EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Video

The Hostelz.com Review

This hostel is great value for money. It is suitable for solo travelers as it is easy to meet and mingle with others, but it is also suitable for small groups. The staff are very helpful in keeping every guest happy and do their best to meet everyone’s requests, they are very approachable and lovely to have a chat with.

The hostel is approximately 45min from the main bus station but well located within Berlin itself. It is very easily accessed via the train network which means it is easy to get to other parts of Berlin as well. There is a shopping market a short walk up the road from the hostel and plenty of cafes and restaurants in the area also.

The rooms are quite tidy and clean.
They are cleaned once a day and are spacious enough with provision of a locker per bed. The lockers are decent in size and require your own padlock. The beds come with linen included in the price but are to be fitted by the guest and returned to reception at the end of the stay.
The bathrooms (some shared sex, some male or female) are cleaned twice a day. Toilets are provided with sanitary spray for the seat and plenty of toilet paper. The shared bathroom hasn’t 2 toilets and 1 shower plus 1 basin. There is also one female shower, basin and toilet plus one male shower, basin and toilet on the same level. These vary in size and do have some hooks for hanging your things. Temperature and pressure is very good and shower gel is provided.

There are several common spaces for guests to mingle and meet one another, both indoor and outdoor spaces. There are nightly pub crawls that take place in the main indoor common space, breakfast is provided at a small fee (extra). There is a beautiful outdoor area with football table and plenty of seating.

Summary
This hostel is great value for money. The people are very happy to help and the location is perfect for those wishing to see the best of Berlin. The overall vibe of the hostel is welcoming and social but not a super party orientated hostel. The one checkout time is generous and the wifi throughout the hostel is reliable. There are also PCs for guests to use if needed. Reception can print boarding passes if required also.
This hostel may also be considered suitable for families.
by AD
2019-11-29
Hostel entrance (by night)
Shared WC
Outdoor common space
Communal kitchen
6 bed mixed dorm lockers
6 bed mixed dorm
6 bed mixed dorm

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "EastSeven Berlin Hostel" at Schwedter strasse 7.)

Schwedter strasse 7, Pankow, Berlin, Berlin State, Germany
www.eastseven.de
+49 (30) 93622240
+49 (30) 93622239

How is EastSeven Berlin Hostel rated on other websites?

Gomio

Clean, Nice, but not phenomenal.
It was nice, the people were nice, it was clean, located in a nice area, just not amazing. It didn't have anything extra that put it over the edge. The lockers are deep, tall, but not very wide. That being said, I had a 40L osprey and get it in just fine. In the 4 bed rooms, the top bunks don't have outlets so ask for a bottom.
Age 21, United stayes
2016-10-10

The hostel is great!!
we had a wonderful time at the hostel! Great room, breakfast, always good music, it's well designed, comfortable -- and most important the guys in the reception were always so nice, welcoming, and helpful! Thanks for a great stay!
Sarai
Age 19, Israeli
2015-07-14

Nice quiet hostel
It was a good hostel overall with very good rooms and common rooms. While I was there, it was pretty quiet in general with only a few people in the common rooms, but the staff were certainly helpful.
Kingston
2014-09-05

Ok, but not exceptional
I had a great stay. The double room was a very small and the rooms were noisy. The breakfast costs 2 euro's and is fine, but based on the reviews below I was expecting something special. I've stayed in many hostels, and often a breakfast such as this one (cereals, coffee, and bread) is free. Apart from this , the staff was very kind and the (bath)rooms were clean. I just think this isn't worth a rate of 9.5.
mar
2013-04-02

Very nice stay!
This hostel was really great! The staff made a great job and had a reply for every answer I had around Berlin! The hostel itself is also very social, good to meet people and to connect!
Jerry
(English)
2012-12-03

Nice experience
friendly staff, very good bathroom for dormitory, nice breakfast & beverages in very cheap price. i'll definitely suggest my friend to stay there when going to Berlin!
Lily
(Hong Kong)
2012-05-09

Really nice
I had a little problem when I arrived in Berlin because my flight from Brazil to Germany delayed an entire day and I had no way to tell the hostel I was going to come late so, naturally, they cancel my booking. However, when I arrived to the EastSeven they made everything to help me; they were not available but they called to other hostels and found a place I could stay. As they were so nice to me, I just stayed one night in the other hostel and I came back to EastSeven. Both hostels were amazing. EastSeven has nice, clean and confortable rooms. The attendant was very helpful all the time. I have no complains ... I recommend this hostel!
Juliana
(Brazil)
2012-01-03

Well kept hostel
I only stayed here very briefly but found it a good place to stay. It's not right in the centre but is close to a U-Bahn station, so it's easy to get into the centre. The reception staff were helpful, and the dorm was very spacious, clean and in good condition. I didn't use any of the communal facilities, so I can't say anything about them.
Jonathan