A Good Youth Hostel which offer good price and service
I love this hostel as they provide you with a lot of useful information by the information sheets that are posted everywhere on the walls like the bus and the metro routes for the Chengdu tourist spots as well as tours around the Sichuan areas. I only stay here for a night and my room is near the road, on the 1st floor. The noise of the traffic only goes down towards the midnight but it is not a problem for me as I go to sleep after the midnight. Many guests who are backpacker, leave favourable comments on the wall. The receptionists may be too young and speak average English only. However, they are generally helpful and enthusiastic in performing their tasks. I will definitely live in this hostel again when I visit other places near the Sichuan Province (Tibet) in the near future.
Age 47 | Hong Kong
Fun, friendly place
Spent a few nights here and really enjoyed it. It's not the fanciest hostel but it's very comfortable, staff are extremely helpful, and it's got a great vibe. Internet is good and works in many places (though not the rooms -- this is China after all). Lots of tours and info available. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are a bit small but it's nice that the beds have curtains so there's privacy. I wish more hostels had that feature! There's food for sale and it's pretty good at decent prices which is nice for lazy nights. The location is a bit far -- I'd stay at Lazybones next time just because it's closer to things (and it's owned by the same people so I expect it to be just as good.) Another great thing -- there's a huge area to dry your laundry. Very helpful!
Home away from home
I have stayed in the Mix Hostel a couple of times in October (for one night) and November (a week). It was the first hostel I have ever stayed in so I didn't know what to expect. Straight away the hostel seemed very welcoming, the staff are brilliant. Many speak English and always seem happy and always willing to help. I stayed in dorms (four- and six-bed), although relatively small they had decent features such as reading lamps, storage lockers, and hooks to hang things on as well as a small shelf next to each bed. The food was quite good, although the pizzas are very cheesy. Bathrooms, toilets were relatively clean and the western toilets were a godsend. If you stay on the second floor you have to go up a floor to shower, a minor gripe. The showers themselves are decent but the temperature can change frequently if other people are using water. Location is decent -- thirty minutes' walk to Tianfu Square. Taxi costs 15yuan from main bus station Xinnamen. One of the best things about Mix hostel is the atmosphere, the outdoor garden (which I missed the first time) is a great place to relax, talk to people, and have a drink or two. When I come back to China and go to Chengdu I will definitely stay again.
Nice impression but bad performance
Showers are broken, internet is the slowest possible if there is any access at all, staff speaks minimal english, ac doesn't work properly or rattles all night like a rattlesnake. toilets and all around smell, the songpan tour they offer looks like a good deal but you get drunken drivers leaving off without you. a deposit of 200 yuan leaves you with a threat to call the police as the deposit slip isn't worth a dime. they call you a liar claiming you never paid for the rooms, which is ridiculous for we spent over 5000 yuan going to the opera and songpan and the panda's. they wake you up in the morning telling you have only ten minutes left to catch the bus instead of the one and half hour they told you the day before. reservations are just deleted without reason so when you come back from songpan the rooms are sold, so why take chances?
Yes, definitely one of the best!
we stayed there in june 2007. well, they have everything that you need in a hostel. free drinking water, free internet access, board games, and helpful staff!
This hostel is fairly westernized and the staff really do speak English. I didn't have to reserve a room online with some kind of percentage fee, wondering if I was investing in a good thing. I just e-mailed them and asked them to save a room for me and friends. They responded quickly and were even accommodating to last-minute flight changes. The hostel itself doesn't look like that much on the outside. The entrance is shrouded by bamboo plants. But inside, it's got the worldly style of a backpacker hostel. Staying there for four nights, the biggest assets were the willingness of the staff to help you, the array of foreigners from everywhere whom you could converse with -- that is, if you could find a seat -- and the showers. I've been living in China for four months and I've never had such a good shower. The kitchen and menu isn't the greatest, but it mainly appeals to tourists rather than backpackers. I'd rather eat at a dingy noodle house and burn my throat on Sichuan cooking (and I thought Xin Jiang food was spicy!). This place isn't as authentic and charming as some other hostels you might find, but it is a very comfortable place to be.
This is one of the best hostel I have been! This is by far the best in China. The location is great, the staff is really nice and good, the hostel is very clean, and the atmosphere is really cool and great. What else can I say? I was there in June last year (2006).
One word I can say about this hostel is excellent. They helped me in every step to travel there. Also I can get each and every facility in there. I think this is the best hostel in Chengdu.
Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews from the Web
The location of the hostel is extremely convenient. Staff is super friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, if given a chance. Good value for money!
Good facilities and room for what we needed - bed was slightly uncomfortable. Shared toilet and showers were clean and good water pressure - didnt have an issue with needing to go and not being able to use the facilities. Lady working on reception had great English and was able to help and advise us well. 1 suggestion is that their tours are expensive. Leshan tour was 700 but public transport (train) was 54 one way. Receptionist didnt say when we asked if there was a cheaper way to get there
The hostel was great! Clean and tidy with good amenities available. The showers were nice and the beds were comfortable. The location was nice as it was maybe a 5 min walk from the metro. Would definitely recommend for anyone visiting Chengdu for the weekend.
Post covid, this place has fallen by the wayside. Smoking is rampant as though the no smoking signs are a suggestion. Urine in the shower trash cans and loud guests after midnight. This place is mostly populated by local men which makes for an uncomfortable atmosphere.
My friend and I stayed in a twin private room, they were comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were all shared but they were all clean with good water pressure. The staff were super helpful and were about 24 hours a day. The location is fantastic. Highly recommend!
Liked: staff are so nice!!! Didn't like: third floor is so good for drinking but its so close to others room.
Liked: Really chilled out atmosphere, a home away from home. Didn't like: n/a
They provide many useful services (like tours and assistance in going places). The price is very good and the city is fun. (also, the girl at the front desk is also very thin :) )
Liked: The staff was friendly right from the beginning, the food is Nice and quite cheap. Didn't like: There was a lot of noise after 10 PM until like 01.00 AM and the walls are very thin. The bed is a bit hard and you feel the metal Spirals. The Free breakfast is a waste. Especially Since they offer Nice and cheap breakfast on the menu, they should either stop their Free breakfast or upgrade it to at least Some fruit/egg that makes it not just toast with a little bit of jam and tea/coffee.
A very outstanding hostel. The environment is amazing. It has a gorgeous sky view on the top floor if you are lucky enough to get a sunny day in Chengdu and an amazing colour choice for the interior decoration which makes it very welcoming. The staff are very helpful and accommodating.
Liked: The hotpot party, and the two for one Laos Beer, the staff at the reception were all lovely. Didn't like: The bedrooms were nice and clean and in good state of repair but the bathrooms were not quite the same.
Liked: Very helpful staff. Clean and quiet. Didn't like: There was nothing to dislike.
Liked: Everything was great, clean, friendly staff, well located around ten mins from the metro and in a nice area. Didn't like: Tours are overpriced, but that's normal in every hostel I've been.
Clean, nice, great value for the money you pay
* If you book the en-suite rooms, you'll be transferred to ''Mix Hostel'''s sister hostel ''Lazybones Hostel'', rooms are all with A/C, private shower and cable-tv. You'll enjoy all the same services offered as in Mix Hostel but better facilities. Please refer to the photo No.10 for the photos of ''Lazybones Hostel''.
Tibet Budget Tour
* Lhasa 4 days:
* Lhasa-EBC-Nepal 7 days (Landcruiser and E.B.C entrance fee included!!!)
* Lhasa-EBC-Lhasa 8 days (Landcruiser and E.B.C entrance fee included!!!)
* Lhasa-Nepal 7 days (Landcruiser!!!)
* Lhasa-Shigatse 6 days (Van)
1. The price is per person for group of 4.
2. Tailor made itinerary is possible.
3. More ppl to join, price goes cheaper, find more ppl from 'Lazy Bones' & 'Mix Hostel' to share cost to Tibet!
Hi everybody, this is Mix, say hello from the Panda city Chengdu, welcome to visit my city and my hostel-a backpacker's oasis has been running for 6 years.
Just like you guys, travel is my favorite thing to do in my life, I've traveled a lot in and out China, the experience I gained from my travels turned out very helpful later in running the hostel because I can ''physically'' understand what we travelers really need when we are on the road.
* Cheap price (beds cost start from 15 RMB, cheapest in downtown!!!)
* Located at peaceful riverside next to city's biggest Buddhist temple - 'Wenshu Temple'
* Friendly staff is the core value of Mix Hostel
* Traveler's lounge and garden, best place to meet people!
* Free internet + Wifi
* Traveler's bar & restaurant
* Convenient location with many bus routes, banks, super-market near by
* Electronic lock on door, individual lockers for every bed in dorm rooms
* Bed curtain on bunk bed for privacy
* 24-hr hot shower and drinking water
* No lock-out and no curfew (hostel staff is on duty 24 hours a day)
* Information desk with knowledgeable travel advisors
* Backpacker oriented! (everything is designed for backpacker)
Hostel organizes many fun activities for our guests to participate, the regular ones are:
* Sichuan Cooking Course (want to know how to cook Mapo Tofu?)
* Free ''Countryside Walking Trip'' (on every Tuesday)
* Free ''City Biking Trip'' (on every Sunday)
* Free 'Dumpling Party' (on every Friday)
* And many random parties...
The services hostel has to offer:
* Free internet + wifi
* Free pick-up from ''North railway station'' (8:50am-4:00pm)
* Free pick-up from Airport (See criteria blow)
* Free table soccer
* Free DVDs
* Free board games
* Free luggage storage
* Book swap
* Common area with lively music
* Bike rental
* Self-help laundry
P.s: The criteria for free ''Airport Pick-up'' is minimum 4 ppl and maximum 5 ppl for one car, if the number of people exceeds 5, you need to pay 50 RMB to hire an extra car.
The tours hostel has to offer:
* Panda Volunteer Trip. (MIX SPECIAL!!!)
* Panda trip (hold pandas!)
* Sichuan Opera (Must-see!!!)
* Discount 'Yangtze River Cruise' ticket and budget tour.
* Jiuzhaigou National Park budget tour
* Songpan Horse Trekking
* Leshan Buddha trip
* Book train & Air ticket.
P.s: (We can arrange the Panda Volunteer Trip for 1 day, 2 days or 6 days for an extensive experience with pandas!)
So, I'd like to invite all my fellow travelers to visit Chengdu and to enjoy a unforgettable stay in Chengdu Mix Hostel.
With my best regards,
Location and Contact
• Within the Wenshu Monastery historical preserved area, with walking distance to Manjushri Monastery, Aidao Nunnery and Jinsha Nunnery. Folk Street surrounding monastery is a ideal area to have a morning or afternoon walk. • North Train Station • Both no.55, 16 buses can take you to the hostel. You can find the buses to the right about 200m off the train station square. Get off after 3 stops at 'Wan Fu Qiao' stop, you will see a rocket model to the opposite. Our hostel is inside the street where the rocket model is. (See the map) • Easiest way: Call or e-mail us to arrange the free pickup from train station! • The Airport • You can take shuttle bus no.303 to the city centre, and then transfer to no.16 bus. Get off at 'Wan Fu Qiao' stop; you will see a rocket model behind you. Our hostel is inside the street where the rocket model is. (See the map). Or take the public bus no.300 which towards north train station, get off at "Wanfu Qiao" stop. • Pickup Service: • Airport (60 RMB/Van for 3 or 4 people), your flight no. arrival time, and the plane take-off city is needed. • North Train Station (free), train no. arrival time needed.
Ren Jia Wan 23, Xing Hui Xi Lu (Xinghui Road West), Wan Fu Qiao, Chengdu,
Sichuan Province, China
Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites: