Hostel combines an outrageous social experience with easy access to the sickest powder skiing and snowboarding on the planet, and most radical mountain biking across Canada! Access world-class fly fishing, extreme white water rafting, diverse hiking trails and a cool mountain community right from our front doors! Private group kitchen, large bright common lounges available for meetings and gatherings, reading areas, pool table, large sauna, on-site parking with plug ins, large sunny patio and outdoor fire pit. We also feature a ski and snowboard tuning workshop, a fully equipped self-catering kitchen, spacious and lockable storage in rooms and out, FREE internet access, cable TV, coin laundry, and our very own 'Powder Hunter Ski Shuttle'. Ski and snowboard packages available, private rooms (with TV, fridge, ensuite), 4 person bunk rooms with ensuite and dorm rooms available. FREE Rocky Mountain pancake breakfast daily!

• Bus: The Greyhound bus service offers transportation to Fernie daily - year round. They are situated at Huskey/smittys Fernie. 2001 Highway 3Mountain high shuttle provides airport shuttles to Fernie from Calgary international airport and Cranbrook Canadian Rockies international airport during the winter months. www.mountianhighshuttle.omThe Fernie connector provides shuttles to Fernie from Calgary International airport and Cranbrook Canadian Rockies international airport during the winter months.www.fernieconnector.com
• Parking: Onsite parking available.Plug-ins also available.
• Location: Downtown Fernie....a 10 minute drive to Fernie Alpine Resort and literally minutes to other mountain activites.From Hwy 3/Crowsnest Hwy, turn left onto 9th St; we are at the intersection of 9th St and 6th Ave.
• Airport: Calgary International Airport is 3 1/2 hours drive to Fernie. From airport, take Hwy 2 South (100km). Turn right onto Hwy 533 (37km). Turn left onto Hwy 22 (70km). Turn right at Hwy 3/Crowsnest Hwy into Fernie (90km).***Cranbrook Airport will be international from December '07; from there it is a 1 1/2 hour drive to Fernie.

Address: 892 6th Avenue, Fernie, British Columbia, Canada

Evening Entertainment

Live Music/Performance

Table Tennis

Genders: Males Only

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Raging Elk Adventure Lodging