Wild Rover Huacachina, Ica

Huacachina
8.3

Wild Rover Huacachina is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Wild Rover Huacachina rated on booking websites?

Wild Rover Huacachina Reviews

Nice place to relax and make party at the weekend

I stay for some days in "Carola del Sur"... it is a great place to chill out and relaxing and on Saturday you can go to party in the new build discotek in the Hostal "Casa de arena" or enjoy electronic musik on sunday at the pool ... the beds are good and the nice green garden in the middle of the Hostal is good to drink a beer with new friends or have breakfast in the morning. i like this place and feel safe.

Sebastian
2012-01-31
German

Avoid like the Plague

I had my money stolen while i took a thirty second dip in the pool. The only person there was the girl behind the bar. When i complained and stated that i had only turned my back for a minute i was jostled by the other members of staff. I was told to leave the hostel. I returned and demanded my money or a fight. They called the police. Wankers! Dont go near the place.

2011-08-07
England

Bedbugs/chinchas

I stayed in Casa de Arena in late September 2010. Definitely a backpacker hostel and it is priced accordingly. The people I met there were all twenty-somethings from a diverse, international crowd and very cool. Many young backpackers like letting other guests into their beds but I had an unfortunate encounter with a group of travelers who are becoming increasingly common and have some particularly unsavory habits (I'm not talking about the Dutch). I had a great time partying on a Friday night in the bar but I woke up crawling with bedbugs. This wasn't just a few bedbugs, this was in the territory of thirty or so bugs in an assortment of sizes. I was not affected by their bites (reactions are highly variable) and I was refunded my 20 soles but it was not much peace of mind given my circumstances could have been easily avoided with a staff at least minimally aware of what shape their rooms are in. In general it is now a good idea to keep your luggage in the bathroom or at least off the floor when possible to avoid the further transmission of bedbugs via your own luggage. I had to give all of my belongings a poison bath once I got home.

2010-12-14
USA/EEUU

Frightening

I will start with the good thing. The pool and lounges. Now onto the bad. The staff is terrible, could truly care less about their customers. The bathrooms are filthy, we were here for three days and the only time they were cleaned was right as we were leaving. And lastly their security setup is frightening. The front door is left open 24/7 and we never saw someone at the front desk anytime after 10 pm, so essentially anyone could (and did) come in and wander around. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. There are plenty of happy, clean places with pools all around the oasis, this is not one of them.

brit
2010-07-26
United States

Basic but a lot of fun, with a great pool

This review is about Casa de Arena, and not the other hostal Carola del sur. I stayed here in November on a trip to Peru. Huacachina was just a one-night stop on the way to Lima. I was pleasantly surprised by the hostal. The pool area was great, and definitely a highlight of the hotel. The rooms were very plain, but were clean and the beds were comfortable. In the early evening there were a lot of guests hanging around the pool and drinking in the pool-side bar, Later in the night, after around 9 PM, every moved to the bar/danceclub up the stairs. This hostal definitely has the best social scene and party scene of any place in Huacachina -- I visited at least 4 other places with my friends and they were practically dead. In general, everything in Huacachina is more expensive than most parts of Peru, cuz its a tourist area with mostly foreign visitors, but i thought this hotel was well worth the price i paid to stay the night. When you are in Huacachina, definitely do the dune buggy and sandboarding tour. It was intense!

Tom Brusky
2010-01-06
United States

peor hotel en peru! no vayan!

La verdad no se que decir no si llamarlo hotel o establo,. muy mal servicio deberian cerrar este hotel, cuando lege a este lugar la atencion que resivi fue muy pesima y sobre todo muy caros como si fuesen hotel de 5 estrellas, y lo peor es que te tratan de estafar en los toures, yo compre un tour de buggy y me cbraron muy caro y derrepente encuentro a otro turista y me di la sorpresa que este habia pagadoo menos y asi iba encontrando muchos problemas con este chiringito de hotelucho. sobre todo ese dueno que es un malcriado, yo no recomiendo a nadies ir a este lgar es lo peor muy suio y muy desagradable.

Gonzalo
2009-09-23
Spanish

Very Bad Place

I do not recommend this, planned to stay in ica for three days but when I arrived in this hotel totally changed my plans and only a day left me to begin depending on the charge you face if you're a tourist or you are Peruvian. I try to Remove as much money as possible. the beds sound like they're in a whorehouse. plugs were without power, hot water went out at times, the toilet moved when you sat down, the windows of the rooms were closed -- you could not open and the only place where the air was entering the bathroom window. there were people living there who hung their underwear/bras on the balcony like an alley. the internet was slower than the turtles that were in the garden of the hotel if you can call this hotel. People had to fuss at night and until 4 a.m. without thinking that guests are asleep. be careful because they make plans for taxi drivers to charge more to tourists. Be very careful because I get to this hotel for a TV commercial I saw in the U.S. and the images could be seen showing a decent place for good infrastructure but the truth is all a mockery and a sham.

Alex
2009-09-17

Good

I got to this "casa" after walking around Huacachina, I must say after reading the reviews I didnt even consider this Hotel or the casa de arenas. but after looking around I found myself talking to a local and he recommend the Carola. this is a cheap, comfortable hostal but if you are looking for a luxurious, quiet, and five-star place this is not the one. The rooms indeed are small but have the basic things, the restrooms can use some improvement. Love the pool and have some drinks at the bar. We ask for towels and toilet paper everyday, the guys at the front desk were very helpful, some they even speak english. After Looking for some place to eat (try the places around the lake, they are a lil' bit cheaper that the one at Carolas but this place at night its like a pub), I ask where to go at night to have a beer, they recommend The casa de arena's bar, cozy place I must say. Overall I enjoy my stay, you can always ask to check the rooms before you decide. if you are young (or not), traveling with a budget, and want to meet other travelers this is the place.

Jackie Y.
2009-09-15
usa

Wild Rover Huacachina Reviews from the Web

This hostel is in a really good position, and is great if you want to party and be sociable. Cecelia who works here is amazing. The only downside was that when I arrived my bed wasnt room, and the bathroom hadnt been cleaned, and it took a while to get that sorted. Otherwise, it was perfect for what we wanted.

almorris19878131
2022-08-02

Staff were so rude and acted like I was disturbing them when I checked in. They didnt give any information, no code for the wifi, nothing about breakfast or places to go in the hostel.

The bathroom was dirty and smelly!

Security was poor they let anyone in to party and the dorms dont have locks so anyone can walk in. A guy walked into dorm room at 3am shouting hola ladies.

They refused to help book a taxi or answer questions! Stay at bananas adventure and just come to party!

aesyrichards5062
2022-07-31

We liked our room in terms of the beds and bathrooms etc. however extremely loud all night did not get any sleep. The pool looked nice but there was no one swimming so we just sat by the pool for a bit. Great location though and the wrist band tabs were good.

bellahorsfield
2022-07-28

Very comfy beds and hot showers, but paid 20 for a dorm bed which was overpriced and no comfy seating areas for when you dont want to drink and dance. Banana hostel down the road much nicer for food and chilling.

claudiesalem107742
2022-07-27

The location of this hostel is perfect. We had to wait 4 hours after check in time to receive a room. The staff were very apologetic but it was the day before Peruvians celebrate their Independence Day so I completely understood. The room was clean. No heat or AC. The water never got above lukewarm at best, at the end of July it gets cold at night so it was hard to take a cool shower. The pool was dirty. The drinks were okay and the food menu is small. The wifi is spotty- its the desert.

carrafan2286
2022-07-27

Comfortable bed

Clean hostel

Very noise come from out side all night they have party I cant sleep

adelfaisal3747
2022-07-23

Amazing hostel. Loved the beds, super clean. The staff was super friendly. Cecilia is so wellcoming and nice.

The only less positive thing was the food.

RaquelP
2022-07-21

Wild rover was amazing ! Great vibes, friendly atmosphere all around, staff were amazing especially the manager Cecilia who went above and beyond to make sure every one was comfortable and things ran smooth for your stay. So if you guys see this I just wanna say thank you so much for having me and I hope to see you guys again Lots of love Luis.x

luisskate8742
2022-07-19

I was not your average customer as Im 53 and was travelling with my daughter. However, I was thoroughly impressed and made to feel very welcome even if everyone

handree8466
2022-07-17

This is a cool hostel. Nice rooms, bar and pool. Its one of the only big hostels to stay at in Huacachina, so they do charge a bit more for beer etc than most places youll visit. The events they put on were a bit strange, eg karaoke was only on for 30 mins before they finished it, and a staff member sang twice. It was if they werent bothered doing it. Also they stopped the deal on buckets of beer early one night. Still a nice hostel overall.

2022-07-10

Amazing Stay !!! I absolutely loved staying at the hostel, the staff was absolutely amazing, they remembered my drink orders and Jesus at reception was absolutely great, remembers my name and helped me when there was a situation with a friend. Everyone is so nice, the beds are comfortable, the music is loud but honestly a small detail compared to the beautiful stay I had !!! Would 1000% recommend anyone who wants to go !

jzaatar7924
2022-07-10

if you are a fan of party, it is really a nice place to take. And the location is also so conveniently for you to visit the desert. But if you need a quiet space to rest or sleep, you should find another one.

wdonghui2019536
2022-07-08

My 4 bed room backed on to the bar so I knew it would be a struggle getting sleep. Things at the bar were also pretty expensive. Things in huacachina are super close so Id recommend staying somewhere else and coming here for the party if thats what youre looking for. I didnt even get a key to my dorm room.

erinmcquarrie2002
2022-07-08

Id highly recommend! Great atmosphere and the bar/pool area is perfect for socializing and relaxing. It can be a little loud but honestly it was way better than I expected for a party hostel and

I had no trouble sleeping

maddyj56569771
2022-07-05

Not a place for a good nights sleep! Ideal for a couple nights partying. Beds were comfy but dorms are on the small side and the bathroom in our dorm was pretty filthy (even though it was cleaned on the second day). Nice pool/bar area but a bit too much organised fun for our liking - would have been nice if staff let people chill in the pool instead of organising beer pong/slack lines etc. in there. You wont sleep, but youll have fun!

rosiebrent-turner1828
2022-07-01

Great Hostel, staff was amazing, and the atmosphere was very social

mikeymoultry2546
2022-06-30

Party hostel so dont expect quiet at night. Beds are comfy. The restaurant its not very cheap but the tasty of food was ok.

Kiseki92
2022-06-30

Nothing bad to say about this hostel! Its great! If youre a light sleeper and looking for an early nights sleep. This might not be the place for you, but other than that, no complains!

Winenight20
2022-06-29

Good hostel. Fun on the weekend. Nice beds and very welcoming. Drinks are overpriced and very easy to spend way too much money because everything is on a tab. Aside from that good environment and a nice place for 1 or 2 nights at most.

clarkjacobson
2022-06-24

Good:

-staff was generally nice and helpful

-busy hostel with a lot of people to meet

-rather nice pool area and bar (although some people found it cold)

-wifi was actually better than expected

-nice beds

Bad:

-showers by pool and in room both cold

-didnt allow check in until 4pm even though it says 2 on Hostelworld and bedroom and 3 at the front desk

-bathroom was pretty dirty

-bar and restaurant was super over priced, had 4 drinks and felt nothing - dont think they add alcohol to the happy hour speci

loganaitken8957
2022-06-24

In Huacachina, Casa de Arena has earned a reputation as a great place to
meet other tourists in a fun and relaxing environment.

Located at the base of a huge sand dune, Casa de Arena is a clean and
well-maintained hostel that prides itself on offering a wide range of
services and types of accomodations. For travellers on a budget, we offer
affordable dorm room beds. In addition, we also offer private rooms for
individual travellers, couples, and families.

During hot summer days, guests are encouraged to escape the heat inside
our large swimming pool. After your swim, you can grab a beer or a bag of
chips at our poolside bar. In the evening, you can climb up the sand dunes
in back of the hotel for an amazing view of the sunset over the desert
landscape.

On Friday and Saturday evening, the hotel is transformed into the most
popular discoteca (dance club) in the area. Guests are welcome to visit
the dance club for free; the party lasts all night long and will make you
want to dance for sure. Dancing and music is a big party of Peruvian
culture; why not take advantage of this opportunity to have a night of
pure fun?

We are licensed tour operators, and we offer a wide range of tours at very
reasonable prices. For example, the thrilling dune buggy & sandboarding
tour is offered three times per day, and we also have tours to the
Ballestas Islands and the wineries in Ica.

Our friendly and helpful staff are happy to answer any questions you have
about tourism in our little corner of Peru, and they can provide
suggestions to enhance your vacation in other cities as well.

• Casa de Arena is well located near all the best attractions and
• restaurants. We are on the main street of Huacachina, Angela Perotti
• Avenue, a two minute walk from the oasis. Huacachina feels like a small
• desert resort town; most of the people there are foreign and domestic
• tourists. Huacachina is a ten minute drive by taxi from the bus stations
• in Ica; taxis inside the bus stations are cheap and safe.

Address: Av. Angela de Perotti, Balneario de Huacachina, Huacachina, Ica (Huacachina), Ica Region, Peru

Wild Rover Huacachina is listed on the following booking sites:

Min. Age with Parent (private room):

Min. Age without Parent:

Note:

Checkout: 13:00 (1 PM)

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Wild Rover Huacachina